A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,547
Currently Running With Scissors:
671 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 75
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Fall Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 109698 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kit the Brave
« Reply #560 on: October 28, 2012 06:23:47 PM »

Oh, my gosh, I'm out for a bit and I come back to an adorable Funshine Bear and some truly amazing crafts!

Almost done with my Alchemy OWL (thank goodness, seeing as how, you know, it's a Halloween costume... but in the meantime, here is my pumpkin challenge from the Hogwarts Halloween Feast we did at my library this weekend.

Challenge: Pumpkin Challenge
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Glitter pumpkins and "floating" jack-o-lanterns
Brief Description: We had to turn a gym into the Great Hall, and I wanted both some pumpkins around the place and the floating jack-o-lanterns from the movie. I made glitter pumpkins by painting pumpkins with Mod Podge and covering them with polyester glitter. For the floating jack-o-lanterns, I got orange paper lanterns, intending to draw jack-o-lantern faces on them. Well, I managed to have time to draw *one* face on *one* lantern, and then I farmed them out to the middle-school kids in the after-school program. They did a great job, although I had to remind them several times not to make the pumpkins too scary. Cheesy We hung them up with fishing line.

Here's a picture of one of the glitter pumpkins, at the foot of the professors' table in the Great Hall.

This is a really bad picture of the Great Hall, in which you can just see one of the floating jack-o-lanterns (I have no idea if it is actually the one I did or not). I'm sorry for the bad pictures! It's a lot better than last year, when I didn't have time to take pictures at all. Next year I will have to get someone to take pictures instead of me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
WhistleFish
« Reply #561 on: October 28, 2012 06:48:59 PM »

Class/Challenge: Pumpkin Challenge AND Herbology
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Tiny Pumpkin
Brief Description: This pumpkin underwent a shrinking spell so it could fit on my Halloween shelf. So cute, I should make a whole pumpkin patch!
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #562 on: October 29, 2012 05:47:22 AM »

Love those yarn stockings, pinkleo - and congrats on WOTW!!

What an adorable funshine bear, tiamatfire. She certainly spread some brightness here!

Awesome little pumpkin, WhistleFish.

The whole fam is off work/school today due to Hurricane Sandy, so we are going to finally carve our pumpkins!! Yay! The candlelight will be nice if we loose power later... Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #563 on: October 29, 2012 09:37:18 AM »

Hunkering down for the hurricane.  Got plenty of candles in case I have to knit by candleight later... fingers crossed I don't!
The subway is closing down and everyone is encouraged to stay indoors so... I take that as Mother Nature's message to get some crafting done!

My thoughts are with those further south that have already been dealing with Sandy.  I hope y'all are warm and dry in a nice safe Burrow.

Stay safe, everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #564 on: October 29, 2012 01:44:23 PM »

Class: Happy Hogwarts Halloween Challenge
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Superhero Pumpkins
Project Page Link (if available): N/A
Brief Description: We are on a super hero kick in our house. So of course, DJ is being Batman and we had to have pumpkins to match!

Project Picture:

Batman:

Spiderman:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

« Reply #565 on: October 29, 2012 02:38:10 PM »

Class: Charms
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Bentonite Clay Toothpaste
Project Page Link (if available): http://www.bulkherbstore.com/Bentonite-Clay-Toothpaste-Kit
Brief Description: I may have taken this challenge too literally lol.  What's something to craft for a smile?  Toothpaste!  I've always wanted to try my own toothpaste after hating putting all those chemicals in my mouth, but every time I went to order supplies, one or more product was out.  After searching a bit last night, I stumbled upon this recipe which I had everything already.  Thought I had better try it out.  So here it is.  And  .... It's nasty LOL!  I can't stand the taste of salt in packaged foods so having that much salt taste in my mouth made my eyes water.  I may try to add some more stevia or maybe some more cinnamon essential oil to help.  Don't know, but I'll probably still use it either way.

Project Picture:

« Last Edit: October 29, 2012 02:38:51 PM by patty_o_furniture » THIS ROCKS   Logged

seeuudee

Smile!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #566 on: October 29, 2012 02:46:02 PM »

Some great projects all, love the funshine outfit and the cake looks very yummy!

Congrats pinkleo on WOTW - very much deserved!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sakuracat23

Don't make me get the flying Monkeys!!!

View Profile
« Reply #567 on: October 29, 2012 09:19:03 PM »

Hello again! its been awhile.Here goes nothing.lol

Class/Challenge/House Pride:Potions
House:gryffindor!
Project Name:Ollivanders wand cabinet
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: For the Back to hogwarts swap I got paired with the lovely spikefan who wanted some clay miniatures,ATCs & small hoopla, At first i had this neat idea for a Honeydukes trunk that sat on its short end and opened up to reveal a little venders trunk...thing. and while the trunk was working out my attempts at tiny candies were not. so i finally gave up on that and desided to make a shelf full of wands. After much measuring, cursing and prototypes. I held in my hand a cabinet thats been modge podged with tissue, painted black and holds 56 wands and boxes! 28 plain painted wands and 28 "fancy" polyclay and painted ones.then somehow I got it in my head that i needed a way for her to display her favorites so i used some black clay and a mold i made yrs ago of an old button, cut it in half poked 7 holes and tada! wand holder? decoration at the top of the cabinet Grin
Project Picture:

some of my favorites are in the bottom right, but i love them all
Heres the cabinet (spikefans pic)

Also spikefans pic showes a closeup of 3 of the wands
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #568 on: October 30, 2012 10:08:25 AM »

Love the pumpkins Abbee!  I hope you guys are all safe in the storm!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on lists and forget to craft.
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #569 on: October 30, 2012 11:53:55 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: October Detention
House:ra ra ravenclaw
Project Name: clean out cat house
Now winter kicks in it was time for my annual most dreaded task... cleaning out the winter cat house so that kitty can keep warm while I am out (she has to be out while I am out, landlady says so). The winter house is always full of slugs and snails, and I have real issues with them - they are the only animals I get girly about! But i manned up, got real dirty (and with plenty of salt to hand) picked them out... washed out the house and have washed the lining and floor cover. I'm sleeping with the fabrics in my bed tonight so that they smell of me and kitty to help put off any foxes from going inside too
They may not have been horned, but i certainly dealt with enough slugs to qualify as having done October's detention Lips sealed

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Muggle Studies
House:ravenclaw
Project Name: LX girls blankets

So, our workshop, which doubles as our break room at work, is freezing. there's cold water pipes in some of the walls, and it's right up next to the rack room (which has to be kept cold, almost like a fridge) too. Us 3 LX girls get really cold -  especially if you're trying to grab a quick nap or just hang out watching telly on dinner breaks. So, when I found i had all this spare fleece, after I changed my mind about materials for another project, I knew I had to make us girls* blankets, personalising each one with random stuff from my stash. I finished them during today's matinee and they are already proving very comforting!
(* the boys mostly don't seem to feel the cold and scoffed at my blanket suggestion. So they don't get any. But we might share if they buy us biscuits)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012 05:35:32 PM by noodle-bug » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 75 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jeanius - Grace Fuller on Denim Fashion
Kerry Washington’s Cover Photo Shoot for Vanity Fair’s August 2013 Issue
3 Key Layering Tricks You Need This Fall
Back-to-School Saturday Haul with Cait Barker
The Latest Leather and Patent Items from The Highstreet
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...