A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 302,544
Currently Running With Scissors:
527 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 75
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Fall Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 109678 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

seeuudee
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Smile!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #300 on: September 23, 2012 01:35:26 PM »

Loving all these projects!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: September Practice
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Table decorations
Project Page Link (if available): -
Brief Description: I held a Mad Hatter's Tea Party last weekend for almost 40 people. I had bought these large playing cards to make some bunting and had some left over, so made up these easy table decorations. The little coiled flowers are decorated with either glitter or beads. They were a quick fix and looked lovely on the table.
Project Picture:

All together -

Close up of flowers
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the_essence
« Reply #301 on: September 23, 2012 01:46:15 PM »

PenguinSoup - love your handspun yarn! The colors came out so well, oooh and does it smell yummy? Cheesy

tiamatfire - congrats on witch of the week! gosh that sweater is adorable and it looks absolutely precious on your daughter Smiley

AllyCatAria - wow what a good idea! I don't watch Firefly but it looks great! Where did you find the base?

indigo_roses - mmm that looks so nummy! And so autumn-y, love Smiley

Eiseldora - my oh my you have been a busy crafter! Not gonna lie I had to look up "snood" but it looks so intricate! great job Smiley

kstaron - love that quilt and pillow! great job!

madcrafter - what a pretty necklace! I love those leaf beads, again, so autumn-y!

lightninglisa - love those skulls! what a great idea for halloween decorations! Smiley

seeuudee - omg I have been wanting to have a mad hatter's tea party for ages, love the card flowers!

Happy Birthday jennieingram!!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #302 on: September 23, 2012 02:15:47 PM »

@seeuudee: it may be the glitter...or my love of cards....or just the idea of a Mad Hatter's Tea Party....either way, I must say I adore your decorations! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teag
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #303 on: September 23, 2012 04:27:47 PM »

Happy Birthday Mistress Jennie!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tiamatfire
« Reply #304 on: September 23, 2012 04:39:00 PM »

Oooh, I'm definitely going to have to think up some good recipes.  Lactose intolerance really sucks though pinkleo - I'm celiac so I have to be gluten free, and I know what it's like having to check ingredients and alter recipes! *EDIT: and Happy Birthday!  I know I missed another birthday upthread so Happy Belated there too!*

Class: Care of Magical Creatures
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: 99 Luftheadbands

OK, so there aren't really 99 headbands, and only two of them are red (and aren't actually included in the picture below) but I sort of went on a headband frenzy!  As you can see by the picture, baby girl looks bald, although it's actually that her hair is see through white blonde like her mommy's used to be.  This means that when she's not wearing pink (or even when she is sometimes) she gets called a boy.  Headbands to the rescue!  I made a button one earlier for transfiguration, but there's definitely a few shinies in this lot!  I'm going to give at least one to my cousin who's expecting a girl in November (and lost her first baby on Hallowe'en last year, so I want to really let her celebrate this little one), and I'm considering opening an etsy shop to sell some.  Not sure yet though.  I might see if any facebook friends are interested, or something.

This one is definitely niffler bait - the elastic is shiny, glittery silver and the bow is a satin grosgrain.

Just some of the rest!  There's more of the silver elastic, and some flowers have rhinestones or pearl buttons in the centre.  I think this might be a sickness...
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012 04:42:40 PM by tiamatfire » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #305 on: September 23, 2012 07:40:47 PM »

Awww, what a wonderful surprise pinkleo!!!  And thank you to everyone for the lovely birthday wishes.  Cheesy  Today has been an awesome day.  I worked the last 14 days in a row, and today was my first day off.  DH & I had a lazy morning, then we went to the Unitarian Church in town***, then went out for sushi.  We came home for cake, and I've spent the last 7 hours on the sofa, crocheting.  It's been blissful!

***Side story, I made this quilt to donate to a silent auction in May, for a woman at church going through her second round of breast cancer.  I was so sick that week, that while the quilt was completed in time, neither DH, nor I, could make it to the church in time for the auction.  Instead they put it up for auction today after the service, with a recommended price of $200 on it.  By the time we left 15 minutes after service, it was up at $600!!!

*Our Deputy Headmistress is lactose intolerant so though not required for the challenge, any dairy-free recipes would be greatly appreciated.

Oooohhhh.... This is true!   Embarrassed  And I would in fact adore if any of you have any dairy-free recipes people have to share!   Cheesy  This has meant venturing into the world of vegan foods as well, since they naturally don't contain dairy.  I also try to avoid simply replacing a bunch dairy ingredients with a bunch of fake ones all in a single recipe, though usually replacing a single ingredient or two works out just fine.  (For example, I tried making a vegan quiche recipe that called for fake eggs, fake cheese, and fake milk...  It turned out awful.  Though most of my vegan adventures have been wonderful!)  ::crosses fingers::
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on lists and forget to craft.
patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

« Reply #306 on: September 23, 2012 08:58:55 PM »

Great challenge!  And Happy Birthday jennieingram!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Naantje
« Reply #307 on: September 24, 2012 12:18:12 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Herbology + Quidditch Practice September
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Preserving herbs
Brief Description:
Fall is coming in very quickly, and my garden is starting to show... What a stressful season for a first-year gardener! I know plants will lose their leaves and that some are meant to wilt away, but it creeps me out to no end. I wanted to preserve the basil and dill that grew out back, and see if I could get some seeds from the blooming dill. I harvested about half of the dill and most of the basil, cut off the flower heads and put them upside down on paper towels in a baking tray, which is now in the attic (I think I might have been to soon, that's why I left half the dill still in the garden, to allow myself a second chance!). I washed my herbs, patted them dry, made a bushel of part of the dill, which is now drying on one of the rafters in the attic, chopped up the rest of the dill (just the leaves!) and used an ice-cube tray to freeze it in shortening to use for baking fish, and I dried the basil in the microwave. That's surprisingly easy! Put a plate in the microwave, paper towel on the plate, basil leaves on the paper towel, and a second paper towel on top. Microwave for a minute, and then for 30 seconds each time until the leaves are dry. Monitor your microwave closely, you don't want to start a fire!
Project Picture:

Dill flower heads. I think they look like fireworks!

Basil, already showing signs of suffering from fall. I picked out the best leaves and tossed the rest.

Dried basil.

The fresh dill, after cutting the flower heads. It's not exactly a practical size to rinse!

Dill-shortening cubes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #308 on: September 24, 2012 10:02:18 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Alchemy & Cauldron Treat Challenge
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name: Dairy-Free Pumpkin Cheesecake (aka Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake)
I whipped this up just a few days ago, and can't resist sharing it here for this awesome challenge!  Since becoming lactose-intolerant I've missed cheese the most, and the occasional slice of cheesecake a close second.  And of course, we're at the time of year when pumpkin-freakin-everything shows up in stores and restaurants.  It can be really hard to be faced with favorite things that you can no longer have.  It's also especially hard when you go to a friend's house and have to ask "What's in this?" about *everything*.  Fortunately, I have some wonderful friends who found this recipe online, and made it for me a few weeks ago.  It was so good I had to make it again.  The recipe comes from fatfreevegan.com, and it is AMAZING!  Even if you are wary of vegan foods, please consider giving this recipe a try.  You won't regret it.

*Picture is stolen from Susan Voisin's amazing blog, because we ate ours too fast to photograph!
Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake
8 ounces Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese (look for the non-hydrogenated version in the yellow container)
12 ounces light firm silken tofu (or extra-firm)
1/2 cup agave nectar (or sugar)
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

1/2 cup pumpkin puree (canned, not pumpkin pie mix)
2 teaspoons rum (optional)
3 tablespoons brown sugar or natural sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon grated fresh nutmeg (please!)

1 pre-made 8-inch graham cracker crust  (Keebler is "accidentally vegan" & perfect for this recipe!)

Preheat the oven to 350F.

Put the first set of ingredients (toffuti through vanilla) in a food processor and puree until completely smooth. It should be silky smoothnot chalky or lumpy.

Remove a heaping cup of this mixture from the processor and spread it in the bottom of the crust.
Add the next set of ingredients (pumpkin through nutmeg) to the ingredients remaining in the food processor and process until well blended. Smooth it carefully over the white layer in the crust, heaping it slightly in the middle.

Bake until the center is almost set, about 50-60 minutes. (Insert a toothpick. If it comes out liquidy and cold, give it more time, until the center is firm.) Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Refrigerate until completely chilled, at least 3 hours. Serve to delighted guests. (Dont tell them its vegan, and they wont know!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on lists and forget to craft.
patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

« Reply #309 on: September 24, 2012 11:09:03 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Arithmancy
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Pi Bracelet
Brief Description: I wanted to use the actual numbers for a craft so thought this would be a fun way.  I used hematite beads to mark out the numbers in the pi equation and cracked marble beads to space them.  The "point" is a small swirled dangle. All on memory wire that forms a circle!
I love being able to be geeky with pi and free spirited with the hematite metaphysical properties at the same time.
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 75 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Artist Creates Famous Images on Morning Breakfast
Affordable Wall Artwork
Artist Hong Yi Explains Her Flower Portraits
Embellished Totes For Earth Day
Repurposing Cans Into Ribbon Covered Vases
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...