A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 298,698
Currently Running With Scissors:
770 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 75
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Fall Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 122513 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #530 on: October 22, 2012 03:28:44 PM »

Awesome stuff jillybeans!  I love it all.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FiberAlchemist
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Wit Beyond Measure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #531 on: October 22, 2012 05:29:31 PM »

OWL Subject & Option(if available): Potions, Option 1
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Bear Down Quilt
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques used, materials using, plan of action, expected timeline, etc.)  My husband is a huge Chicago Bears fan so I have decided to make him a bears quilt for Christmas.  I've ordered some officially licensed team fabric and will be combining it with solids (orange, navy and white).  I'm planning on designing my own pattern using large, simple blocks to give it a more modern and masculine look.  I will free motion quilt it on my machine, though I haven't chosen a design yet.  I hope to have it completed the week of Thanksgiving.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #532 on: October 23, 2012 04:01:03 PM »

Class: Muggle Studies
Project Name: Sister's Belated Birthday Bunny Slippers
Project Page Link (if available): Happy Hooker Bunny Slippers
Brief Description: These poor slippers were started a month ago and since Sister is visiting tomorrow, I had to quickly finish these! My favourite comforting things are pictured- a good book, fuzzy slippers, and Melmac.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #533 on: October 23, 2012 04:06:45 PM »

omg, pottermouth, those are adorable!!!  I would constantly have them adorning my feet if I had them!  And I would probably have them talk to my husband and be quite annoying while wearing them.  Probably slip in some peewee impersonations, too.  Because I'm cool like that.  I LOVE their little button eyes!  And they look so soft and fuzzy, too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I've moved in May 2013!  Contact me for my new address!
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #534 on: October 24, 2012 09:48:44 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: October Quidditch Field Trip
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Rainbow Scarf
Project Page Link:  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=415931.0

Brief Description: After receiving my wonderful swap package in the mail from pinkleo, I was itching to make something out of the beautiful yarn she sent me.  I spend so much time crafting for other people, that I wanted to be totally selfish and make something just for me out of it.  I also wanted it to be a quick and easy project, for some instant gratification.  Since the yarn was so beautiful on its own, I also wanted a very simple pattern that would let the yarn itself be the star of the show.  When it was done, it reminded me of something you might find in Weesley's Wizard Wheezes.  After all, if they made Invisibility Hats, why not Rainbow Scarves?   Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #535 on: October 24, 2012 06:50:21 PM »

@pottermouth: Fabulous Frightening Fireplace!  And your bunny slippers are A-DOR-ABLE!!

@jillybeans Shocked You have been busy!  I love all your ATCs!  The shell is fantastic!  Lovely bracelets!  And you jam looks so yummy!  Cool psst...do you want your pluot chicken to go for your Cauldron Treat badge?

@jennie: YAY!  You made yourself a treat...and wasted no time doing so!  Adore you Rainbow Scarf; it would definitely be a fab WWW product! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #536 on: October 24, 2012 07:06:14 PM »

Oh, and I also need to do this:

OWL Subject & Option(if available): Study of Ancient Runes: Option 2-Create something that contains 7 or more letters/symbols.
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Game of Thrones House Crest Sweatshirt
Brief Description: This sweatshirt is a commission from a friend's wife who is going to give the item as a Christmas present.  There will be 9 crests in total, made out of felt and applied to a sweatshirt, in a similar fashion of how I made my husband's Star Wars Achievement Badge sweatshirt.  My hubby's friend was drooling over it and talked about it a bunch to his wife and so she contacted me to make him one.  I'm going to start working on it as soon as the materials are here, probably working on a badge here and there on my lunch break.  I'm hoping that it will take me no longer than 3-4 weeks to get all done, though definitely before Christmas!  The badges will be made out of a wool-blend felt.  

OWL Subject & Option(if available): Potions, Option 1
Project Name: Bear Down Quilt
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques used, materials using, plan of action, expected timeline, etc.)  My husband is a huge Chicago Bears fan so I have decided to make him a bears quilt for Christmas.  I've ordered some officially licensed team fabric and will be combining it with solids (orange, navy and white).  I'm planning on designing my own pattern using large, simple blocks to give it a more modern and masculine look.  I will free motion quilt it on my machine, though I haven't chosen a design yet.  I hope to have it completed the week of Thanksgiving.

~*OWLs Approved*~

@jillybeans: I cannot wait to see your Game of Thrones piece.  I LOVE Game of Thrones!!!  Sending you a bottle of Bungbarrel Spiced Mead to keep you warm...because winter is coming. Cool

@FiberAlchemist: What an amazing gift!  Sending you a vial of Baruffio's Brain Elixir to perchance help in your pattern & design making (I know I need all the help I can get when produce my own patterns & designs) Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WhistleFish
« Reply #537 on: October 24, 2012 09:48:56 PM »

Okay, so I've been neglecting posting anything lately so be prepared for quite a bit of projects. If it weren't for Snape threatening me with detention that I don't know if I'd ever turn in my homework. So...here goes:

Class: Charms
House:Gryffindor
Project Name: Happy Camper Hoopla
Brief Description: This was for my "End of Summer Random Swap." I was partnered with stickerchic86 and after some pinterest stalking I noticed a trend...she loved little vintage campers. I'd been having a hoolpa/embroidery craving so I decided I'd make her a hoop. Apparently she was sick and was quite cheered up after receiving this cheerful little camper hoop.
Project Picture:

Class: Defense Against the Dark Arts
Project Name: Wands
Brief Description: Finally made some of those paper/hot glue wands (the SO made two of them, he wanted to join in on the fun). I think they turned out pretty good! Chughes225 was the proud recipient of one of them in the Back to Hogwarts 3 swap. I hope it serves her well when battling dark creatures.
Project Picture:

Class: Potions
Project Name: HP Ornaments
Brief Description: I made Chughes225 a set of ornaments for the "Back to Hogwarts 3" swap. On two of the items (a boggart trunk and some DADA textbooks), I used an aging potion to give them an old appearance even though I had just conjured them up.
Project Picture:

Class: Transfiguration
Project Name: Beetle Booties
Brief Description: Saw a pair of copper beetles scuttling around the house and was able to quickly transfigure them into buttons. Decided they would make a lovely addition to the project I've been making...
Project Picture:

Challenge: October Challenge - Something inspired by WWW or Fred and George
Project Name: WWW Hoopla
Brief Description: I'm not sure if this counts since I think I did it at the end of September mostly, but I finished it in October! I made a WWW hoopla for the "Back to Hogwarts 3" swap.
Project Picture:

Alright.....LAST ONE!
House Pride: Gryffindor!
House:Gryffindor!
Project Name: Crocheted Gryffindor lap blanket
Brief Description: Made a crocheted Gryffindor lap blanket for the "Back to Hogwarts 3" swap. Took much longer than anticipated. Looks like a regular granny square but it's actually a spiral, that way you don't have to keep switching colors, you just work off of both color skeins.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Naantje
« Reply #538 on: October 25, 2012 02:03:30 AM »

We Slytherins might seem to be slacking back, but I hope that the rest of my house is in fact as busy as I am. Unfortunately, I have to spend a lot of time studying (studying for exams when you have a full time job is not fun Sad)  but I've also taken up knitting! I got a free pair of knitting needles in my local craft shop, so I decided to give it a try. I find casting on very easy, and regular rows go smoothly too, but I need to do all kinds of crazy things to do the purl rows... I must be doing something wrong, but I cant figure it out.

(Also, this morning on the train, I was reading an 800 page book while knitting. I got some pretty freaked out looks  Tongue)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
redpopsicles

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #539 on: October 25, 2012 05:10:04 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Herbology & HHH
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Wire Pumpkins for Fall
Project Page Link (if available): I posted these here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=415958.0
Brief Description: I made these wire pumpkins for my partner in the 13 Days of Halloween swap, and she was finally able to open them, so I can post them now!
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Transfiguration
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Black Cat Potholders
Project Page Link (if available): Here is where I posted the project: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=415960.0
Brief Description: I found a couple different beetles on a nature walk recently, and when I transfigured them, they came out as larger red and tiny white buttons. Seeing that it's the Halloween season, what else could I do with them but make them into black cat potholders? So, I turned the beetles into buttons, and the buttons into a couple of black cats!
Project Picture:
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012 05:31:02 AM by redpopsicles » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 75 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Doris Kearns Goodwin: Similarities Between Digital and Industrial Eras
Doris Kearns Goodwin on The Women of the Progressive Era
Sharon Draper: What Are You Reading?
Pulitzer Prize Winner Doris Kearns Goodwin on Christmas Memories
Jessica Lamb-Shapiro: What Are You Reading?
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...