A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 299,154
Currently Running With Scissors:
585 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 75
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Fall Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 124651 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2012 06:21:57 AM »

Thank you for the help!  I will enter it in Herbology.
no prob, Herbology it is Grin ....and with that....

~*Congratulations madcrafter!*~
~*You have earned your Herbology Badge!*~

To claim your badge, right click and save to your computer.  Then, you can do whatever you wish with it.  Ideas on how to show-off your badges: use it as an avatar, put it in your profile under Brief Bio, or create a pinterest board for all your badges.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012 01:36:25 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2012 06:36:42 AM »

~*Congratulations sakuracat23!*~
~*You have earned your Detention in the Dungeons Badge for September!*~

To claim your badge, right click and save to your computer.  Then, you can do whatever you wish with it.  Ideas on how to show-off your badges: use it as an avatar, put it in your profile under Brief Bio, or create a pinterest board for all your badges.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
3plyproblem

Is it jumper weather yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2012 08:20:59 AM »

Hi everyone!  Grin
You'll have to excuse my bare-looking account - I've been lurking on this site for over a year now, but when I saw this craftalong I had to sign up so I could join in!
I have an idea for a project for Care Of Magical Creatures that I'll try to do as soon as I can read: when I've made enough Christmas presents to feel comfortable. It's a wirework project, which I've only just started doing (the same goes for jewellery-making in general), so I'll have to learn a few new techniques to complete it. I'm glad I've got this to push me to try it.  Smiley

Everybody's projects look amazing so far. I hope I can make something just as good!

-consultingcorsair.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I got 99 problems and they're all unfinished projects.
pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2012 09:01:06 AM »

Hi everyone!  Grin
You'll have to excuse my bare-looking account - I've been lurking on this site for over a year now, but when I saw this craftalong I had to sign up so I could join in!
I have an idea for a project for Care Of Magical Creatures that I'll try to do as soon as I can read: when I've made enough Christmas presents to feel comfortable. It's a wirework project, which I've only just started doing (the same goes for jewellery-making in general), so I'll have to learn a few new techniques to complete it. I'm glad I've got this to push me to try it.  Smiley

Everybody's projects look amazing so far. I hope I can make something just as good!

-consultingcorsair.
Welcome to Hogwarts consultingcorsair!  I am always happy when someone reveals themselves from under the Invisibility Cloak of Lurkdom.  I can't wait to see what crafty magic skills you have up your sleeves.  Take your time exploring the castle.  And if you ever have any questions, don't hesitate in asking; you can ask by either sending a Personal Message (PM) to me or jennieingram or by posting in this thread.  Our students are very helpful, and we do have many HPC Fall Staff Members always willing to lend a helping hand.  Have fun!

Blessed Be, pinkleo
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012 01:36:44 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

3plyproblem

Is it jumper weather yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: September 04, 2012 09:34:47 AM »

Hi everyone!  Grin

-consultingcorsair.
Welcome to Hogwarts consultingcorsair!  I am always happy when someone reveals themselves from under the Invisibility Cloak of Lurkdom.  I can't wait to see what crafty magic skills you have up your sleeves.  Take your time exploring the castle.  And if you ever have any questions, don't hesitate in asking; you can ask by either sending a Personal Message (PM) to me or jennieingram or by posting in this thread.  Our students are very helpful, and we do have many HPC Fall Staff Members always willing to lend a helping hand.  Have fun!

Blessed Be, pinkleo

Thank you! I'll be sure to ask if I need to. (I'm usually a bit nervous of things like this, but you all seem thoroughly lovely.  Grin)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I got 99 problems and they're all unfinished projects.
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2012 11:15:54 AM »

No way am I missing this semester! First year student jumping in with both feet!

OWL Proposal:

OWL Subject & Option (if available): Alchemy Option 1
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Sunflower Scarf
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques used, materials using, plan of action, expected timeline, etc.)

Hand-dyed scarf (shibori style) with natural made dye from sunflower petals. Our local pumpkin patch has pick-your-own sunflowers, and the petals can be used to make yellow/gold dye!

Resource links:

http://www.pioneerthinking.com/crafts/crafts-basics/naturaldyes.html
http://www.bio.brandeis.edu/fieldbio/Survival/Pages/dyeandmordant.html

Once I make the dye and mordant for my scarf, I will dye it Arashi shibori style:

http://honestlywtf.com/diy/shibori-diy/

And then hopefully wear it for fall!

Sunflower picking will probably occur in mid-October, with natural dye making and then shibori dyeing to occur in weeks/weekends following.

LOL...are first years allowed to take OWLs? I feel like a Hermione-type over-achiever here Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kstaron
« Reply #66 on: September 04, 2012 12:27:04 PM »

I've just read over the letter and am ready to join up for my first year at Hogwarts.

I think I've already got a few ideas simmering for Flying, muggle studies and arithmancy.
Off to diagon alley to get my books!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

teag
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #67 on: September 04, 2012 12:41:38 PM »

I have a question about The Potions Owl Option 1, it states - Show off your ability to work with many ingredients by showcasing 3 different colors/pattern/textures, Could I interpret this as being three different techniques such as macrame, sculpting and sewing- Or Three different materials (ie; ingredients) such as glass, fabric and paper?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: September 04, 2012 01:03:10 PM »

I have a question about The Potions Owl Option 1, it states - Show off your ability to work with many ingredients by showcasing 3 different colors/pattern/textures, Could I interpret this as being three different techniques such as macrame, sculpting and sewing- Or Three different materials (ie; ingredients) such as glass, fabric and paper?

You can definitely interpret it in either way.  Or it could be 3 different colors of the same material (ie, 3 colors of yarn or fabric).  Or 3 different types of stitches in a new knitting pattern.  Or you could do 3 wildly different techniques on 1 project, like sanding down an old coffee table, woodburning a pattern into it, and staining & sealing it. Does that help?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012 01:05:09 PM by jennieingram » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Riechan
« Reply #69 on: September 04, 2012 01:51:46 PM »

omg I love this idea!! I hope I can remember this thread *bookmarked!*
I've always wanted to do a HP swap or craft but never got to it! This should help!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog
My Shop @ fb
Junque journal Along!
50 Projects in 2014!
Anyone interested in a postcard swap? I have too many... PM me! ^^
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 75 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Should Heather McDonald Be the Next Real Housewife?
Interview With Author Christina Shelton
Targets of Revenge by Jeffrey Stephens
Far From the Tree Audiobook by Andrew Solomon
Room No. 10 by Åke Edwardson
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...