A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 304,765
Currently Running With Scissors:
673 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: What do you do with all your unusable off cuts of fabric?  (Read 2690 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ThéaOz

With a needle, always !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2013 05:40:09 AM »

The larger ones I use them for creating textile (textile art), the smaller ones I use them for stuffing.

I'd rather have that around than the big bag of stuffing Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

CharlieC
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2013 07:18:42 AM »

i make jewelery out of it....or just use it for stuffing little toys i make Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TkRainy

Everybody wants a big ol' slice of a little pie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2013 01:55:39 AM »

I pick out every scrap that I might be able to use in a quilt made with 2x2 inch squares, and throw everything else away.

I've come to the point of realizing that I can't keep everything. I've used scraps as stuffing, and it doesn't work out too well. They're bulky, and they start to get saggy. So, I'm starting to throw them away.

I recycle things that I can put in a bin and put by the road. Otherwise, I throw it away or put it in the compost. I have a cardboard box next to my sewing machine that all the threads and scraps and stuff get thrown into, then I empty it out into a garbage bag on cleaning day.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nicole_lee
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2013 05:00:55 PM »

Depending on the size I make little keychain wrist lanyards. Great as gifts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
paisleyhansen
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2013 02:56:53 PM »

I up cycle old clothes into patchwork quilts and have accumulated a big bag of unusable bits like seams, stained or holey bits, collars and skinny bits that are too small to use for anything. What do you guys do with these bits? I live in the UK and am considering putting them in one of those charity bags that comes through the door and is collected by a textile recycler (I donate my wearable old clothes directly to a charity shop). What do you you guys do?

If the pieces are big enough, I like to make tag blankets/"loveys" for friends with babies. http://www.chicaandjo.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/taggie_blanket_6.jpg
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a freelance writer/blogger who loves to write about all things heath/beauty/fashion. When I'm not writing I can usually be found reading a good book Smiley
Krysdra
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2013 09:20:09 AM »

If the pieces are small enough, I put them outside, so the birds can use them to build their nests. I do this with all my scrap yarn, and thread.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
paisleyhansen
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2013 09:41:46 AM »

Krysdra -
I bet that looks lovely in your yard! I'd love to see pictures. I'll have to try this too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a freelance writer/blogger who loves to write about all things heath/beauty/fashion. When I'm not writing I can usually be found reading a good book Smiley
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Deal With Love Handles
Underwear That Flatters Your Figure
Picking the Right Panties For Your Body
3 Lightweight Hoodies For Spring Workouts
Picking Out the Perfect Sunglasses
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...