A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,103
Currently Running With Scissors:
454 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 75
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Fall Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 101829 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

noodle-bug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #620 on: November 08, 2012 05:47:21 PM »

Hi there folks... I just wanted to share a link I found in case anyone else based in the uK was looking for charity crafting projects:
http://www.lovinghands.org.uk/index.htm
this is an umbrella organisation, basically it's a club for charity crafters - they have contacts with lots of different charities and craft for them. There's a list on their site of what they are currently wanting made - it's quite a long list, covering a lot of different craft types and different sorts of charity. You then send what you make to lovinghands (they have discounts set up with some couriers too) or they have group meets at various places across the country so you can go to one and drop your crafts off at one of those if that's convenient, the group leader will organise getting it to the distribution centre.
I've not come across them before but they look like a nice group, and it's a good way to see what lost of different charities need in one go Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Kit the Brave
« Reply #621 on: November 08, 2012 07:50:18 PM »

@noodle-bug, massive congratulations on your first socks! Have you put them on and felt the cushy comfort that is hand-knit socks?

(I was attempting my first socks one night and my dad came over to visit. We had the following conversation:

My dad: What are you making?
Me: Socks.
My dad: *long pause* For a human?)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #622 on: November 09, 2012 02:08:54 AM »

My dad: What are you making?
Me: Socks.
My dad: *long pause* For a human?)

LMAO!  Grin that's brilliant!

They are for my daddy for Christmas, but i did have a sneaky try on (had to check they are human shaped, after all) Wink I might do myself some after christmas crafting is finished
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #623 on: November 09, 2012 07:31:34 AM »

Notes from the Deputy Headmistress...

~*The Geminio Challenge*~

As promised it's time for a new Deputy Headmistress Challenge!  The Geminio Challenge is simple, and as it's name implies it involves *duplicates*.  There are even multiple options for you to choose from!  To complete the challenge you may either:
Create 2 (or more!) identical copies of the same object... or, replicate an existing object with a copy of your own crafting.  Ideas include creating 10 matching friendship bracelets for Christmas presents, whipping up a bunch of jar mixes to keep you fed all winter, or recreating an item you've seen somewhere else and loved.

Now, for the fine print... If you choose to recreate something you've seen somewhere else (here on Craftster, Pinterest, Etsy, etc.) then you MUST provide a link to the original inspiration work AND (this is the most serious) it must NOT BE an item you intend to sell in any way.  Imitation is said to be the sincerest form of flattery, but ripping off the work of other artists and passing it off as your own is just plain wrong.  Recreating a pillow you saw on Etsy as a gift for your mom is absolutely fine, but selling the (copied) work of another crafter is wrong and will not be tolerated in the Craftalong.  

As an added incentive, this challenge CAN be submitted to ONE class as well.  Once you complete this challenge, you may snag your Geminio Challenge Badge AND a George Weasley CFC.  This challenge will run until the end of term (December 1st.)

~*Geminio Challenge Badge*~ & ~*Chocolate Frog Card*~

« Last Edit: November 09, 2012 08:55:45 AM by jennieingram » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on lists and forget to craft.
Naantje
« Reply #624 on: November 09, 2012 08:17:20 AM »

Oeh, I love this challenge! I've got a tea cozy to finish first since it is SO cold here! I need to drink lots of tea to keep my body temperature at and acceptable level (as a true Slytherin, I am as cold-blooded as our sigil-Snake!) so I've always got my teapot on my desk, but the tea is cooling down too quickly. So it's up to the cozy to keep it nice and warm for longer Smiley (Alchemy homework!)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012 08:18:35 AM by Naantje » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
Eiseldora
« Reply #625 on: November 09, 2012 08:14:21 PM »

Challenge: November Quidditch Practice part 2
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name:2 Grey Scarves
Brief Description: These were made for the Make it Better Sandy Craftalong
Project Picture:

« Last Edit: November 09, 2012 08:16:38 PM by Eiseldora » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #626 on: November 10, 2012 07:23:04 AM »

O.W.L. Help/advice?

Hi Craftsters, Hope everyone is doing well out there!

I've a bit of a conundrum with my OWL and was hoping to get some input from anyone who cares to share.  I'm making (in theory!) a quilt for my sister for Christmas which will have pics of us throughout the years printed onto fabric. The only other people who I might include in the pics are her two kids (current ages 8 &10) The center of the quilt is to have a funny pic of the two of us the morning of her wedding where we look pretty silly- we're outside and I'm in PJ's and heels with my hair up and she has her petticoats on under a housecoat and her hair and makeup are all done and she has a glam old school "bad girl" vibe going with a cigg in one hand and blowing smoke cheekily up and away while I look like "The Good Girl" with an innocent face.  The question:  The husband has come up with "I'm not that into you anymore" chatter and the current state has him getting an apartment for a trial "we need a break from each other" period.

Now, he's not in the photo, and him moving out doesn't negate the memory of that day, and they could work it out and move forward together, and this is our mutually declared favorite picture of the two of us together so my gut says "Ahh, go on and use it." but I've never been married so I'm not a good judge.  I don't know what to do.

Anyone who cares to share a thought would be appreciated, I'm hoping to get this project well on it's way this weekend.  I've had a ton of trouble with the pictures, and I really want to use them rather than only fabric swatches. grr, argh.

Thanks so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
FiberAlchemist

Wit Beyond Measure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #627 on: November 10, 2012 08:39:43 AM »

Ant Bee - If it is a picture that both of you love I would say use it.  After I was divorced I kept all the pictures from my album of my friends and family.  My marriage didn't work out but I'm still friends with the people that were there and I love those memories.  Especially the ones of my girls and me getting ready in the morning.

If things between your sister and her husband don't work out, and the pic brings up difficult memories, she may pack up the quilt for a while, until she's healed.  But being as it's a gift from you and that it's a great memory for you two I'm sure she will treasure it. 

That's just my two cents.  I hope it helps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #628 on: November 10, 2012 08:51:12 AM »

FiberAlchemist Oh, thank you, that helps a great deal.  I really appreciate the perspective.  My gut says I think she'd like it as it is so totally our personalities and it is her fave pic of us, too, but not having been married I wasn't sure it was a kind choice to make.

Thanks for weighing in, it really helps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #629 on: November 10, 2012 09:20:29 AM »

@noodle-bug: Way to go on your sock crafting magic!  And Kiss for charity link!

@jennie: YAY New Headmistress Challenge!

@Eiseldora: Fab Sandy Scarves!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 75 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet Candle Lace Covers
How to Crochet Beanie Hat
How to Crochet Cell Phone Protector
How to Crochet an iPhone Purse
How to Use Voile in Sewing Projects
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...