A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,873
Currently Running With Scissors:
516 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 100
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas Stocking Swap Round 8 (signup thru Sept. 21, sendout Dec. 1)  (Read 92499 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TwistedTruth
Craft Addict

Riddle me this...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #260 on: September 22, 2012 05:06:48 PM »

I'm from Indiana and everyone loses their mind during rain and the first snow of the year. =/ I lived in the country, so I was used to crazy snow... Living in the country, I had a lot of snow days because the city never thought my street (and a lot of those in the school district) were important enough to clear off. Three years ago we had what amounted to a blizzard. (Cops had declared it an emergency, do not leave your home unless it was an emergency type thing...) And two years ago it was "ice-pocalypse", AKA I'd wake up to two to four inches of ice on my car to break off before work. Roads coated in ice... Crazy.

In crafty news, my Pinterest makes me look like a crafty Christmas-crazed alcoholic. Not too sure how I feel about that, lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Crafty Business Blog WARNING! <Probable> Spoilers | My Pinterest
halblingefrau

Skillz. I has dem.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #261 on: September 22, 2012 05:24:14 PM »

LOL, I know my pintrest is tons of Christmas stuff.  Everyone else is pinning Halloween and I'm pinning Christmas.  I feel like I've abandoned my fav holiday!  I shall make it up by having a Halloween party.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog | Wists

PM me for personal swaps.
TwistedTruth
Craft Addict

Riddle me this...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #262 on: September 22, 2012 05:33:19 PM »

Haha, yes! I love Halloween, but my husband was never allowed to celebrate. I was like "Can we have a Halloween party?" His response was "... Why...?" Mine was "O.O Really?!"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Crafty Business Blog WARNING! <Probable> Spoilers | My Pinterest
kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #263 on: September 23, 2012 05:35:49 AM »

We go crazy for Halloween and for Christmas. Those are our two biggest holidays. Decorations everywhere, over the top parties. We collect vintage items from both holidays.

We hardly ever get snow in Portland, just rain but I live about 45 minutes from Mt. Hood and Timberline lodge (the outside lodge from the movie the Shining) so if we want snow, we just head for the mountain.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Witchhippie
« Reply #264 on: September 23, 2012 06:18:03 AM »

Here's a fun trivia tidbit...  I live in AZ but I live at 7000' elevation so we get LOTS of snow.  Sometimes we don't have a white Christmas tho, since our worst snow months are Jan and Feb.  But at the very least every Christmas it's cold outside and cozy inside.  Smiley
I have never even seen snow, I feel like I'm missing out on all the fun. Every year we say we are going to find snow but it never happens. :-(  However, we do get to go swimming every Christmas! :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/JW32
http://pinterest.com/witchhippie/

There are three types of people in this world: those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what happened. - Mary Kay Ash
mightyminniemouse
« Reply #265 on: September 23, 2012 06:30:41 AM »

Here's a fun trivia tidbit...  I live in AZ but I live at 7000' elevation so we get LOTS of snow.  Sometimes we don't have a white Christmas tho, since our worst snow months are Jan and Feb.  But at the very least every Christmas it's cold outside and cozy inside.  Smiley
I have never even seen snow, I feel like I'm missing out on all the fun. Every year we say we are going to find snow but it never happens. :-(  However, we do get to go swimming every Christmas! :-)

Being from Canada, you'd think we'd have a white Christmas every year, but in Southern Ontario, it's been hit or miss for the last few years. To the point where my mother-in-law has used spray snow on the windows to fake it Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There comes a time is every woman's life when she has to say to herself "What the hell was I thinking?!"
BadWolf

cassettetape--->BadWolf

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 23, 2012 06:52:25 AM »

Last winter was pretty warm here. We're in Southeast PA so we got hit with Snowpocalypse the year before, which made last year even more disappointing. My dad's a mailman and usually has a walking route, but he still loves it when it snows! My husband on the other hand is wondering why anyone who lives in a hilly area would like and/or wish for snow. He's from Northeast Philly and likes flat land and no snow or ice. Good thing he walks to work. Recounting all of this makes me want to snuggle in my wool blanket, wear a hoodie and long socks, and have tea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My username has changed from cassettetape to BadWolf.

"Does this shirt make me look like a party balloon?"-Mike

http://pinterest.com/marquesajen
murbeck
They call me a redneck, and I reckon that I am

"the chief enemy of creativity is good sense"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #267 on: September 23, 2012 07:17:49 AM »

I've never had a white Christmas, I moved from FL to TN a year ago, and of course last winter (my first in TN) was a super mild one, booooo.  I'm hoping for a stupidly cold winter this year!   Grin  Oh, but to answer your question, even growing up in FL we would obsess over the gorgeousness of snow and people decorate with fake snow and spray the windows with fake frost.  Yeah, we were total wannabe's, haha!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You are ALWAYS smiling"
"That's because I'm happy"

Facebook
I'm Wistful
I'm pinteresting!

What good is warmth without cold to give it sweetness?
SevsOnlyGirl
Swap Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator
Guest Blogger

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #268 on: September 23, 2012 07:45:20 AM »

*deep breath* 

The partner list is up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please take time to look over your partner's questionnaire when you receive it and chat a lot! Smiley  There were a couple of pairing or groupings that occurred due to shipping/allergy issues, but I'm sure everyone will be fine.  This is a great swap, done in the spirit of the holidays, so please enjoy yourselves!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
mycutezombies
« Reply #269 on: September 23, 2012 07:56:56 AM »

Yay! Thanks for your hard work sevs. Hope you're feeling better.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 100 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Wear Sparkle for the Holidays
A Day to Night Look with J Brand Jeans
‘Tis The Season to Entertain in Style
Gillian Sagansky Talks About the Perfect Jeans
3 Ways to Rock 1 Chic Pair of Tuxedo Pants
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...