A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,116
Currently Running With Scissors:
445 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Anyone know how to or where I can find a pattern to crochet this?  (Read 875 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

teenythainy
« on: August 29, 2012 09:51:33 AM »

http://static3.refinery29.com/bin/entry/d8d/x/654000/eleonora-27-shop-owner-milan-fw-june-july-2012-photogianlucasenese.jpg
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Alexus1325
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012 01:28:16 PM »

That dress is CUTE!!! If I were to make this, I would do the top from 3 granny squares with lacing at the back (but it could also be 4 squares), and the skirt looks to be 8 granny squares wide gathered onto the bodice.

I looked around for a pattern, but couldn't find one via Ravelry, so you're on your own regarding measurements. You'll just have to measure your motifs using different hook sizes until you get a square that's about a half inch smaller than one quarter of your bust measurement. Also, I'd line the dress with something stretchy, or else invest in a strapless slip.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teenythainy
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012 12:15:33 PM »

Thanks! How many rounds do you think the granny squares are? And what kind of lacing is that around the top and bottom of the dress? And are these considered traditional granny squares?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012 12:17:06 PM by teenythainy » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Alexus1325
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012 04:16:59 PM »

I count 8 rows of colour and one row of gold for each square, and the top and bottom trim are some sort of shell motif. And yes, that is a plain old 3-double-crochet-cluster granny square Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BoxOfRocks
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012 12:04:13 PM »

It's hard to tell in the photo, but the granny squares appear to be linked together at the back post of the dcs and at the ch spaces, perhaps by sc or chain stitches on the inside.  You can sort of see the gaps between front ridges of the dc, indicating that they are separate.  If you're looking for something more secure but still provides a similar look as in the photo, try the continuous join method.

Additionally, the lacy stitching at the neckline and hem look like a shell stitch.  Here are some shell stitch variations from About.com.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
teenythainy
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2012 12:38:54 PM »

Does it matter what hook I use? Yay! I'm excited to try this after I buy the yarn. Maybe I'll post a picture of the finished product after I'm done. Thanks for the advice!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Alexus1325
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2012 11:55:49 AM »

I would do a test square with whatever hook the yarn recommends. If your finished 9 round square isn't slightly less than one-quarter of your bust measurement, go up a hook size if it's too small and go down a hook size if it's too big. Projects like this one are why having a hook kit is a good idea. I got mine at a thrift store, though it has fewer hooks than the picture I just linked.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
6 Hair Trends For Fall
Easy Waterfall Braid Tutorial
Celebrity Inspired Hair For the Summer
4 Glam Ways to Wear a Hair Wrap
6 Tips For Gorgeous Hair at Any Age
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...