A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 299,173
Currently Running With Scissors:
363 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 75
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Fall Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 124770 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

teag
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #90 on: September 06, 2012 01:27:50 PM »

~*OWL PROPOSAL HEADER*~
OWL Subject: Herbology:
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: All natural Skin care potion kit

Brief Description: I know none of you share this particular problem (chuckle) But as I get older my skin is changing and my old potions and lotions no longer work for me- as an added challenge I have sensitive skin which means commercial products are frequently too harsh for my skin or have undesirable side effects

For my owl I will be researching plants, gathering materials and brewing potions (facial masks, scrubs, face wash, natural astringents, etc-)  I will design attractive packaging suitable for displaying and Write a potions book of all natural skin care- essentially creating an all natural skin care kit that will stand at the ready when they are needed.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012 02:29:18 PM by teag » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eiseldora
« Reply #91 on: September 06, 2012 02:00:07 PM »

Great idea teag. I would love to join you or buy your final product
THIS ROCKS   Logged
skatergirl1007
« Reply #92 on: September 06, 2012 02:38:03 PM »

Cool paper art, skatergirl1007. How are you going to display/use the finished product?

For right now it's just taped to my wall. I may put it in a frame at some point if I find the right size or make one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: September 06, 2012 02:56:45 PM »

kstaron ~ OWL Approved! Wow, what a huge undertaking!  If possible, you should post some progress shots as you transform your antique sewing machine.  It will make an awesome post not only here on the HPC, but also on Craftster itself to see something like that get the TLC it needs to be restored to its former glory.  Shocked

teag ~ OWL Approved! Oooohhh...  That sounds delightful. Roll Eyes My husband and I both have very sensitive skin too. Sad If you find any particularly wonderful recipes, don't hesitate to share them with the group!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Critter10

Losing my sanity one day at a time.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: September 06, 2012 03:17:44 PM »

Haven't actually started crafting on it yet, but I'm tempted to propose my large item for the Back to Hogwarts swap as an OWL project. It'll involve (hopefully) some new techniques as well as advancing some I already know and such
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/Critter10/
Adapt. Improvise. Overcome. Mischief Managed.
~Anyone can accomplish any task with no limits and constant encouragement.
~There is no such thing as trash, only future craft supplies that no one has claimed.
IsikkahJai
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

BAKA LOVE FOREVER! ^.^

« Reply #95 on: September 06, 2012 03:49:10 PM »

As advised...here is my announcement "I'm with Gryffindor!!!!"

Thanks for the advice!!!   Wink Grin

I have a few classes in my mind that I"m thinking about.  HOpe to be posting some of my projects soon!! 

Thanks!!! 
Welcome to Gryffindor ttarsia!! *ROOOAARRRSSS* Your creativity is most welcome here at Hogwarts and we're delighted you'll be joining the Lions  Grin Please ask any one of us for help for anything and make sure to post pictures of your lovely projects so we can cheer on your progress!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eiseldora
« Reply #96 on: September 06, 2012 05:19:16 PM »

~*OWL PROPOSAL HEADER*~
OWL Subject: Herbology:
Project Name: Homemade Spa & Cleaning ebook

Brief Description: Like teag I'd like to do research into using Herbs and other Natural ingredients to clean, relax, and be more green. I'd like to test out different techniques and recipes and then create an e-book that would not only serve as my personal reference, but also a sharable document that can be printed or emailed out to those that would like to use the information.

Topics include:
Homemade Dishwasher Detergent
Homemade Laundry Detergent
Clothing Stain Removal
Natural Face Masks
Sugar Scrub
Homemade Shampoo
Homemade hand Soap

I also want to include information about the beneficial properties of each herb I grow in my garden and other essential oils that are popular.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Naantje
« Reply #97 on: September 07, 2012 04:27:56 AM »

Yes! I've made the first flower for my bouquet and I'm quite pleased with how it came out. I'm thinking that I will have to limit the number of black flowers - not that I was going to put in too many black flowers anyway!Maybe I should also look for variegated yarn to give them a bit more depth, but I'm already loving it Smiley Picture is slightly bigger than real life (at least, on my computer, the flower is 4 cm in diameter.

This rose has a really easy pattern, it takes about 20minutes to crochet. I hope most other flowers will be of the same difficulty level.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
PenguinSoup
Tutorial Contributor

Reject only your ignorance, and you may survive.

« Reply #98 on: September 07, 2012 07:27:37 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Detention with Snape
Project Name: Never Ending Knee Highs
Project Page Link (if available): N/A
Completed: September 3, 2012
Brief Description: My friend Sierra made my wedding jewellery in exchange for some knee high socks. This deal was made in January. I got the yarn she wanted (gradient grey and red) and cast on in the pattern she wanted (straight stst) I finished the first sock after they were due, in June. And I was only finished the foot when this challenge was issued. So I took it upon myself to push myself through the boredom and finish them up. Surprisingly it only took a few days even with me having to undo the bind off and lengthen the first sock by 2". But they're finished! I just need to wash and block them then wrap and ship.
Project Picture:
First sock

Where I was when the challenge was issued:

And Finished!!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012 07:56:20 AM by PenguinSoup » THIS ROCKS   Logged

PenguinSoup
Tutorial Contributor

Reject only your ignorance, and you may survive.

« Reply #99 on: September 07, 2012 07:43:09 AM »

~*OWL PROPOSAL HEADER*~
OWL Subject & Option(if available): Transfiguration option 1: Take a large amount of supply and craft one piece.
Project Name: The Perfect Spin
Brief Description:
I just got my first spinning wheel! She's a Wee Peggy named Vera. This O.W.L. will be the first part of my goal. I plan to spin a worsted weight yarn (either plied or single spun) but it needs to be knitable and not be thick and thin. The second part of my goal which I'll either do another O.W.L. for or as a class assignment is knit my mom a cowl out of it as a thank you for getting me my wheel as an early Christmas gift.

This owl will most likely take me a while as I need to get Vera into working order (she needs a new drive band) and then learn to spin and then perfect my spinning to get even yarn. I have some pretty merino/silk I'm saving for this "perfect spin" and cowl project.

Here's Vera:

And the fibre I plan to use:
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012 07:48:30 AM by PenguinSoup - Reason: Added Pictures » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 75 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Highlight Long Hair
How to Manage Long Hair in the Heat
How to Do a Low Ponytail
How to Wash Long Hair
How to Grow Very Long Hair Faster
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...