A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,726
Currently Running With Scissors:
668 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 75
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Fall Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 116901 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pottermouth
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #470 on: October 14, 2012 05:11:01 PM »

Lovely dishcloths, pinkleo!

Class: Charms
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Oh So Soft Scarf and Hat
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: Choosing yarn from the LYS always puts a smile on my face, as well as knitting or crocheting a gift from said yarn. DD3 was most appreciative of the scarf and hat but the owl, Peepers, is what makes her happy every day.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

« Reply #471 on: October 14, 2012 06:40:27 PM »

Great posts, everyone!  I've been under the weather and falling behind in my crafting but I'm back on track starting tonight.  A few notes from my catch-up reading (I can't comment on them all, so in no particular order here is a sampling):

Indigo_Roses: Those punkin apple muffins look tasty, thanks for the recipe!  Also, did you chart the frog cloths yourself, or is there a free pattern out there that a broke witch might be able to get her hands on?

Seeudee: that is one fine lookin' garden.  I spire to have such a space one day.

Patty O': That store- wow, just. Wow.

I think I'll get back to crafts with the Halloween challenge. Mayhaps there's another pumkin baby hat in my future... Hmm?
Have a great week, everybody!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Kit the Brave
« Reply #472 on: October 14, 2012 09:05:33 PM »

Everyone's stuff looks so great! The little store is amazing, I love the embroidered constellations, and the only thing softer and cuddlier than the scarf and hat is Peepers the owl. Smiley

And now I want to knit lots of dishcloths. Smiley

I had to rip back my October Quidditch practice craft, but in the true Weasley spirit, I will start again. I'm also on my second try of my Steampunk Tinkerbell wings, but things are going much better this time. As my husband says, the only way you don't make mistakes is if you never do anything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #473 on: October 15, 2012 07:12:48 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Aparation
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Longing for the Atlantic Charm Bracelet
Project Page Link (if available): http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=415534.0

Brief Description: Another charm bracelet to share with you today!  This one is themed around the ocean.  I always seem to want to go there in the fall.  I grew up in New Hampshire, not necessarily on the ocean, but about 1 hour away.  We would always take field trips there in school, to study tide pools and sea life.  I suppose that Fall reminds me of those trips, and getting bundled up in warm sweaters, gloves and scarves, (along with some sturdy shoes!) to go exploring.  And of course the hot cider we would have after our visit, to thaw our frozen fingers!  The bracelet contains 18 nautical charms, including a treasure map, small ships wheel, fish hook, compass rose, row boat, captain at the wheel, seahorse, large anchor, sailing ship, life preserver, mermaid, large wheel, spyglass, anchor with rope, lighthouse, pirate ship, octopus, and an anchor disk. The beads are a mix of glass, Czech glass, jade, banded agate, river shell, and freshwater pearl disks, in shades of blue, sky, cyan, teal, turquoise, green, clear, and white.

Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Flying
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: A Few of Her Favorite Things Charm Bracelet
Project Page Link (if available): http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=415532.0

Brief Description: This bracelet is a bit different for me, in that it doesn't have a single theme.  It was made for a young woman who requested it include "all of her favorite things".  There are 16 mixed gold and silver charms, including two golden owls, two silver hearts, silver fangs, bottles of blue & white glitter, a silver wolf, a golden Ravenclaw eagle, a silver angel wing, Police Box, Eiffel Tower, dragon, mustache, golden book, and silver letter L. The beads are a mix of glass, Czech glass, turquoise, quartz, and crystal, in shades of night blue, violet, royal purple, light yellow, amber, and soft pink.  She wanted the colors to be reminiscent of the boat & lanterns scene from Tangled.  When looking at the inspiration pictures she sent me, I imagined flying into those pink and blue skies as the sun set.  As a kid I used to go night skiing a lot, and was always touched by how different the mountains seemed at night.  So still and peaceful, compared to the bustle of day time skiing, and I wondered if flying a broom at night would be a similar experience.  Provided I wasn't being chased by Death Eaters of course!

Project Picture:
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012 07:23:58 AM by jennieingram » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
FiberAlchemist

Wit Beyond Measure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #474 on: October 15, 2012 09:43:10 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Flying
Project Name: Through the Clouds Quilt

Brief Description: I made this quilt for my partner in the Back to Hogwarts Swap.  I used blue and just a hint of "bronze" to make this for her Ravenclaw dormitory.  But the more I looked at it, the more the blue and white chevrons reminded me of the sky/cloud striations you see while taking off/landing in an airplane.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: October Quidditch
Project Name: Weasley Products

Brief Description: I also made these for the Back to Hogwarts Swap as my partners favorite shop is Weasley Wizard Wheezes.  I made her a tote bag, a pygmy puff, Peruvian Instant Darkness Powder (hot cocoa mix) and some Anti-Gravity Hats (Hershey kisses glued, with frosting, to fudge stripe cookies).
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Herbology & Happy Halloween Hogwarts
Project Name: Pumpkin Brownies

Brief Description: This challenge came right at the perfect time!  Last night I whipped up a batch of pumpkin brownies.  After my husband had a "meltdown" over his pants being too small I decided we would give weight watchers a go again.  I came across this recipe while looking for something low in points to satisfy our sweet teeth. Cheesy

Project Picture:

Recipe from Hungry-girl.com
Ingredients:
1 sugar-free chocolate pudding snack with 60 calories or less
1/3 cup chocolate frosting
1 box moist-style devils food cake mix
One 15-oz. can pure pumpkin
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 9" X 13" baking pan with nonstick spray.

In a medium bowl, mix pudding with frosting. Cover and refrigerate.

In a large bowl, thoroughly mix cake mix with pumpkin. (Batter will be thick.) Spread mixture into the baking pan.

Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 18 - 20 minutes.

Let cool completely, about 1 1/2 hours.

Evenly spread brownies with pudding mixture, and sprinkle with walnuts. Slice and enjoy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #475 on: October 15, 2012 11:02:16 AM »

Awesome projects, FiberAlchemist!  I'm so in love with the lap quilt!  Those Weasley products are so fab and mmmmm that treat looks mouthwatering!  Awesome job!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I've moved in May 2013!  Contact me for my new address!
jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #476 on: October 15, 2012 11:19:50 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Transfiguration
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Hufflepuff Loom Bracelets
Brief Description:  With a flick of my wand, I turned beetles into buttons!  And then turned those buttons into bracelets!  I used a loom that my husband made me for my birthday to make both of these bracelets.  The ones with the square beads was the first projects I made on my new loom.  Both were for my partner, tankrgrl, in the Back to Hogwarts 2 swap.
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I've moved in May 2013!  Contact me for my new address!
Eiseldora
« Reply #477 on: October 15, 2012 12:59:19 PM »

I had many things come up this weekend including working a fair all day on Sunday for my job, and helping my husband with his school work.

I was able to make 8 of the 11 washcloths I plan to give for Christmas.

I just need to make Teal, Blue, and Red.

I also was finally able to make my Divination project I'll edit later with pictures

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Divination
Project Name: Hand Soap
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: For Divination I have been studying hands. In the process I discovered that many hands are often dirty, tired, and sometimes dry, so I made some magical hand soap that will relax the user with a lavender scent.

I used an online guide for the basic recipe. The hardest part was getting the glycerin. I actually ended up having to order it at the pharmacy.
Project Picture:
All ingredients in the pot

After Simmering its a solid slimy goo
Funneling into used bottles

It actually made 4 bottles of soap, so I am now set with plenty backed up. I was surprised at how easy it was to make. I'd grated soap before to make homemade laundry detergent, and this soap was softer and easier to grate.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012 09:14:29 PM by Eiseldora » THIS ROCKS   Logged
indigo_roses
« Reply #478 on: October 15, 2012 02:35:46 PM »

Indigo_Roses: Those punkin apple muffins look tasty, thanks for the recipe!  Also, did you chart the frog cloths yourself, or is there a free pattern out there that a broke witch might be able to get her hands on?

A broke witch could find herself a pattern here - http://oscarsdotter.burnhamland.com/frog.html Smiley

Pinkleo, I'm fine with sharing! Smiley

jennieingram, great bracelets!

FiberAlchemist, I love that quilt!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

« Reply #479 on: October 15, 2012 06:09:10 PM »

A broke witch could find herself a pattern here - http://oscarsdotter.burnhamland.com/frog.html Smiley

Thank you!! Once I get some galleons together I might be tempted to order from her- I love that beehive cloth in the sidebar pic.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 75 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Vogue Weddings - Erdem on Inspiration For His Collection
How to Do Zombie Makeup for Halloween
How to Make Your Own Skin-Saving Cloth Mask to Alleviate Dry Skin
Mastering the Classic Red Lip with DJ Chelsea Leyland
Your Winter Moisturizing Routine From Head to Toe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...