A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,056
Currently Running With Scissors:
592 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 75
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Fall Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 113704 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

3plyproblem

Is it jumper weather yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #550 on: October 27, 2012 08:02:41 AM »

Once again I've disappeared for a couple of weeks don't tell Snape I've been bunking Potions, will you? and once again I've come back to pages of amazing crafts!  Shocked Genuinely, you guys bowl me over with your talent. I can't wait to see what's still to come!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I got 99 problems and they're all unfinished projects.
tiamatfire
« Reply #551 on: October 27, 2012 03:57:35 PM »

OK prepare for cuteness (if I do say so myself)...

Class: DADA
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Funshine Bear

As all of us who grew up in the 80's know, Care Bears can take on ANY baddies.  Funshine is particularly adept against things like a Lethifold because not only does she have Care Bear Stare power, she's perfectly sunny and lights up a room!

It's made entirely from scratch, and entirely with stash materials, right down to the thread and pattern!  I used an old sleeper pattern for the body, the hat is a free pattern online, and I just made up the belly as I went along.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
Eiseldora
« Reply #552 on: October 28, 2012 03:23:06 AM »

Class: History of Magic
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Shawlette

One of the original Order of the Phoenix members was Dumbledore. One of his favorite colors is Purple. While he normally would wear dress robes, he was once found saying that he is fond of knitting patterns. So in honor of his memory I've used a complicated knitting pattern to make my first shawl. Its purple which I believe is his favorite color. It has taken me all of October to make this project. I"m so happy to be done!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Naantje
« Reply #553 on: October 28, 2012 03:47:05 AM »

That IS cute, tiamatfire! And the get-up looks totally comfortable for such a small baby, which I do think is one of the main requirements for baby dress up clothes.

I was wondering if I should submit this one for Charms or for DADA, but since I've still got a cheering charm in the pipeline, it's DADA for this one:

Class: DADA
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Birthday log of chocolate yums
Brief description:
My fianc turned 26 yesterday, which is a dreaded event and I think it's one of those birthdays dementors feed off. Twenty-six might not sound as such a bad birthday to most people, but over here, it's the birthday where you lose the very last youth discount. Those under 26 can buy 50 train passes with 10 single trips anywhere in Belgium, people of 26 and over pay 76 for the same type of pass. Discount on international train tickets within the Benelux are also gone come your twenty sixth birthday. Society officially thinks you are no longer young!

To ward off those dementors lurking around on these days, I made this brownie rol:

It's no friend for your waistline (ingredients are: 150gr of dark chocolate, 175gr of sugar, 5 eggs, 250ml whipped cream, 25gr nuts, 25gr raisins, icing sugar for the look) but it is seriously delicious and no dementor will be able to get you down. It's also quite effective at beating the celiac-monster for those people that become sick if they eat gluten.

Receipe: (serves 8, or realistically, since you'll want more than one piece, 4 to 6)
150gr dark chocolate
3 tablespoons of water
175 gr caster sugar
5 eggs, separated and at room temperature
25gr chopped raisins
25gr chopped pecans
pinch of salt
250ml of whipped cream (not from an aerosol can, whip it yourself!)
icing sugar

1. Grease a pan of 20x30cm, line with baking paper and grease the baking paper too.
2. Heat the chocolate and the water on low heat. Keep stirring until the chocolate has just melted and let it cool down. (I did this step in the microwave, taking it out every 30 seconds and stirring.)
3. Whisk the sugar and the egg yolks for 2-3 minutes with an electric whisk until a thick and light mixture forms.
4. Stir the cooled down chocolate, raisins and pecons through. (I used walnuts, which was also just fine, and next time I make this, I'll leave out the raisins, I wasn't a fan.)
5. In a sepate bowl, beat the egg whites with the pinch of salt. Work 1 quarter of the egg whites through the chocolatemixture. Next fold in the rest of the egg whites. Work softly and quickly so the mixture remains fluffy.
6. Pour the batter in the pan and bake for 25 minutes in a 180C preheated oven. Let the cake rest for a while, and then cover with a piece of baking powder and a clean, damp dish towel. Let it cool down completely.
7. Turn the cake over on another piece of parchment paper that has been dusted with icing sugar. Remove the old parchment paper.
8. Coat the cake with the whipped cream. Using the parchment paper, roll the cake on the short wide. Cut the sides so they're nice and straight. Put on a nice serving platter and refrigerate until just before you eat it (otherwise the whipped cream will become runny again, and you don't want to get food poisoning!) Dust with a bit of icing sugar just before serving.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #554 on: October 28, 2012 06:41:05 AM »

Note from the Deputy Headmistress....

The new Witch of the Week has been posted!  Be sure to check the Witch of the Week Board to find out who it is!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Summer Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #555 on: October 28, 2012 09:07:07 AM »

That's the cutest Funshine ever!
Eiseldora, I admire anyone who has that kind of patience. That's why I make hats. No patience.
Naantje- mmmm, birthday log of chocolate yums....
and congrats on WotW, pinkleo!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #556 on: October 28, 2012 10:51:28 AM »

That's the cutest Funshine ever!
Eiseldora, I admire anyone who has that kind of patience. That's why I make hats. No patience.
Naantje- mmmm, birthday log of chocolate yums....
and congrats on WotW, pinkleo!

Seriously!  I was in a huge rush this morning while doing WotW, so I didn't get to post other comments.  (I had to go make breakfast for the in-laws.) 

@tiamatfire: Speaking as a child of the 1980's, that little Funshine Bear is adorable!  Oh and the costume is good too. Wink

@Eiseldora: Beautiful job on the shawl!  The yarn selection is stunning!

@Naantje: That cakes delicious..... Mmmm....

And finally @pinkleo: Congratulations my dear!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Summer Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
tiamatfire
« Reply #557 on: October 28, 2012 11:57:38 AM »

Thanks guys!  That shawl is gorgeous Eiseldora, you did a great job of it.

And congratulations Pinkleo, I am so jealous of that jewellery chest!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
Naantje
« Reply #558 on: October 28, 2012 12:43:03 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Charms
House: Slytherin
Project Name: 3D card for my Gran
Brief Description:
My grandmother used to make loads and loads of decoupage 3D cards, which she would send us for our birthdays and Christmas and any other special occasion. She did this for all 6 of her children, all 13 of her grandchildren and most of her great-grandchildren (she has 17 and counting!) as well as, I presume, her brothers and sisters. Unfortunately she suffers from rheumatism in her hands and she can't make these anymore - she's about to turn 92, and I think she had to say stop to these around 88-89. When I found some decoupage sheets on the flea market, I immediately picked them up and decided that it was my time to craft her one of these beautiful cards and send her a sweet note. We don't see each other very often since I moved 200km away 1,5 years ago (we're moving back in February!) and she's always hoping for some news. She doesn't like phone calls though, so I send her the occasional letter, which always cheers her up. I'm hoping this one will put a big smile on her face too, even if my cutting isn't quite as pristine as hers used to be. Not quite patient enough for such level of detail!
Project Picture:

These cards are so hard to capture in a picture!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #559 on: October 28, 2012 05:13:02 PM »

that funshine romper is the cutest Smiley

I'm really pleased with myself today, after a week or so of being really meh and uninspired with my OWL I got crackin' again - I've finished the front and done about a third of the back. It's not hard but it's really time consuming but I really like how it's turning out so far....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 75 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Seashell Crafts
How to Make Stilts Out Of Old Cans
How to Make Silk Flowers
How to Make Your Own Journal
How to Make Your Own Clay
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...