A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,145
Currently Running With Scissors:
418 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 75
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Fall Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 114260 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ant Bee
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #110 on: September 08, 2012 06:15:14 AM »

Happy Weekend, Everybody!

I've started some Herbology homework- I'm taking cuttings from my big Christmas Cactus and grooming them to be gifts for Christmas this year.  I have high hopes for the little buddies.  If they take and look good enough in time I was thinking I might make recycled containers for the planters and those might then count for Alchemy class.  Fingers crossed!

As for my OWL... I'm nervous.  I really want to make a sampler quilt for my sister, and I want to have some pics on the fabric but not sure my printer is up to the challenge.  I wonder if Staples or office max can print onto transfer paper or something... must research.   

... I'm gonna try. *Takes deep breath* Here goes:

OWL PROPOSAL

OWL Subject & Option(if available): Transfiguration OWL Option1 (large amount of supply into one piece)
House: Slytherin
Project Name: "Sisters" Sampler Quilt
Brief Description: I have been plotting a smallish sampler quilt to make for my sister for about 2 years but have chickened out of trying it bc I don't *really* know what I'm doing.  I have the basic understanding (book knowledge) and I was a Girl Scout about a million years ago... but I'm definitely green. I've most of the fabrics that I want to use (another motivator: the fabric bin is overflowing and if there's a show to ever be filmed in my room I sure would rather it be a crafty one than a "hoarders" one!) and I have the cutter and the mat board with the lines on it for guidelines. I even have the batting and the backing fabric that I want to use (most of the fabric is re-purposed from clothes, etc. and some if it was bought new for this quilt project)  I have patches and buttons and little charmy things to add to the craziness of the front (It's to be hung on the wall mostly, though I suppose it could also be a lap warmer).
In short: I have a ton of stuff that I will pull out and look at and  think "Here we go, you're gonna make this thing!" and then I think" Ahhhhh, you know what? I think you need to clean your room first... or do the laundry- oh look! The dog needs to go for a walk, we'll make this thing another day..." and then it all gets put away and for another lame attempt.

Not anymore.

[end of really long confessional proposal.]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #111 on: September 08, 2012 10:14:22 AM »

~*OWL approved Ant Bee*~ 
I'm sending you quilting protection spells and a Draught of Peace for all will be well.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012 01:35:37 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #112 on: September 08, 2012 10:26:41 AM »

Hello dear HPCers! 

I want to send a HUGE THANK YOU to Deputy Headmistress jennieingram for taking care of our students and helping me out this week. And a THANK YOU to all the HPC Staff for helping cheer on their housemates.  You made my absence less worrisome because I knew the HPC was in great hands! Kiss

Also, WELCOME TO HOGWARTS to all the new students!  I am thrilled that you have found your way to the castle, and I cannot wait to see your crafty magic. Cool

And WAY TO GO to all those attempting their OWLs! You can't imagine how excited I am to see y'all tackling this crafty adventure. Grin

I have been away for the past few day dealing with personal family issues, but I am joyful to return to this wonderful thread.  You are so inspiring!  For the next few days I maybe be a little less available than usual, but I shall pop in at least once a day.  Thank you everyone for your understanding. Kiss

« Last Edit: September 08, 2012 01:35:00 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #113 on: September 08, 2012 01:34:11 PM »

Catching up on badges Grin
~*Congratulations the_essence!*~
~*You have earned your Charms Badge!*~

~*Congratulations skatergirl1007!*~
~*You have earned your Study of Ancient Runes Badge!*~

~*Congratulations Naantje!*~
~*You have earned your Arithmancy Badge!*~

To claim your badge, right click and save to your computer.  Then, you can do whatever you wish with it.  Ideas on how to show-off your badges: use it as an avatar, put it in your profile under Brief Bio, or create a pinterest board for all your badges.

~*Congratulations tiamatfire!*~
~*You have earned your Herbology Badge!*~

To claim your badge, just click the image; it will open another window with a larger image, which you can right click and save to your computer.  Then, you can do whatever you wish with it.  Ideas on how to show-off your badges: use it as an avatar, put it in your profile under Brief Bio, or create a pinterest board for all your badges.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #114 on: September 08, 2012 01:41:12 PM »

~*Slytherins, welcome your new Prefect Naantje*~
THIS ROCKS   Logged

spikefan

« Reply #115 on: September 08, 2012 02:19:25 PM »

I haven't had time to do many non-work related crafts lately and after so many craft swaps I'm running out of decorating space for larger crafts. I have gotten into ATCs as a way to do some small and quick projects for myself and others, as well as to improve my drawing skills.  I've decided to do some of my classes/challenges in ATC form, hope that is acceptable. Here are two I've made this week.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Astronomy
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Gemini Monsters ATC
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: I am a Gemini so for Astronomy I made an ATC of Twin Gemini Monsters. I used Sharpies and a white gel pen.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Herbology
Project Name: Mandrake ATC
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: One of my favorite Harry Potter things are Mandrakes so for Herbology I drew a Mandrake ATC. I used pen and Sharpies.
Project Picture:
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012 02:37:44 PM by spikefan » THIS ROCKS   Logged

WhistleFish
« Reply #116 on: September 08, 2012 03:15:25 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Muggle Studies
Project Name: "Snuggle" Studies
Brief Description: I decided that for S.P.E.W. I would make a "Snuggle" (http://www.snugglesproject.org/) for a shelter animal. Since I am still studying magic and the shelter that takes Snuggles is two towns over, my magic can't reach to show the animals my love, so I've made them a Snuggle or two using good old-fashioned Muggle hard work. While I was at it, I made baby Luna her own Snuggle as well as a mini-Snuggle for her to hold in her hands to comfort her while I'm away at work.
Project Picture:

All the Snuggles piled up together. There's a bigger square blanket and mini-Snuggle made out of the pink fabric for Luna, an almost square Snuggle blankie for a Snuggle, and a brown and white crocheted Snuggle which measures about 20x20 in. The opposite site of the pink is a dusky purple flannel.

...and because I can't get enough of her:

Little Luna with her mini-Snuggle made out of the scraps. Smiley I don't know if it comforts her, but it sure made her go a bit crazy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #117 on: September 08, 2012 04:31:36 PM »

~*Congratulations spikefan!*~
~*You have earned your Astronomy & Herbology Badge!*~

~*Congratulations WhistleFish!*~
~*You have earned your Muggle Studies Badge!*~

To claim your badge, right click and save to your computer.  Then, you can do whatever you wish with it.  Ideas on how to show-off your badges: use it as an avatar, put it in your profile under Brief Bio, or create a pinterest board for all your badges. *For this badge, you must click the image; it will open another window with a larger image, which you can right click and save to your computer.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kstaron
« Reply #118 on: September 08, 2012 04:52:55 PM »

Skatergirl & abbeyroad: Hah! She's mine, all mine! The good news is there's still other treadles out there. I've seen two or three in my area within the past couple of years when I wasn't looking for one/had no space/etc.

Kit: Hiya, welcome!

Cleaned the cast iron base with kerosene to get rid of general grime and any light rust. I tested soaking some of the metal bits in vinegar overnight to clean them and it worked up pretty spiffy. So now I have to get up the courage to dismantle all those little bits to soak and clean them.

Researched the veneer issue and looks like I need to find some old veneer wood to match, but worse the black stain, like the dark mark, is an ugly piece of business. Caused by water damage, I'm going to have to strip the top and bleach the black out. Then re-finish the top piece. I was originally hoping to retain the original finish, now I'll have to try and find a decent match to the rest of the piece.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #119 on: September 08, 2012 06:11:05 PM »

~*OWL approved Ant Bee*~ 
I'm sending you quilting protection spells and a Draught of Peace for all will be well.

Thanks!  I'm gearing up and going in!

And Congrats on making Prefect Naantje!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 75 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 3/26
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 22/26
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 16/26
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 2/26
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 23/26
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...