A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 311,411
Currently Running With Scissors:
442 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Whats Your Inspiration?  (Read 1050 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

WeeFreeRhie
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: February 28, 2015 07:31:09 AM »

I have been looking at a lot of swap galleries lately, and there are some BEAUTIFUL pieces.
Where do you get your inspiration for crafts?

And, when you are crafting for someone else, what's your process? Do you pick something specific off their Pinterests? Do you just write down some general themes and preferences and then head to the craft store?

Inquiring minds want to know and be inspired Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yippie-ki-yay FELLOW CRAFTERS! Cheesy
Ludi

May the Ghost Squid be with you.

Nerding along...

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015 08:38:54 AM »

I get my inspiration from literature, film, nature, and the works of other artists. 

I'll usually look at my partner's Pinterest, then ponder for awhile, looking at other artsncrafts on the same theme but usually in different media, and eventually something will come to me....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Proud member of SEEN: the Society of Ernestly Embroidering Nerds

http://ernestthesiger.org

http://immenseminiatures.com/
Alittlemusthave

Another cup of tea ?

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015 01:58:06 PM »

I always like to try new things so I try to google crafts I have not made before and find out as much info i can about them. From Pinterest, to blogs etc. Normally I always have tried and tested the medium before I go ahead and make it for a swap.
I never copy something straight off of Pinterest boards for my partner, I take inspiration and then create something similar and in my own style.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LadybugsAndBumblebees

I'm so squishy!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015 03:20:46 PM »

I usually stalk my partner's pinterest and really, really read the questionnaire.  Look at what the person made and received in swaps in the past.

I usually end up with a ton of ideas and have to narrow it down.  I really have trouble with that part.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl (my personal pinterest)
www.etsy.com/shop/LadybuggirlCrafts
http://Pinterest.com/LadybuggirlCrafts (my business pinterest-click on banner in right corner)
I'm on instagram:  ladybuggirlcrafts

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
fatewineroses
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2015 11:17:57 AM »

I start by looking at my partner's posts here on Craftster. Not only what they have made (although that is fun to look at) but also items they have received in the past that they really liked, threads they have posted on, etc etc. Pinterest is new. It used to be Wists of course. Pinterest can be helpful to get a feel for a person. Blogs are super useful and if they have one, I read almost everything they have posted.

I print out or copy the questionnaire to my phone and then read it several times. I have a notebook that I keep to brainstorm in. I recently started titling pages with a swap and all the swap information at the top. Then reserve a couple pages for sketching.

I take the themes or ideas I might have gleamed from my stalking, and do a search on google for images. Those are usually my jumping off point. I might get three or four ideas, work through a design...scrap all but one...and start crafting. That final decision might be influenced by my materials on hand, my abilities, preferred methods of crafting, etc etc.

Then I craft! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jenleahlynn
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2015 09:29:40 AM »

i tend to look at their previous swaps as well. it helps to get a feel for someones style when you see what they have actually recieved. i also look at pinterest, and do a google search into themes i'm not familiar with . i love a long questionarre.

i also tend to work in the same medium for a few weeks, so one  project tends to inspire the next. i don't usually start with a complete plan though, and projects develop as i work. i tend to have a hard time deciding when it's done
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenleahlynn
interested in a private atc swap-i am collecting ATC cards to be framed in a collage and auction to raise money for Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma research. (ACCRF) project blog-    atc4acc.blogspot.com

pinterest.com/jenleahlynn
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Questions and Answers with Camila Coelho and Her Husband
How to Do Smoky Eyes for Date Night
Flawless Skin Date Makeup Tutorial
How to Apply Cream Blush
Sun Kissed Catwalk Makeup
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Zucchini Pineapple Loaf
@Home This Weekend: Upcycled Paint Cans
August 26, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...