A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,462
Currently Running With Scissors:
638 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 75
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Fall Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 115618 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #210 on: September 13, 2012 06:22:29 AM »

Love the dishcloth pinkleo. Scented cotton? Is that for real? Maybe I missed the first mention of it. That's pretty awesome. Reducing paper towel use a goal of mine as well. Good luck! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #211 on: September 13, 2012 08:03:57 AM »

Aloe Vera Dishcloth?  What what?  That's awesome!  I didn't know they had yarn like that!  That's flipping awesome!  The hat is great, too!

I have projects to share!  I made these last night AND they count towards some of my classes!  Woot!  OH and both shirts were made under an hour eat, SO they count towards my quick project!  Double WOOT!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Defense Against the Dark Arts
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Snape's Patronus shirt
Project Page Link (if available): http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=414226.0
Brief Description: Fighting off dementors one shirt at a time!  I saw a patronus shirt on pinterest and it immediately called to me.  So, I tweaked the design a bit and made this one for my cousin.  Now she will be able to keep Snape and Lily's love with her and hopefully it will give her a happy enough thought to produce her own patronus.  The shirt was done using freezer paper stencils, fabric paint, and a sponge.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Divination / September Quiddich
Project Name: Claddah Shirt
Project Page Link (if available): http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=414226.0
Brief Description: My best friend is pregnant with her second child.  She has a month left to go.  The claddah will, hopefully, rest on her belly.  That was some guesswork there.  ^_^  The shirt was done using freezer paper stencils, fabric paint, and a sponge.
Project Picture:
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012 10:24:37 AM by jillybeans » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I've moved in May 2013!  Contact me for my new address!
Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #212 on: September 13, 2012 08:57:32 AM »

*Eyes dart warily as she sneaks past scary craft supplies for the OWL quilt*
*wimpers*
*Procrastinates by reading through the last 4 pages of the thread and then goes for snacks to build courage*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #213 on: September 13, 2012 09:11:46 AM »

Awesome shirts, jillybeans! I'm not a Snape/Lilly shipper, but I love the patronus stencil!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

« Reply #214 on: September 13, 2012 11:59:07 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Care of Magical Creatures
Project Name: Ed Ashes
Brief Description: Saw a bottle of Ed's glittery ashes on pinterest a while back and thought it was so funny. Decided I had to make my own vial when I remembered the Niffler challenge.  But when I went through my bottle stash I felt like they were all too small.  A christmas ornament just happened to be on my desk for another project and I thought 'of course!'.  We're having a movie themed Christmas tree this year and thought that would be a hilarious addition.  So added a bunch of silver glitter inside and a tag on the outside and tada, Edward Cullen's ashes.
Project Picture:
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012 12:01:10 PM by patty_o_furniture » THIS ROCKS   Logged

indigo_roses
« Reply #215 on: September 13, 2012 02:30:52 PM »

Love the ornament, patty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
Kit the Brave
« Reply #216 on: September 13, 2012 03:23:34 PM »

jillybeans, I am totally impressed by your mad freezer paper skillz. And patty, I NEED to make that for the teen area at the library!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FiberAlchemist

Wit Beyond Measure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #217 on: September 13, 2012 04:01:55 PM »

I've been roaming around in the dungeons the past week looking at all the lovelies everyone else has been making.  I decided to venture out and turn in a project of my own.  Wink

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Muggle Studies & September Quidditch
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Rice Heating Pad
Brief Description: Since muggles don't have the advantage of using Accio and Wingardium Leviosa to help them complete their daily chores they sometimes pull and strain things along the way.  I made this heating pad out of some leftover flannel, filled it with rice and stitched up the top.  (I think it took about an hour, mostly due to the fact that I kept spilling rice everywhere)  To heat it, you would put into a muggle cooking device called a "microwave" for a couple minutes; but I think it would heat well in an empty cauldron over a fire.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #218 on: September 13, 2012 06:00:29 PM »

Ed's Ashes are HILARIOUS Smiley I may just have to borrow the idea to make a stocking filler for my Twihard friend...

and jenni, I work in theatre too (west end sparky) so I can relate - have fun and drink plenty of water

Filber - great idea on the rice pads

anyway, the first of my excess glue projects is properly dry...

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Alchemy & September Quidditch
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Shoebox draw
Brief Description:
I LOVE the boxes that Irregular Choice shoes come in. I've only ever brought a couple of pairs because they are a bit pricey for me, but I've kept the boxes - for anyone who hasn't seen one, they are like big cardboard drawers with awesome prints. BUT the front of the draw always has big ugly stock control / size info stickers all over it Sad why do they do that? Uck....

I forgot to take a pic before I dismantled - I'd already popped off the little plastic thingy that goes around the hole in the draw, and I took the two laces out of the box top (they come with laces like handles so you can carry the box-draw like a bag), but you see the sticker issue. You also see the cool yellow tissue paper that the shoes came wrapped in? Guess where I'm going with this?
So... I covered the draw pull out with white paper (papier mache style) to stop the original box pattern showing through. Then, once dry, I covered it with the tissue paper. Once that was dry, I put a layer of varnish over it all. And then just reassembled the whole thing Smiley

So.... rubbish to gold Smiley and actual craft time (not dry time) of about 45 mins... if you include reorganising my bedside table to fit it (ie. dumping all the random crude on my bedside table into the new drawer!!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
teaandcraft
« Reply #219 on: September 13, 2012 07:29:30 PM »

Class: Herbology
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Free Hugs!
Brief Description: Inspired by a pin I added to my embroidery board ages ago, I made this cute little cactus hoop. I'm really happy with how it turned out - especially the handwriting! It's a big improvement from my first embroidery ... ^_^ Here's the inspiration link: http://www.craftysheep.net/2012/03/21/cacti-need-love-too/

I've been loving everyone's projects - I think this is the best thread on Craftster! ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teaandcraft.blogspot.com.au
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 75 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Downsample and Save for Print
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Adjust Flesh Tones by Setting the Gray Point
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Set the White Point to Match a Target
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Set the Black Point to Match a Target
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Target Shadows and Highlights
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...