A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 296,745
Currently Running With Scissors:
495 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 41
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Art of Makeup  (Read 62758 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hakue
Creative Chaos

You can't put that on a steak and eat it!

View Profile
« on: June 29, 2005 10:43:34 AM »

I hope this is the right section to put this in, since it's not exactly a project...  Anyway, I am one of those people who considers makeup to be an art.  I especially love funky, outragous, and bold makeup, though I don't really wear it that often because it doesn't go with my...erm...style I guess you could say.  Since this is an arts and crafts website I thought it would be safe to post this here.  I was thinking it would be cool if people posted pictures of themselves with their coolest makeup on, kind of like on this site http://limecrime.net/ (extras:makeup), or just kind of explained how they like to do their makeup. I guess it doesn't have to be quite as wild as lime crime, but if people could share how their favorite ways to do their makeup I'd appreciate it.  I love seeing the creative things people come up with.    Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Skill without imagination is craftsmanship and gives us many useful objects such as wickerwork picnic baskets. Imagination without skill gives us modern art."
Tom Stoppard  

Horrah for quotes! Cheesy
GreenWhimsy

My hosiery is bunching!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005 11:19:51 AM »

I love experimenting with different colors of make-up, especially eye make-up. I don't play it up everyday but every once in a while I feel in the mood to do something special for school. I'll try to see if I can find some picks...

Oh! Here's one!

The contrast was upped a little bit but the color was still pretty intense. Here I'm wearing a green/blue face paint on my eyes underneath a shimmery blue eyeshadow by Jane. I think it's called "Ghost," or something.

And here's another!

It's not a great picture and I can't zoom in because the original is only saved on my school computer, and it's summer break Tongue. At any rate, you can sort of see that I'm wearing purple mascara, which really shows up nicely in sunlight. Also, I think I wore frosty purple lipstick by Caboodles, that day, but it may have worn off a bit by the time I took this pic.

Okay, well, that seems to be all I have uploaded Undecided... nothing too cool, but that's all I can really share during the summer.

Oh, and thanks for linking Lime Crime. It's awesome Wink!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hakue
Creative Chaos

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2005 01:39:07 PM »

Where did you get purple mascara?!   Shocked  I would love funky colored mascara, as long as it isn't too expensive.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Skill without imagination is craftsmanship and gives us many useful objects such as wickerwork picnic baskets. Imagination without skill gives us modern art."
Tom Stoppard  

GreenWhimsy

My hosiery is bunching!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2005 02:54:00 PM »

Where did you get purple mascara?!   Shocked  I would love funky colored mascara, as long as it isn't too expensive.

I have it in green, as well Wink.

I'm pretty sure that they were both by Caboodles, and for a fair price at Walgreens. I'm sure that the price must have been good because I am very cheap and wouldn't have paid more than a couple of bucks a piece  Roll Eyes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hakue
Creative Chaos

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2005 03:08:11 PM »

I will most definatly keep my eye out for it.  Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tom Stoppard  

*kATiE*
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2005 05:43:02 PM »

this picture is from a while ago, i thought i should post. i don't really wear make up like this is public, i was just bored one late night. enjoy.......yes i know i have abnormally huge pupils.....don't know why. in light they're abnormally tiny. Huh
« Last Edit: July 01, 2005 05:44:51 PM by *kATiE* » THIS ROCKS   Logged

-----"When i die bury me deep, lay my skateboard at me feet, strap a helmet to my head, so i can skateboard when i'm dead"----------"Punk is not dead, it will only be dead when the corperations find a way to water it down, and mass market it"-----
bluesparkie

crafter and fashionista

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2005 08:37:56 PM »

I am totally addicted to makeup.  When I was in college I would wear really bright and colorful makeup every day but now that I'm a working gal and in grad school, I've had to tone it down a bit.  Not to say that I don't still wear bright pink eyeshadow sometimes, it's just not a daily event any more.  I tend to go through phases, there was an extended turquoise cat eye phase and a smokey purple phase as well.  I'm also totally addicted to glitter in any shape or form.
I don't have any pics on my computer since my digital camera's so new but I'll see what I can scrounge up in my apartment because I know that some cute ones exist!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/bluesparkie

I'm not a nymphomaniac, I'm a compulsive liar.
goldfinch
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2005 09:04:27 PM »

Oh man, is this my department! Lol. I am totally addicted to eye makeup, and am constantly buying bright new colours, and do you know how often I wear them? Oh yeah, NEVER! I'm like this uber lazy I don't wear makeup girl usually, but inside lurks this little mardi-gras/showgirl/fruit monster! hehe. There used to be this makeup store in So. Cal. that I'd go to called Skinmarket (yeah, kind of a badly chosen name) and they had the most amazing beautiful sparkly bright colours. I bought tons of their stuff. Then they went out of biz, *pout*. Anyone else been there? Anyway...yeah, I love this thread and am looking forward to seeing more creative stuff! I agree Hakue, makeup is an art. I'll see if I can conjure up any pics.  Oh, and Katie, your eyes look fantastic. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hakue
Creative Chaos

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2005 07:22:52 AM »

Is anybody planning on doing some festive makeup for Independance Day?  I think this will finally be the chance for me to use my blue eyeliner to its full potential.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tom Stoppard  

cutewhenyouscream
cocaine girly.

art school girl baby.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2005 07:26:00 PM »

i did this in less than five minutes.

i always liked make-up. i'm really into fashion make-up, its fun. i don't like wearing alot of it though because than i feel super ugly without it. i get like a dependance on it, as weird as it sounds haha. i hope to see some more cool stuff on here. peace.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

insomniac.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 41 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Lela Rose Backstage Hair Trends - Fall 2009
Akiko Ogawa Backstage Hair Trends - Fall 2009
Georges Chakra Backstage Hair Trends Spring 2011 - NYFW
Gottex Backstage Hair and Makeup Trends Spring 2011 - NYFW
Andy & Debb Backstage Hair Trends - Fall 2009
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...