A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,569
Currently Running With Scissors:
610 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 75
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Fall Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 109836 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

teag
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #70 on: September 04, 2012 02:43:11 PM »

Yep That Helps alot Thanks Jennie

You can definitely interpret it in either way.  Or it could be 3 different colors of the same material (ie, 3 colors of yarn or fabric).  Or 3 different types of stitches in a new knitting pattern.  Or you could do 3 wildly different techniques on 1 project, like sanding down an old coffee table, woodburning a pattern into it, and staining & sealing it. Does that help?
[/quote]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

spikefan
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #71 on: September 04, 2012 04:32:47 PM »

I didn't have enough time last semester to participate except for one class, but I am hoping to have time to do a lot more this semester. I've decided that I will start off with an OWL and I have some ideas for a few classes that I am going to work on tonight. Smiley

OWL Subject & Option(if available): Transfiguration: Option 1-Practice your vanishing and conjuring spells by taking a large amount of supply and crafting one piece.
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Movie/TV ATC album
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques used, materials using, plan of action, expected timeline, etc.) I will be using cardstock and markers to make 90+ ATCs of characters from my favorite movies and tvs shows. I will then put them into a decorated binder. I am planning on trying to do 3-5 cards a day and I plan to finish by Sept. 30.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012 04:37:07 PM by spikefan » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #72 on: September 04, 2012 05:43:35 PM »

Evening, everyone,

I hope everyone is getting settled into their Fall routines- it seems like a few of us have been giving Hermione a run for her money in the homework department!  Good for you!

I think I know what I want to try for my OWL, I have just got to figure out if I have everything I need and if I am brave enough to jump into it.  It's a quilt with photos printed onto fabric on some of the blocks.  I would be hand sewing the thing bc I have no machine (and no sewing skills so that's an adventure! haha) and I have been planning it out since 2010. If I do it then I want to finish it for a Christmas gift. (If it doesn't go horrbly wrong.)

So, off to Hagrid's again and then the Library to finish the research for my OWL proposal... if I'm brave!

Have a great night!
Bee
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Eiseldora
« Reply #73 on: September 04, 2012 06:01:30 PM »

OWL Subject & Option(if available):Charm Reparo
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Quilt Repair
Brief Description: I have a quilt that I purchased on my honeymoon. It has been damaged by a dryer and other wear and tear.

I think I need to completely replace the back, which is something I've never done before. For this OWL I'd like to completely repair the quilt.

I asked for advice from other quilters
and posted pictures of the damage.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
the_essence
« Reply #74 on: September 04, 2012 07:27:09 PM »

Class: Charms
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Cheery Cupcake Charms (alliteration woo  Grin)
Project Page Link (if available): --

Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.):
I recently lost one of my favorite pairs of earrings, my cupcake earrings (the very first polymer clay charms I ever made). I figured this would be the perfect time to perfect my cheering charm and cheer myself up a bit by making myself a new pair of earrings exactly like the ones I lost, so I made these charms. I also made two cupcake charms in the flavor one of my friends said she wanted (I sneakily asked her haha), I think I'll add them in to presents when the holidays come around Smiley

I'm a total kid at heart, so I love making and wearing whimsical, silly pieces like these. They bring a smile to my face, and hopefully they'll make my friends smile too!

The ones on the left are for my friend (chocolate cupcake with vanilla frosting and a cherry on top) and the ones on the right are my replacements (vanilla on vanilla with sprinkles in my university alma mater's colors)

I plan on making many more (new techniques to try yay) but I wanted to get this project up so here it is Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

seeuudee

Smile!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: September 04, 2012 10:57:04 PM »

So many great projects already - those cupcakes are so cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #76 on: September 05, 2012 06:40:24 AM »

Very cheery cupcakes!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
indigo_roses
« Reply #77 on: September 05, 2012 11:23:47 AM »

Love the little cupcakes!

spikefan, you've inspired a potential OWL project for me! (my problem now is that I have too little time, and too many Christmas presents to do first!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
tiamatfire
« Reply #78 on: September 05, 2012 02:55:02 PM »

So many OWLs coming up!  I so wish I could sign up for one more...baby girl is going to need a sweater, and while I can knit around her hanging out with me or nursing, I can't cross-stitch that way...I also need to work on her stocking, which is one of those felt kits.  I decorate for Christmas at the beginning of December so it needs to be done by then, lol.

Those cupcakes are soooo cute, they look absolutely delicious!

I've got another little project to add:

Class: Herbology
House: Gryffindor
Name: Instant Mojito

So we were able to have a teeny patio garden this year, and included in the plants were spearmint and orange mint.  I love mojitos (virgin since I'm nursing) and was inspired to make a citrus-mint simple syrup so that I don't need to go through the bother of muddling and such.

Mojito Syrup:

1 c. water
1 c. sugar
small handful of mint leaves
1 key lime (zested then juiced)
1 tbsp lemon juice

Put water and sugar together in a small pot, and heat on medium.  Bruise the mint leaves with your fingers, and add in the lime zest, juice, and lemon juice.  Bring the pot to a boil, then simmer for 5 minutes.  Allow to cool, then strain into a mason jar.  Yields about 1.5 cups.  Chill the syrup, then add to club soda for an instant virgin mojito!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #79 on: September 05, 2012 03:46:31 PM »

Awesome Herbology project, tiamatfire!  Way to use those plants!  Sounds so good and looks so easy to make!  Mmm!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I've moved in May 2013!  Contact me for my new address!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 75 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Find Your Niche as an Artist
The Basic Important Tools for an Artist
How to Set Up an Artist Studio
How to Add Detail to a Drawing
How to Add Texture to Drawings
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...