A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 298,754
Currently Running With Scissors:
661 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 75
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Fall Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 122784 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #570 on: October 30, 2012 08:24:45 PM »

~*I've saying blessings to all those affected by the storm.  May you be safe and sound.*~

Kiss for all the WotW wondrous words...y'all make me smile! Grin

@tiamatfire: I'm saying it again....A-DOR-A-BLE!!!  That Care Bear Stare has cheered me. Grin

@Eiseldora: Shocked I'm in awe of your GORGEOUS shawl!!!

@Naantje: Chocolate....PERFECT DADA!!! Cool  And your card is so sweet and certainly created cheer.

@Kit: Adore your floating & glittery pumpkin charms. Grin

@WhistleFish: Cute Wee Pumpkin! A Geminio Spell is definitely in order. Cool

@Abbee: Super Pumpkins! Wink Grin

@patty: Clever Charms Project Cool & too bad about the taste Tongue

@sakuracat: Those mini wands are just fantabulous!  And I adore the little boxes & cabinet.  Such detail! Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #571 on: October 31, 2012 06:15:18 AM »

Challenge: Happy Hogwarts Halloween
House: Gryffindor
Explanation:  These are a variation on the wonderful Peanut Butter Cherrio Bars that pinkleo made for me.  I had a bag of Pumpkin Spice marshmallows, and decided to see if I could turn them into a more pumpkin-y treat.

Pumpkin Spice Cheerio Treat Bars

6 cups Multi-Grain Cheerios
2 Tablespoons butter or margarine
1/3 cup smooth cashew butter (or sun butter, just something mild-flavored to not compete with the pumpkin)
10 ounces Pumpkin Spice marshmallows (found at Aldi)
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. allspice
pinch of cloves, nutmeg & ginger
1 cup chocolate chips

Prep a 913 pan with cooking spray or buttered parchment.

In a pan over medium high heat melt the butter (or margarine) and cashew butter (or sun butter). Add in the pumpkin spice marshmallows and stir until you get a nice gooey mess.

Add the Multi-Grain Cheerios and stir to combine making sure all of the cereal gets coated.

Press into the prepped pan and while the cereal is still warm, sprinkle the chocolate chips on top so they melt slightly.

I'm sorry I haven't gotten a picture of these yet, or even tried them yet!  I'll let you guys know how they are later today!!!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012 06:17:29 AM by jennieingram » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #572 on: October 31, 2012 06:35:49 AM »

Those pumpkin cheerio bars sound amazing, Jennie!

I'm here in NJ, which was hit pretty hard by Sandy. Personally, Irene was rougher on my family, but Sandy has crippled NJ and NYC. My in-law's beach house in Seaside is probably destroyed. We really have no idea, though, as the bridge to get to the island has been closed. We aren't expecting to get down there until the weekend.

In Metuchen, however, we never even lost power. The wind was wild and intense and there are lots of downed trees (we were out with the chainsaw yesterday), but all in all, we fared amazingly well this time around. I know many can't say the same. One of the hardest parts is that we can't even get out to help. Everything is closed and we are pretty much stuck in our houses.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
3plyproblem

Is it jumper weather yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #573 on: October 31, 2012 01:21:02 PM »

@Abbeeroad - Sorry to hear you've been hit by Hurricane Sally. I hope that anyone else in the affected areas is doing alright. It makes me feel rather lucky to live somewhere without such wild weather...

I've got a few projects to put up today, but since it's the spookiest day of the year, I'll start with my pumpkins!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Happy Hogwarts Halloween
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Jack and Jill O-Lanterns
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: This is only our second year carving pumpkins, and my first time doing one all by myself. We didn't have time to make them nerdy, so I drew a Jack-O-Lantern and a ghost named Jill on our pumpkins. My dad carved the Jack-O-Lantern, whilst I did the ghost - we had a particularly thick-skinned pumpkin, so it took a lot of work to get the light to shine through. We put them just outside the porch to let people know we were pro-Halloween (our road isn't very decorated for it), and they've done the trick! For the first time ever, we're running out of sweets to hand out! I love Halloween, so I'm a happy crafter today.
Project Picture: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcrqt2bzWu1ru04bqo1_500.jpg
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcrqqrYkXx1ru04bqo1_500.jpg
And my personal favourite picture: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcrq3a5iBq1ru04bqo1_500.jpg

Class/Challenge/House Pride: House Pride!
Project Name: 'DFTBA' Pennant
Brief Description: This is a Christmas present for a friend of mine, a fellow Ravenclaw and Nerdfighter. I like instilling a little House pride, and "Don't Forget To Be Awesome!" is a pretty good motto for anybody. I really hope she likes it! Both the blue and silver yarns were from a huge stash my aunt bought for me at a car boot (I probably would have done book colours if I'd had any bronze, but hey-ho), and I designed the pattern myself. The tassels were a nightmare, though. Anyone know an easy charm for making your tassels symmetrical?
Project Picture: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcrraktbAT1ru04bqo1_500.jpg
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcrrblhZnE1ru04bqo1_500.jpg

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Cauldron Treat
Project Name: Fish-Custard Cakes
Project Page Link (if available): Not really a project page, but for an emotive and gif-using telling of the dramatic baking incident referenced in the description, you can read here: http://consultingcorsair.tumblr.com/post/34414328925/omfg-i-was-just-trying-to-bake-this-cake-for-mcm
Brief Description: I made these to take to MCM Expo, a comic-con in London, and I handed them out to cosplayers and other hungry people. They're made to look like fishfingers and custard, the staple diet of the Time Lord.  Wink They're Madeira cake (which wasn't made to an awesome original recipe or anything, because I am a novice baker, so I can't tell you anything other than buy a cake mix and put it in the oven - although even that managed to get a little dramatic!)
Once baked, I cut the loaf into 16 fishfinger shapes, which I then covered in hot apricot jam (heated bit-by-bit in the microwave and brushed on quite carefully), and rolled in crushed Frosties. Then, I piped yellow icing (icing sugar, water, and yellow food colouring, in very guesstimated quantities) on the end to give the look of being dipped in custard.
The cakes went down a treat - every single one was given away and, from people's reactions, thoroughly enjoyed. They are yummy, and very sweet because of the apricot jam and icing.
Project Picture: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcko88EeNJ1ru04bqo1_500.jpg

Happy Halloween, everybody!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I got 99 problems and they're all unfinished projects.
seeuudee

Smile!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #574 on: October 31, 2012 01:44:29 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Halloween Challenge & Herbology
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Autumn pumpkin hoopla
Brief Description: I love all the Autumn colours, including the great orange of pumpkins (although I can't stand the taste). I sketched this out on paper first, cut and embroidered all the "bits", embroidered the background and stitched everything in place. Not finished the back yet - not sure if it needs something else or whether I have just looked at it too much!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

3plyproblem

Is it jumper weather yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #575 on: October 31, 2012 02:30:47 PM »

@seeuudee - That hoopla is lovely, expecially all the little leaves.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I got 99 problems and they're all unfinished projects.
Kit the Brave
« Reply #576 on: October 31, 2012 05:19:51 PM »

Abbeeroad, stay safe! I know it's frustrating not to be able to help. I'm sure there will still be lots to do in the days to come, even though everyone wishes it could all be cleaned up sooner!

Consultingcorsair, OMB FISH FINGERS AND CUSTARD! We had a Dr. Who event for teens at my library, and we actually served real fish fingers and custard (which they ate, to my surprise). I am DEFINITELY doing your version next year!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kit the Brave
« Reply #577 on: October 31, 2012 05:46:23 PM »

OWL: Alchemy, option 1
House: Hufflepuff
Project: Steampunk Tinkerbell costume
Description: I started with a long-sleeved, ankle-length dress. I hemmed it shorter and made cap sleeves. I made the wings with green plastic coated wire and sewed white tulle onto it. Then I sewed patterns into the tulle with silver embroidery thread. I crocheted the corset/belt thing and added bronze tulle to it. I made white shoe floofs for my shoes. Smiley

Here's the shoe floofs.

At the library we had Peter Pan, Captain Hook, Tiger Lily, Michael Darling, and a bunch of pirates. Here's a picture of me at the Help Desk, which we decorated like a  pirate ship. You can see the shoulder of the person dressed as Peter Pan, who would probably kill me if I posted her actual picture dressed as Peter Pan. Cheesy

The wings were extremely sturdy, which made me happy. I'm not sure the "steampunk" part came through exactly, and two people called me a butterfly, but it was fun. As a bonus, I really like the modded dress and I can wear it later!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spikefan

« Reply #578 on: October 31, 2012 07:09:07 PM »

I didn't get a chance to do any classes this month and I didn't have time to make any Halloween decor like I wanted to, so I sat down last night and whipped up a couple small crocheted pumpkins.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Happy Hogwarts Halloween
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Crocheted pumpkins
Brief Description: Crocheted pumpkin appliques that I made using this pattern. http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/tiny-pumpkin-applique
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #579 on: October 31, 2012 07:29:47 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: OQ
Project Name: Ministry of Silly Walks
Brief Description: I hope this counts as something silly; Monty Python is certainly silly and DS chose to dress up as John Cleese's character in the Ministry of Silly Walks sketch.  DD2 was a penguin and DD3 followed along as Santa. DD1 went to Florida to check out Wizarding World for Halloween.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: HHH
Project Name: Quicky Pumpkins
Brief Description: Due to me choosing to watch Bleak House instead of carving pumpkins last night, we had to do uber-fast carving this afternoon. We ended up with Oogie Boogie, some ghosts, and a spooky face.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 75 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Make Extreme Liquid Nitrogen Ice Cream
Birthday Cake Ice Cream Cake Recipe
Easy Fruit Crumble Recipe
How to Make a Clafouti
Delicious and Easy Cookie Butter
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...