A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 302,549
Currently Running With Scissors:
723 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Fall Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 109735 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

whenindoubtsew
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I do love knitting patterns - Albus Dumbledore

View Profile
« Reply #720 on: November 29, 2012 02:43:10 AM »

Oh My Goodness - I have been away from the craft-along for quite sometime and for some reason had thought the end of the semester was end of December - I'm such a noodle  Undecided Anyway - I am hoping I can carry my OWL over to next semester as I still need to complete it for hubby's Christmas present - is that OK pinkleo and jennieingram?

patty-o - those pieces are gorgeous and I am sure it will rasie lots of money for those brave boys!!

I have quickly skimmed through the last 20 pages  Shocked and as per usual everyone is amazingly talented and awesome - here's to more HP fun next semester  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/winsomelonesome/
http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/7049637-kylie
Black Apple doll - sent
Altered spool swap - sent
Woodland Creatures swap - sent
Dream catcher swap - crafting
3plyproblem

Is it jumper weather yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #721 on: November 29, 2012 04:24:40 PM »

It's just gone midnight here, so technically it's the 30th, but I finished him on the 29th, so I DID IT! My Zombie doll is done! Excuse me whilst I collapse of exhaustion...

Class/Challenge/House Pride: November Detention
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Gallahad Ringo Harry Zombie Doll
Brief Description: A fully poseable wire frame, a mixture of hand and machine stitching (mostly hand), and a ridiculous amount of felt and time. He's sitting in a giftbag waiting to be given to my best friend, whose birthday it is on the last day of the fall semester. I'm so very glad to be finished with this, as it was so much work! He's the most complicated thing, other than a garment, that I've made. I'm very proud of him, too, though he isn't perfect. I just really hope she likes him!
Project Picture:

I still need to catch up on the last couple of pages, but everyone's crafts still look fantastic! So many lovely things I can't point them all out, but @indigo_roses, your yarns looked gorgeous! The knitter in me just wants to grab them from the screen...  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I got 99 problems and they're all unfinished projects.
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #722 on: November 29, 2012 08:27:52 PM »

Oh My Goodness - I have been away from the craft-along for quite sometime and for some reason had thought the end of the semester was end of December - I'm such a noodle  Undecided Anyway - I am hoping I can carry my OWL over to next semester as I still need to complete it for hubby's Christmas present - is that OK pinkleo and jennieingram?
Yes, you can carry over your OWL; all OWLs will be carried over if they have not been completed.  And never fret; I've been away doing my RL stuff, working out last touches on Winter classes (serious homework here), being ill with sinus infection Tongue, and finishing my OWL....amongst other things.  I can't believe what a whirlwind November has been!!!  Okay, off to catch up on posts and work on Winter......I'm excited! Grin

...wait, updating in the morn, my prescription is kicking in making me sleepy and blurry eyed....
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012 08:38:52 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #723 on: November 29, 2012 09:56:07 PM »

holy cow that zombie is amazing!  Shocked Great job!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #724 on: November 30, 2012 05:22:52 AM »

consultingcorsair - He came out amazing!!!! Great work!!!! Love the posing in the pics, he just looks too cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #725 on: November 30, 2012 07:12:29 AM »

Challenge: November Quidditch Challenge
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Craft Kits for Caitlin's Smiles
Brief Description: These are some of the 50 Pony Bead Craft Kits I made for Caitlin's Smiles, a charity that sends care packages to seriously ill children in hospitals.  Each care package contains journals, art supplies, cards, and 2 craft kits, so the children have something to keep them busy and keep their minds off their illnesses.  (I also made a set of 50 Friendship Bracelet Kits, that I haven't had a chance to add the directions to yet.  I guess I'll submit those at another time!)  The Pony Bead Kits each contain the beads, gimp, split ring, and directions to make a pony bead animal keychain.  I made penguins, butterflies, dragonflies, frogs, parrots and smiley faces.  Most of the beads came from a huge tub that a friend gave me.  The gimp & zip top baggies came from Dollar Tree, and the split rings were from Michaels.  I also bought two extra bags of beads in colors I needed more of.  All in all I spent $11 to make 50 kits.  That works out to about .22 cents per kit to brighten a sick child's day!

Project Picture:

Challenge: Geminio Challenge
Project Name: Mrs. Weasley's Magical Soup Mixes
Brief Description:  I try to make as many of my Christmas presents as possible.  This year is no exception.  This is just half of the soup mixes that I made.  (All that could fit in the picture.)  I made a dozen of them total.  Two went to swap partners patty_o_furniture & AugustBell, and the rest will go to friends and family.  The original recipe called for twice the amount of all the ingredients, and that's the way I made them last year, but it just made too much at a single time.  Nearly everyone we know is a family of 2-4 people, and the original mix could serve about 12!  This year I tweaked it a bit to bring it down to a more manageable batch size.   

Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on lists and forget to craft.
Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #726 on: November 30, 2012 08:21:57 AM »

Wow Jennie! Great job! You are seriously going to make some little kiddos smile with those Cheesy.  And soup mixes. Oh my gosh, I love me some soup mixes! I like to make them all the time, too. It's a fun and delicious thing to give. Smiley

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Arithmancy
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: A Little Bit of Magic Ornament
Project Page Link (if available): n/z
Brief Description: I was in the HP Holiday swap and my second partner said that wands were one of her favorite magical items and that she also loved unicorns. I took a clear, circular, glass ornament and put in some sparkles to look like snow. I also added a shank of unicorn tail hair that glows in the dark to give it some cheer in the dark places or when there are no lights. Lastly, I created a very tiny silver birch wand via the paper, paint, and glue method. I added small glue "icecicles" to give it a more winterized look. There were also rhinestones that I glued on to the outside, charms saying hp and a blue ribbon on top. I explained that I knew she was in an area thick with muggles, so she couldn't really give herself away. So, I created something for her to give a little holiday magic that wasn't overly obvious Wink. I hope this fits the requirements!! Cheesy

« Last Edit: November 30, 2012 08:45:47 AM by Audania1 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #727 on: November 30, 2012 12:25:28 PM »

@patty: Your bracelets are very charming. Grin  And a wondrous donation...I am sending blessings to the families.

@FiberAlchemist: I absolutely adore your Geminio Chocolate Sleighs!  So festive, yummy, and perfect ward for Dementor attacks.

@Audania: Your Bouquet and Invitation Ornaments are beautiful and such thoughtful presents!  The Golden Angel Gnome truly looks as if it would take a bite of me, but I just love it...fits so well into our crafty HPverse. Cool  And your A Little Bit of Magic Ornament is divine; being circular definitely fits the prompt.

@consultingcorsair: Your Zombie Doll is AMAZING! Shocked  Just WOW!

@jennie: What a wonderful donation!  I know those kiddos will love your craft kits.  And MMMMmmmm....Mrs. Weasley's Magical Soup Mix....immediately I feel cozy and content.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #728 on: November 30, 2012 12:48:33 PM »

OWL Subject & Option: Transfiguration, Option 1
Project Name: My Very Own Invisibility Cloak
Proposal Post, Sept. 1, 2012
Brief Description: YAY!!! I  finished my Transfiguration OWL!  The pattern I used was the Guadalupe Wrap by Doris Chan. This wrap calls consumed a large amount of yardage, 1726 yards of yarn.  Now for lots of pics....

Project Pictures:

~*my Transfiguration OWL Certificate*~
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012 12:50:17 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #729 on: November 30, 2012 06:22:54 PM »

Though students cannot yet post in the Winter HPC thread, you can go over for a preview of the Winter Class Prompts. Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tips For Full and Voluminous Hair
Twist on French Manicure
Smokey Eye Tutorial
The Monday Makeover - The Fresh Face
How to Do Skeleton Makeup for Halloween
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...