A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,651
Currently Running With Scissors:
655 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 75
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Fall Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 111060 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

noodle-bug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #230 on: September 14, 2012 03:48:40 PM »

varifiresis, that book charm is gorgeous. Such a great idea to use leftovers too  Cheesy

I think I have an idea for how I'm gonna finish my OWL blanket... I'm gonna do a crochet border on the edge of the cotton/linen/whatever fabric I end up using back.
Just have to learn to crochet first (the pattern I found the border looks simple. Or simple ish. Or.... well, I'm gonna look for video tutorials)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012 03:51:40 PM by noodle-bug » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Melissaurus
« Reply #231 on: September 14, 2012 07:53:01 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Arithmancy + September Quidditch
House: I choose...GRYFFINDOR
Project Name: Jar Lid Pictures (aka. Easiest art ever), WITH A TUTORIAL IN THE ORIGINAL POST!!
Project Page Link: Click right here

For my arithmancy project, I had a bunch of leftover lids from making a bunch of terrariums out of mason jars (soon to be my herbology project!!) I took some pieces of scrapbooking paper (although I'm sure you could use photographs, letters, fabric or...pretty much anything flat a squishable - I might experiment a bit) and placed them in between the two parts of the lid. They're totally hang-able, and look absolutely gorgeous on a wall. My partner's thinking of making a coaster set out of them...

Clearly, pi rules. If you're interested, there's a tutorial in my original post to make you're own, too. It's pretty simple, but hey: -shooting star- The more you know, right?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

ttarsia
« Reply #232 on: September 14, 2012 08:15:26 PM »

OOooh, love the moonstone necklace ttarsia!  I want one.  And welcome to the craft a long!  Glad to have you here.  Cheesy

Thank you, Thank You, Thank you!!!

I was sooo nervous to post.  I am glad that you liked it!!  The great think...and also not so great thing...is that I can't seem to make the same pattern twice!  I think it's because I never get the same stone. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

« Reply #233 on: September 14, 2012 09:54:16 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Sept Quidditch Practice
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Newborn Bows
Brief Description: Needed a new batch of baby bows, so thought that would be a good project for quidditch practice.  Just made them and made them until I hit the hour mark.  
Project Picture:  

Would you believe my girls don't have one baby doll to be my model?  Yikes!  Guess my wolfie will have to do.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012 10:04:59 PM by patty_o_furniture » THIS ROCKS   Logged

teaandcraft
« Reply #234 on: September 14, 2012 11:56:21 PM »

Great project varifiresis! I think your sister will totally love it! ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teaandcraft.blogspo t.com.au
noodle-bug

« Reply #235 on: September 15, 2012 06:40:07 AM »

They're totally hang-able, and look absolutely gorgeous on a wall. My partner's thinking of making a coaster set out of them...

these are great - and so versatile! You could even do little embroderies and made jar-las (like hooplas... but for jars....)  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
noodle-bug

« Reply #236 on: September 15, 2012 06:47:44 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: House Unity
House: Ra-Ra Ravenclaw
Project Name: Using Excess Glue # 2
Project Page Link:

So, i have one of those ugly plastic storage boxes, I keep kitty food it in. I had to buy it in a rush when said kitty worked out how to get into the cupboard, and I've never had the chance to prettify if or buy something less disgusting looking.
but remember all that excess glue?
I got happy with an old & broken copy of Goblet of Fire*...

Of course it has the Hogwarts crest right in the middle of the lid
Once it was done I put a layer of matte varnish on it. Given how off the cuff the project was, I'm pleased with how it came out, it look at home sat next to the bookshelf in my teeny tiny studio flat Smiley another one to chlak up to craft-along inspiration

*tip: befriend the peopel who work in charity shops for first dibs on anything unsellable - missing pages or torn covers do not inhibit crafting. Or better yet volunteer there!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012 07:03:12 AM by noodle-bug » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #237 on: September 15, 2012 08:53:22 AM »

Happy weekend!  I love everyone's stuff- such variety!

(I just wrote this whole post and then when I went to preview it for errors I lost the whole bloody thing. erg.)

Here's my homework so far:

Class: Herbology
House: Sytherin
Project: Christmas Cactus Cuttings
Description: I am trying my darndest to hand make all or part of the gifts for each person on my Christmas gift list.  Some of the folks will hopefully recieve a plant in a container that I plan to make in Alchemy class. (project to follow once I figure it out.)  I have a large Mama cactus that I have had since she was a sproutling and I have taken the cuttings from her. So far so good, I'm hoping there will be a few that look good enough to gift by the time the holidays roll around.
Pics:

Two are a bit older than the third and are coming along nicely.

This is suposed to be a closeup of a bud at the center of pic to show new growth.  I did rotate it in hosting, but it wants to be horizontal and I'm afraid of losing the post again so I am whistling and looking away...

Also:

Class: Charms
House: Slytherin
Project: Cheery Mitts for Chilly Bits
Decscription: My friend complained that her office is simply too cold for happy and productive performance so I grabbed some Paton's Classic Wool (color: Rosewood) from my stash and whipped* up some (hopefully) stylin' mitts to put her back in the game.

I also worked on a project in detention- an I-cord trivet (i-cord til your eyes bleed then roll and whipstitch together) but the dang thing is domed at the center so I either have to take 'er apart and re-do it, or hope that some warm water and a heavy brick will flatten 'er out.  (Guess which one I'm trying first? haha.)

Thanks for reading!
Have a great day,
A.Bee
(PS- I apologize if any typos preent, but I am not risking losing this bad boy a second time-- I've got crafting to do!)
*And by "Whipped up" I mean each took about 6-8 hours to complete. Still, not bad.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Kit the Brave
« Reply #238 on: September 15, 2012 05:47:07 PM »

Hi, ttarsia! Welcome! I really like the moonstone necklace too.

noodle-bug, good luck on the crochet! I love the kitty food bin - I need to do something crafty to the big tub we use for the same reason. Smiley

patty, I think wolfie should get to keep the cute bow. Smiley

Ant Bee, the mitts are so pretty! Sure to make work brighter.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
madcrafter
« Reply #239 on: September 15, 2012 06:00:03 PM »

Charms, Crystal Necklace, Hufflepuff
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Black and clear crystal necklace
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: First I bought some crystals from Ye Old Magic Mountain of Fire.  They have great owl delivery service!  Then I charmed jewelry making tools to bend silver wire through the crystals.  It only took four hours using the magic tools.  I also put a cheering spell on the necklace because it is going to be a RAK for a waitress who has always been so nice when I go out to eat.  I haven't seen her in a year so it should be a big surprise.  Us Hufflepuffs are famous for cheering people up!
Project Picture:
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012 06:01:35 PM by madcrafter » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Enjoy crafting today!

Lois the raving crafter

Stop by my blog and say hi!
http://ravingsofamadcrafter.blogspot.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 75 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Nina Dobrevs Makeup Must-Haves!
Get a Vintage-Inspired Beauty Look For Prom!
Get Glowing Skin Like Kim Kardashian
Get Bold Brows Like Lucy Hale!
Easy Tribal Nail Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...