A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 302,583
Currently Running With Scissors:
505 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 75
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Fall Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 109912 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #410 on: October 04, 2012 07:44:19 AM »

~*Congratulations to Eisadora for being the first person to answer the voting challenge!
And to pinkleo for being the first person to craft something patriotic!*~

You are now eligible to display the Voting Challenge Badge!  And, as promised here's a Chocolate Frog Card to add to your collection!

Oooh, you've gotten Professor Flitwick!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on lists and forget to craft.
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #411 on: October 04, 2012 07:56:36 AM »

~*Congratulations to Naantje, for being the first international witch to complete the newly added challenge rules for international Craftsters!*~

You are now eligible to display the Voting Challenge Badge!  And, as promised here's a Chocolate Frog Card to add to your collection!

Oooh, you've gotten Fleur Delacour!  A very lovely French witch!

***Personal note: I hope this adequately makes up for the fact that I didn't think this challenge through well enough the first time, to remember to include our international friends.  You all have my sincere apologies.  One of the goals pinkleo & I both take very much to heart, is to make sure that everyone feels welcome here in the HPC.  We love all of you!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012 08:03:52 AM by jennieingram » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on lists and forget to craft.
skatergirl1007
« Reply #412 on: October 04, 2012 10:59:48 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Flying
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Scarf thingy
Brief Description: I was trying to make one of those hand warmy tubes but I did worng so now I have a scarf thing to wear while on my broomstick.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tiamatfire
« Reply #413 on: October 04, 2012 12:52:22 PM »

Challenge: Vote!

I've voted in every provincial and federal election since I was eligible, which twice has involved a LOT of rigamarole because I was out of my riding so I had to vote in advance.  In Canada, as long as you have proof you are a legal resident and are over 18 you may vote - if you're voting at your own polling station as dictated by your address you just need photo ID with your current address, photo ID with an old address and an official piece of mail (like a bill) with your current address, or a notarized piece of paper vouching for you and your address.

If you're voting outside (as I had to) you need to go to an advance polling station with any of the above options, and they will register you there and you vote early instead.

Our elections are different in that they are not necessarily called regularly.  An election must be called here at least every 4 years, but an election may also triggered when the Governor-General dissolves parliament.  THAT is either done at their own purview or when it is recommended by the Prime Minister, which might occur if a vote of non-confidence in the government passes in the house, or if the PM him- or herself simply chooses to do so.   It's possible though that the GG will ask the official opposition if they can command the confidence of the house, either alone or as a coalition with one or more of the other parties and avoid an election.

It sounds complicated, but it does at least mean that our election run-up (and therefore ads, debates, etc.) is wayyyyy shorter than our neighbours to the south!  Sorry guys, but man alive am I tired of seeing all your ads, lol!  Because we have so many American channels here we are subject to them constantly too.  I'm betting though that you are all just as tired of them as we are!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
Melissaurus
« Reply #414 on: October 05, 2012 10:07:47 AM »

Oooh. I've been quiet for a bit here - this thread moves so fast! It can get intimidating sometimes, especially because at the moment I am preparing for a Craft Fair, so I've been focusing my efforts (and magic) in to that at the moment.

Challenge: VOTING

I have to agree with Tiamatfire, as I also hail from the land of ice and snow known as Canada.

We have a joke in our family that we're unofficial US citizens, as the US political battle is broadcast more over TV than anything else, even on Canadian channels. We know almost as much as an American would.

On the topic of voting, though, I firmly believe that everyone should vote. If we don't participate in the democratic process, someone else will, and I don't think the results would be pretty. I don't believe that the systems in place (especially in our country) are quite where they should be, and there is a lot of craziness going on - to the point where it seems like people DON'T want us to vote. But I do anyway. I wanted to vote when I was 16, and was pretty darn excited when I got to vote two years ago. When you vote, you suddenly feel this sense of responsibility. It's a really great feeling - you suddenly feel like you're a much bigger part of an even bigger picture (even when the vote doesn't go your way). And although there are plenty of other reasons to vote, I think that is one of the most awesome ones.

I firmly believe that if you don't vote, you don't have a right to complain about the state of the government (unless there was something serious going on at the time to make you miss it. I'd forgive you there), so there's another bonus to voting Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #415 on: October 05, 2012 05:16:09 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Voting Is Magic
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Tastes Like Freedom
Brief Description: I'm not quite sure what I was thinking here but it does scare the pants off my kids.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #416 on: October 05, 2012 05:43:08 PM »

@skatergirl1007: YAY Wish Bear!

@tiamatfire & Melissaurus: love reading your voting tales...I'm tired of the ads (since I don't feel they inform anything, rather just mean/angry) and completely agree if you could vote and didn't, then you have no room to complain....why complain?  Take Action!

@pottermouth: Tastes Like Freedom, I love it! Cool
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012 05:45:55 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

whenindoubtsew

I do love knitting patterns - Albus Dumbledore

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: October 05, 2012 11:31:02 PM »

Hi guys - I apologise now as this is going to be pic heavy  Undecided

House Unity - for Slytherin
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Help around the kitchen
Brief Description: My swap partner special_occasion has received her goodies and has been really busy so unable to post as yet in the Hogwarts swap so I will post a couple of the things I sent. This first one is tea-towels with Dark Mark and pot-holder with Slytherin emblem as her house-elf has been emancipated and I thought these might help Grin
Project Picture:

Class: Herbology
Project Name: Pajamas and slippers
Brief Description: I also made these pajamas and slippers for her favourite class - herbology of course. I found this great material with images of herbs all over and screenprinted herbology on the shirt in HP font!! The kimono slipper pattern I bought from IThinkSew website. I think I will be making myself some - they were easier than I thought they were going to be
Project Picture:

Class: Alchemy
Project Name: Dressform pincushion
Brief Description: I saw the free pattern for this http://www.thediydish.com/2011/10/season-4-how-to-make-a-dress-form-mannequin-pin-cushion/ and just had to make it - I like to think it will be worth it's weight in gold (it's not overly heavy  Tongue) for keeping track of all those nasty/pointy pins!!
Project Picture:

Class: Care of Magical Creatures
Project Name: Shiny's
Brief Description: I like to think that nifflers would not be able to resist these shiny's - some hairpins, earrings and a bracelet
Project Picture:

Class: Charms
Project Name: Cheering Charm to conjure some Madame Pimpernelle's Beautifying Potions
Brief Description: Some sugar scrub and a perfume locket in it's own make-up bag. I used this http://www.maybematilda.com/2011/04/baby-shower-gift-homemade-sugar-scrub.html for the sugar scrub (easy peasy), this http://www.glamourandgraceblog.com/2011/diy-perfume-locket/ for perfume locket (replaced beeswax with soywax - I can see me making many more of these) and this tutorial http://sewlikemymom.com/makeup-bag-tutorial/ for mini make-up bag. Special-occasion seemed quite cheered  Cheesy
Project Picture:

Phew - sorry to put them all together  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/winsomelonesome/
http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/7049637-kylie
Black Apple doll - sent
Altered spool swap - sent
Woodland Creatures swap - sent
Dream catcher swap - crafting
whenindoubtsew

I do love knitting patterns - Albus Dumbledore

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: October 05, 2012 11:54:30 PM »

Challenge - Vote!

I live in Australia where voting is compulsory. I think it's a good thing to take interest in who may be running the country and whether you agree with how they will be doing that. As you said pinkleo, tiamatfire & Melissaurus - you can't complain if you didn't take the opportunity to have your say  Cheesy

Some interesting facts about Australia you may not know (because I didn't know some of them  Tongue)

* Australia is the biggest island and the smallest continent in the world.
* Australia is the driest inhabited continent on earth, the driest is Antarctica
* With an average of 330 metres Australia is the lowest continent in the world.
* The Australian Snowy Mountains receive more snowfall in a year than the Swiss Alps.
* Australia is the only continent without an active volcano.

Best wishes to all those in the US that are thinking of voting!!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012 12:05:48 AM by whenindoubtsew » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/winsomelonesome/
http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/7049637-kylie
Black Apple doll - sent
Altered spool swap - sent
Woodland Creatures swap - sent
Dream catcher swap - crafting
3plyproblem

Is it jumper weather yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #419 on: October 06, 2012 05:45:00 AM »

Hello again!  Grin It's been a while, hasn't it?

I've just caught up on the last 17 pages, and wow. I adore every single project! There's so much stitch-witchery, baking alchemy and crafting magic on this thread, it's really inspiring.

Which is why, today, I'm going to try and finish my Care Of Magical Creatures project. I started it one evening last month, then panicked and went to work on some Christmas presents instead. But with a few of those under my belt, I think I can dedicate some time to completing it.

I'll keep the details under my pointed hat right now, but here's a quick photo of my progress so far - nine wrapped marbles: http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/556281_4146391371560_1453700189_n.jpg

-consultingcorsair.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I got 99 problems and they're all unfinished projects.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 75 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Gardens of the Atomic Age: Landscaping Eichler Homes
Visitability: Smart Design Tips For Accessible Kitchens
Taking the Long View: How Not to Ruin the Eames House
A Better Toilet? Biomimicry Design Saves Water & Energy
If It Ships It Fits: Prefab Everything With Method Homes
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...