A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,600
Currently Running With Scissors:
679 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 75
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Fall Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 109977 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

madcrafter
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2012 03:11:56 PM »

Tranfiguration Class
Transforming Ribbons into a Rose
House:  Hufflepuff
Project Name: Making a Blended Tea Rose
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: What could be better than transforming simple pieces of cloth into one of the most beautiful flowers?  I found the spell in an book of beautiful arcane magic by Helen Gibb.  Though I once practised this spell when I was younger it has been a long time since I have tried such a complicated spell.  It takes about 8 hours of intense study but the reward is great and beautiful magic.
Project Picture:

I hope that this is an acceptable project for the Transfiguration class.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Enjoy crafting today!

Lois the raving crafter

Stop by my blog and say hi!
http://ravingsofamadcrafter.blogspot.com/
tiamatfire
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2012 04:00:50 PM »

That's beautiful madcrafter!  It'd make a wonderful brooch!  Does it have a button built into it somewhere?  It needs one I think to be for transfiguration.

So Daddy-daughter day did in fact yield crafty time! 

Class: Transfiguration
House: Gryffindor
Project name: Berry bow

I made baby girl another headband (poor little bald girl keeps getting called a boy), and I have these great red buttons with strawberries on them.  It turned out pretty cute, but it's a bit tight so I may have to cut the bow off and attach it to a longer elastic.

I also have a sneak peek of my sampler - hello Jemima and Mrs. Tiggywinkle!

They don't have their outline stitch yet though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
Ant Bee
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2012 04:44:11 PM »

Hello everyone!
I'm so impressed with the set up you ladies have created- Amazing!

Tiamatfire, that sampler: wow!

Prof. Pinkleo: Love the colors and the pattern for the wrap, I may have to add that to my "To make" list!

And finally, Thanks to Lightninglisa for takingthe reins in Slytherin.  You rock!

Now I'm off to the library for some planning, by way of Hagrid's for tea of course!

Have a great night, everyone!
Bee
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
sakuracat23

Don't make me get the flying Monkeys!!!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2012 06:59:27 PM »

good evening everyone Im going to share the result of my first detention...like i said called Professor Snape "Mr Snappy" so i was sent off to scrub the couldrons. Then he said that he'd heard i have a massive WIP pile and that i had to finish one as another part of my punishment. So here it is.
Class/Challenge/House Pride: Detention (September)
House:Gryffindor
Project Name:Owl kindle fire cozy
I started this about 3 weeks ago and got it most of the way finished but as with many things in my life i just didnt finish it...I have A.D.H.D really bad (Im not kidding) Anyway i found an owl granny square on Ravelry and a kindle cover then married the two by working the sq then adding rows of Hdc to make it the size of the back of the kindle. to make it hug the device you then decrease...aww heck i'll just add a link to the patterns.lol Im trying to keep this brief.
Back

Front

Isnt he cute...i think i'll call him...Hector! I do think i want to add wings or feet to him that could hold my ear buds...oooh or a little brown pocket that looks like a package!
Links ya'll
Owl square
http://www.justcraftyenough.com/?p=8901
kindle cover
http://ramenneedles.blogspot.com/2012/08/finns-hat-nook-cover.html

THIS ROCKS   Logged

pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2012 07:07:40 PM »

Proposing my OWL:

OWL Subject & Option: Astronomy, Option 3
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Magic Mosaic
Brief Description: The plan is to construct a paper mosaic using magazines, books, postcards, various ephemera to create an image. This may take a while, seeing as how I do not subscribe to magazines and "The Watchtower" ladies are only in the neighbourhood once a month.  Cheesy The paper scraps will be adhered to a canvas, so (if it looks reasonably nice) it can double as wall art. Never attempted this type of art before so I expect it to be a prolonged project, a several weeks for sure.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2012 08:10:17 PM »

Tranfiguration Class
Transforming Ribbons into a Rose
Project Name: Making a Blended Tea Rose
Brief Description: What could be better than transforming simple pieces of cloth into one of the most beautiful flowers?  I found the spell in an book of beautiful arcane magic by Helen Gibb.  Though I once practised this spell when I was younger it has been a long time since I have tried such a complicated spell.  It takes about 8 hours of intense study but the reward is great and beautiful magic.
Project Picture:
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/269504_14Jun12_rose02.jpg

I hope that this is an acceptable project for the Transfiguration class.

Does it have a button built into it somewhere?  It needs one I think to be for transfiguration.

Hi madcrafter!  That is one beautiful piece!  But tiamatfire is right; to complete Transfiguration for the Fall Semester your project must have one button within its design.
---Transfiguration: For the Fall Semester, we shall practice turning beetles into buttons.  Swish your wand like so and tap the beetle lightly; take care to neither stab your beetle with your wand or squash it with your elbow - they are not invincible.  Now that you have a perfect pile of buttons; you must create something that incorporates one or more buttons into its design.
Our class prompts are there to simulate our crafty creativity.

Now, I do believe that your project would fulfill the fall Herbology class.  The prompt is:
---Herbology: Plants are so versatile!  They can be used in potions and cures, like say a Mandrake Restorative Draught to cure those how have been petrified.  It can also be used to guard precious object, for instance Devil's Snare.  Plants can also be part of your crafting adventures!  Craft something with the use of plants, or as the focus of your crafts!

If you would like to submit your gorgeous rose for Herbology, either edit your post or just add a reply in this thread.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2012 08:18:14 PM »

tiamatfire: SO ADORABLE!  And I love your OWL sneak peek.  Adding the outlines is my fave part; it really brings the project alive.

sakuracat23: Love Owl Cozy!  Kiss for the links!  (and let it be known that I suffer from Crafty ADHD, which is why I'm happy to have Detention...I need that kick in the butt to get moving)

pottermouth: This OWL sounds amazing and is truly going to be a labor of love.  If you are looking for some cheap magazines or books, I know my used bookstore and thrift stores sell them for as little as 5cents.  ~*OWL approved*~

THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #57 on: September 03, 2012 08:24:44 PM »

~*Congratulations, tiamatfire!*~
~*You have earned your Transfiguration Badge!*~

To claim your badge, right click and save to your computer.  Then, you can do whatever you wish with it.  Ideas on how to show-off your badges: use it as an avatar, put it in your profile under Brief Bio, or create a pinterest board for all your badges.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012 01:37:17 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

madcrafter
« Reply #58 on: September 03, 2012 08:29:51 PM »

Tranfiguration Class
Transforming Ribbons into a Button Rose
Project Name: Making a Ribbon Button Rose

The button!  I was being a daft bimbo again!  So I went back to my ribbons and made a button rose brooch!  It uses a button for the center and then the last three petals cover it so the button peeks out.  It took only 4 hours and this is again from an arcane spell book by Helen Gibb.

A lot of witches think that this is a difficult spell and requires lots of magical equipment, they are wrong.  Ribbon flowers are sadly just magic from a past era.  First any fabric ribbon can be used.  However muggles use magic ribbon with wire on the edges!  I've actually seen some!  Stay away from that and get some unmagical ribbon.  The real magic is a spell put on the needle.  The needle will take off and sculpt beautiful petals.  Just remember that the number of times you tap the wand is how many petals the needle makes.  Once my Aunt was making flowers with us and couldn't stop sneezing and the air was full of petals!  I recommend this craft to other witches.  Oh, one more hint.  You may want to buy a magic potion call fray check, it comes in small bottles and is inexpensive.  I hope this is an exceptable project for class.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Enjoy crafting today!

Lois the raving crafter

madcrafter
« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2012 09:23:32 PM »

Now, I do believe that your project would fulfill the fall Herbology class.  The prompt is:

---Herbology: Plants are so versatile!  They can be used in potions and cures, like say a Mandrake Restorative Draught to cure those how have been petrified.  It can also be used to guard precious object, for instance Devil's Snare.  Plants can also be part of your crafting adventures!  Craft something with the use of plants, or as the focus of your crafts!

Thank you for the help!  I will enter it in Herbology.

Madcrafter
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Enjoy crafting today!

Lois the raving crafter

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 75 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw a Koala
How to Create Cute Bunny Drawings
How to Draw a Puppy
How to Create a Beautiful Koi Fish Drawing
How to Draw a Lizard
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...