A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 301,542
Currently Running With Scissors:
511 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 75
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Fall Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 139137 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

whenindoubtsew

I do love knitting patterns - Albus Dumbledore

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: October 01, 2012 03:03:47 PM »

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments

Aww such cute booties!  I am NOT good enough at crochet to make those darling boots (though yeah jennieingram...I think my girl needs a pair in red to go with that TARDIS onesie...)

Tiamatfire - I don't know if you do knitting but the pattern I ended up using are knitted

Ohhh...  maybe I need to make a pair in my size to wear around the house as slippers!  (I can't wear actual converse sneakers as they don't provide anywhere near enough support, for being on my feet all day at work.)

I was thinking the same thing - I needed an engorgio charm to make them bigger and make some for me!!

Jennieingram - Who can say yummy for healthy lunches that look that good!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kit the Brave
« Reply #361 on: October 01, 2012 04:54:38 PM »

Challenge: Cauldron Treat Challenge
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Dulce Sin Leche Cupcakes

This recipe is dairy-free and vegan! It comes from the awesome book Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World, by Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero. The cookbook version includes a "caramel" topping made with brown rice syrup, but brown rice syrup isn't available anywhere around me, so I skipped that step.

Despite the coconut milk these cupcakes don't taste a lot like coconut to me. They make a great basic vegan cupcake!

(Not elegant, but yummy!)

Preheat oven to 350.

1 1/4 c all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 c. granulated sugar
1/4 c. brown sugar, packed
1/3 c. oil
1/2 c. soy milk (I used Very Vanilla Silk)
1/2 c. coconut milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/4 teaspoon lemon zest

Sift the first four ingredients together; mix in the sugars. Whisk the rest of the ingredients together; make a well in the dry ingredients, pour in the wet ingredients, and mix until fairly smooth. (The batter will look a bit runny and not like cake batter since there are no eggs - don't worry!) Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake for 22-25 minutes. Cool on wire rack.

The best thing about vegan cupcake recipes? You can lick the bowl! Haven't done that since I was ten... Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #362 on: October 01, 2012 05:13:18 PM »

Class: Muggle Studies
House: Slytherin
Project: "An Army of Cats"

Description:
My friend is obsessed (I mean 100% no holds barred obsessed) with cats.  Seriously.  It's nearly a sickness. And speaking of sicknesses she is allergic to the cold (breaks out in hives and everything) yet she lives in NH.  This year I am doing my darndest to make everyone's Christmas gifts (at least in part) and so she is getting this Crochet lap blanket in the Cat pattern I gleefully stumbled upon when I discovered Pinterest and Pinkleo's "keep me warm" board. (In answer to the unspoken "Internet stalker" questions: I planned on making this before I saw that Pinkleo was making the same pattern, too!) (I swear!) (I mean, she's really cool and all, but I'm not a copy cat!) (Oh wait, that's a terrible pun.)

Anyhoo, the pic:

I'm going to add a felt ornament of a cat and the book, I Could Pee on This and Other Poems by Cats by Francesco Marciuliano.  (I'm serious, that's a real book, see: http://www.amazon.com/Could-Pee-This-Other-Poems/dp/1452110581)

Thanks for reading!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
chughes225
« Reply #363 on: October 01, 2012 05:14:02 PM »

I am late to the party. I have been super busy so this is my first fall semester post.  I have been loving everyones projects.  They have been so creative.  

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Charms and Cauldron treat challenge
House: Gryffindor
Project Name:tea party cake
Project Page Link (if available): http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=414976.0
Brief Description: I did this cake last week for a Alice in wonderlandish baby shower.  And when she saw it it cheered her and her daughter up right away.  She gave me the colors to work with and the tea party idea and let me run with it.  So the bottom tier is a giant tea cup the middle is a topsy turvy layer and the top is the tea pot.  The cake is also colored to match with a different flavor for each color.  I used kool-aid packets to flavor them strawberry lemon and raspberry blue lemonade.  It tasted like fruity pebbles.  I made the tea pot with rice crispy and covered everything with marshmallow fondant.  This is the link to the recipe and how to that I use. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yj4KGtBaDg it is amazing and yummy. There are little bobbles of fondant on wire coming out from the cake to add whimsy too.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #364 on: October 01, 2012 06:00:33 PM »

@Kit: YAY Vegan Goodness! They look elegant & yummy to me.

@Ant Bee: LOVE!!!  Who can resist that pattern?  It's the cat's meow! Grin  And what a comforting and thoughtful present.  And oh my goodness, that book looks hilarious! Cheesy

@chughes: A-Maz-Ing! Shocked  I bow down to your cake decorating greatness.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012 06:05:20 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #365 on: October 01, 2012 06:07:38 PM »

@Kit, thanks for the vegan cupcake recipe!  I'll have to try them. Cheesy

@Ant Bee, beautiful job on your kitty-ghan!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
indigo_roses
« Reply #366 on: October 01, 2012 06:36:44 PM »

chughes, that cake looks amazing! Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
Kit the Brave
« Reply #367 on: October 01, 2012 07:14:30 PM »

@jennieingram You're welcome! I highly recommend the book. The Key Lime cupcakes are also really yummy - and there are frosting recipes too!

@Ant Bee That afghan is so cool! It makes me wish I could do more than just rows of single crochet.

@chughes Wow!

@whenindoubtsew The baby Converse are amazing! I agree with everyone who is voting for a Doctor Who costume. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sakuracat23

Don't make me get the flying Monkeys!!!

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 01, 2012 11:21:40 PM »

chughes-wow! love that cake!
All the projects on here have been awesome.Im need to post a couple of little projects soon.  but right now Im itching to show everybody an item Im making for the Back to Hogwarts 3 swap...but i cant!...Darn. lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eiseldora
« Reply #369 on: October 02, 2012 12:24:22 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Transfiguration
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Buttons

Brief Description: I've been struggling in Transfiguration class, every time I try to turn beetles into buttons the end up looking like whatever image I have pictured in my head. I decided to use this to my advantage, and I've been conjuring up buttons while watching Harry Potter and Doctor Who
Project Picture:

Also more Cauldron Treats Recipes in Back to Hogwarts Gallery
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012 12:56:45 AM by Eiseldora » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 75 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Photograph with a Point and Shoot Camera
How to use Light to Create Dynamic Images
How to Shoot marketing portraits
How to Photograph a Very Young Baby
How to Photograph a Nine Month Old Baby
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Falafel without Frying
@Home This Weekend: Decorative Bulletin Board
Rain, rain, you don't have to go away...

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...