A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,127
Currently Running With Scissors:
529 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 41
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Art of Makeup  (Read 63211 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Catgirrrl
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2005 09:10:29 AM »

No, don't let the thread die!  I just found it.  I've recently become a makeup addict.  I don't wear it everyday but love playing around with it and going out all decked out in crazy makeup.  I don't have any images to share really right now.  My last pictures are of what was nicknamed my Replicant makeup, you know like from Bladerunner, but I just have one photo and not sure how to upload it here.

Anyone playing around with rhinestones?  I've heard eyelash glue works and superglue.  The idea of superglue on my skin freaks me out, but does the eyelash glue last? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jMi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2005 12:21:26 PM »

Hey Catgirrrl, I'm right there with you- I love outrageous makeup, and if I had the good makeup I want (like professional grade makeup in all those rich and bright colors) I would go to town on anyone who sat still long enough! Wink However, I never do my own makeup. I would if I had somewhere to go, but I don't so I don't see the importance in spending time on myself. :\

Hope this thread picks up again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://lifeadored.blogspot.com/
Getting back into crafting! Follow along with me on my blog and see what I come up with! Smiley
efitch
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2005 12:33:04 PM »

This was my makeup for a "Disco Vixens" party.  Unfortuntely, the photo does not do the eye makeup justice - lots of glam gold & bronze! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hakue
Creative Chaos

You can't put that on a steak and eat it!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2005 03:13:31 PM »

http://forthedead.net/flowers/tasha/eyes/index.html?/flowers/tasha/eyes/main.html  This link has tons of "goth" makeup ideas.   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Skill without imagination is craftsmanship and gives us many useful objects such as wickerwork picnic baskets. Imagination without skill gives us modern art."
Tom Stoppard  

Horrah for quotes! Cheesy
Catgirrrl
« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2005 04:34:34 PM »

I think I figured out the picture thing.  Here's the last pic I have of my makeup experiment; like efitch, you can't see all the glory of turquoise eyeshadow on the eyes:

Efitch - I like the lip gloss.  Smiley  Too bad no close-up on that glam gold.

Padray - don't worry about the glasses.  Just do something fun.  Does it have to be just black?  What about some purple and red as well?  They can be gothy colors as well.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010 09:03:35 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged
hakue
Creative Chaos

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2005 04:39:41 PM »

Catgirrrl, what lipstick do you have on?  I'm not sure I could pull off something that...red, but I think it looks great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Skill without imagination is craftsmanship and gives us many useful objects such as wickerwork picnic baskets. Imagination without skill gives us modern art."
Tom Stoppard  

Catgirrrl
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2005 04:51:57 PM »

Catgirrrl, what lipstick do you have on?  I'm not sure I could pull off something that...red, but I think it looks great.

It's Maybelline...... in a skinny pink tube so I think it's Very Cherry Wet Shine Fushion but.... it could also be Red Alloy in the Metallics.  I coveted both but I can't remember which I ended up with.  Thanks by the way.  Smiley  Sometimes I'm not sure I can pull it off either but I do it anyway.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bluesparkie

crafter and fashionista

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2005 05:11:47 PM »

Anyone playing around with rhinestones?  I've heard eyelash glue works and superglue.  The idea of superglue on my skin freaks me out, but does the eyelash glue last? 

I've had really good luck with the eyelash glue/rhinestone combination, so long as you let it set up a little bit before you try to stick the rhinestones on!  I'll look for some pictures to post...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/bluesparkie

I'm not a nymphomaniac, I'm a compulsive liar.
hakue
Creative Chaos

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2005 06:33:21 PM »

Thanks for the links!  And I think it's supposed to be mostly black, but I think I could throw in some red or purple... I just didn't want to do raccoon-eyes. Too boring.

Ugh, I hate racoon eyes.  Please show us what you come up with!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tom Stoppard  

owalkerjillo

Ve**ns rule :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2005 09:25:01 PM »

so today my friend jeanne was like, "walker, I really like what you did with your eye make-up today"

I was wearing all of green eyeliner (forest green mind you.. not even one of my crazy cool theatre shades) and brown mascara. just goes to show. when I wear crazy colors I just get nods in my direction. but wear a normal, every day color? oh well. it's still fun Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 41 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Best New Product To Conceal Dark Circles
Sweet DIY Body And Lip Scrub
Perfect Makeup On A First Date
How to Make Natural Lip Stain
Best Ways To Use Glitter Eyeshadow
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...