A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,602
Currently Running With Scissors:
770 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 75
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Fall Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 110885 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

the_essence
« Reply #250 on: September 16, 2012 02:08:45 PM »

wow all the recent projects are so great! Ahahaha Eiseldora I too thoroughly enjoyed your cat modeling that tutu XD

Congrats on witch of the week seeuudee! Your inchie board makes me want to start making inchies Smiley And happy birthday! Cheesy

And madcrafter that is such a thoughtful gesture Smiley I'm sure that will just make her week Smiley

___________________ ___________________ ___________________ ___________________ ___________________ ___________________ _________

Class: Arithmancy
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Boston Cream "Pi" Cupcakes
Project Page Link (if available): --

Brief Description:
One of my best friends and I threw one of my other best friends a surprise birthday party last night. For food I decided to make Boston Cream "Pi" cupcakes  Smiley The cupcakes are a yellow butter cake with a vanilla pudding filling and chocolate ganache topping.

I knew I wanted a lot of pudding inside the cupcakes (mmmm pudding  Grin ), so that it would actually taste like a boston cream pie. I looked at some food blogs and they recommended cutting some of the cupcake out, instead of just filling it from the top with a pastry bag, so I decided to try that. I really liked how much pudding fit into the cupcake this way (perfect amount for me), and the pudding held the cupcake top in place so it didn't fall. The only problem was that when you took a bite into the cupcake sometimes you could see a little gap in between the top of the cupcake and the bottom where the cupcake was cut. Maybe if I had used a thicker frosting instead of just a thin ganache this wouldn't have happened? (I also accidentally made the ganache too liquidy by adding too much cream, oops heh Tongue, so that might've been it too)

Anyways, in case you decide to try it, here are some process pics Smiley

Cut a cone into the cupcake

Fill with nummy pudding Smiley

Shave off the bottom of the cone you just cut out and pop the top back on (sticking it to the filling)

jillybeans, it just so happens that chocolate picks are my favorite way to decorate cupcakes and cakes! Great minds think alike Smiley

Three of the finished cupcakes out of 20 total
(and please excuse that ganache drip, but maybe it can count as 0.14 of a cupcake?! 3.14 cupcakes in the pictures?! ahahaha):
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #251 on: September 16, 2012 05:02:21 PM »

Congrats seeuudee!!

Those shoes are awesome, whenindoubtsew!

Those Boston Cream "Pi" Cupcakes look sooo good, the_essence! I think the drip counts as 0.14 of a cupcake! Bonus points?
___________________ ___________________ ___________________ _____
Class/Challenge/House Pride: Transfiguration
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Tie-Dyed Dino Vest
Project Page Link (if available): N/A
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.)

I think my transfiguration went a little awry. My beetles are buttons, but they are shaped like dinosaurs!! Whoops! Don't think I'll be getting that A after all... Tongue

Project Picture:

Button close up:

___________________ ___________________ ___________________ ____________
Class/Challenge/House Pride: Divination
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Family Portrait in Hands
Project Page Link (if available): N/A
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.)

I embroidered the hand prints of my son, my husband, and myself. I got the idea from Pinterest, but now I'm not sure what to do with the embroidered fabric. Pillow cushion? Wall hanging? I want to do something different. Any ideas?

Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eiseldora
« Reply #252 on: September 16, 2012 07:34:17 PM »

@Eiseldora: Your cat pics alone cheered me up!  And though your pic&link for Flying weren't working for me; I stalked and found your cozy cowl on Ravelry.

Sorry that's what I get for trying to post from my phone.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kit the Brave
« Reply #253 on: September 16, 2012 08:35:11 PM »

Everything is seriously awesome. Eiseldora, your cat is very patient! I have to try those cupcakes soon, the_essence. And Abbeeroad, what an adorable vest! No wonder your little guy looks so happy to be wearing it!

Congratulations, seeuudee!

Dear Headmistress, I am presenting the following update on the progress of my alchemy Owl (minimal). I procured a Muggle dress from the mid-1990s period in sage green. It looks about the same shape as wizard robes. I intended to mark, pin and baste it for altering into the base of my steampunk costume, but then found that I apparently have no pins in the entire house. Also, the cats became seriously freaked out at the emergence of the ironing board (which just goes to show how little they are used to seeing it in its upright state).

On the bright side, I spent 45 minutes cleaning the home office when I couldn't find the pins, so I suppose all is not lost! I will try again tomorrow after a trip to the store. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #254 on: September 17, 2012 11:05:39 AM »

Oh my word those cat photos ! Sheer brilliance. You HAVE to make the kitty a tutu of it's own  Grin

@ Abbeeroad - I love the dino buttons! So cute! Your little feller looks so pleased too.
Re: the handprints, I did a similar project last year with handprints mounted in a cushion, which is good for huggability  Grin so I'd advocate that idea

My weekend's crafting (once again my productivity now that I have an OWL to avoid working on is outstanding!)...

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Transfiguration
Project Name: Button Book-clips
Project Page Link (if available): http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=414387.0
Brief Description:
Lots of bookmarks made from buttons and paperclips (and a little felt to hide the glue). I made about a hundred, they are to go in the attendees goodiebags at the Bookcrossing convention next weekend

------
Class/Challenge/House Pride: Detention September
Project Name: The Journal of River Song
Project Page Link (if available): http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=414392.0
Brief Description: So, this diary has been sitting around looking like this since June
but following my making up of all that glue in detention (I was hoping I might get 'accidentally' stuck to Snape), It now looks like this...

Turn to page 391...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Kit the Brave
« Reply #255 on: September 17, 2012 11:39:55 AM »

noodle-bug, I love River's journal!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: House Unity
House: Hufllepuff
Project: House Unity quotes
Brief Description: (look! I can post a pic! Smiley)

I had some 4" by 4" canvases, and I picked some quotes that I thought represented the qualities of the houses that the Sorting Hat was talking about when it urged the houses to be united. It's tough to see them all in the photo (the gold paint turned out *way* too bright and the ink too dark on Slytherin) but they are:

Gryffindor: It is not the critic who counts... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena... who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly so that his place shall never be with those timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

Hufflepuff: He prayeth best who loveth best all things both great and small.

Ravenclaw: Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery; none but ourselves can free our minds.

Slytherin: As gentle as doves; as wise as serpents.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
seeuudee

Smile!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #256 on: September 17, 2012 11:49:36 AM »

The journal looks great noodle-bug and I love the quotes you have chosen Kit the Brave.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

indigo_roses
« Reply #257 on: September 17, 2012 02:55:38 PM »

I have some OWL progress to report! I went to Lowe's and got supplies to make a niddy noddy...

so that I could measure and skein all of the yarn I had spun so far!

I started with 4 oz of roving, and now have 6 little skeins with a total yardage of ~88 yards. Smiley On to the next bag of roving!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
Melissaurus
« Reply #258 on: September 17, 2012 04:47:25 PM »

Oh my goodness! So many lovely projects so far! I'm in love.

Can I just say, Kit (the brave. Cheesy) your canvases are absolute perfection! You've captured the essence of the houses perfectly.

And the cat tutu photographs, Eiseldora - eek! Cracked me up - those are some powerful charms you're weaving over there! Made a bad day absolutely lovely, just seeing those.

Indigo-roses - That skein of yarn is absolutely beautiful. I have an unnatural obsession with hand-spun yarn...it's so...lovely.

noodle bug - Those book clips are so cute! and so versatile. I love the idea of them! Smiley

Keep inspiring me, all. You're making fantastic work!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the_essence
« Reply #259 on: September 17, 2012 09:55:08 PM »

Abbeeroad what a dapper young man! And I can see why he's so happy in that fine little vest of his! The dinosaurs are too cute Smiley

Oooh as a recent Whovian what a great journal noodle-bug!

Love those quotes Kit! I should add house canvases to my to-make list, your's turned out great!

Indigo-roses I don't even know how one would start hand-spinning yarn and you already have 88 yards! Yayy for OWL progress!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 75 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Why Do People Wear Makeup?
Get Marilyn Monroe’s Winged Eyeliner
SELF Magazine’s 2014 Healthy Beauty Award Winners
How to Apply Blush
The Best Makeup at Sephora
Latest Blog Articles
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...