A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 311,411
Currently Running With Scissors:
522 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 41
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Art of Makeup  (Read 72573 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

humblestumble
Craftster enhances life.

Retro crafty.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2005 09:55:54 PM »

I must try some after I get money...after sewing pattern sales...

That looks like it blends sooo well. I just wish I had a new pair of eyes sometimes though lol, because it's weird...I guess I've had the same pair-of eyes- for so long, that I just put eyeshadow on the same way all the time...even when I try it different...it just seems to be this

light all around, then darker shade on the lid and darkest in the crease...

I need to break this habit lol. I've seen some beautiful makeup, but I guess it might be because my makeup is pretty mundane and nameless lol. It's pre coordinated. rouge/blush and all!
But lemme tell ya. I'm soo inspired.. I want some MAC...yummy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.amschwengler.com

http://craftster.ourtoolbar.com <-- I made a Craftster toolbar for us obsessed Craftster members

"Takes 2 steps to get up and one to fall down."
StarSix
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2005 11:05:50 PM »

I love everyone's makeup here, but I don't think I could ever pull it off, because 1) I'm lacking a steady hand, and 2) I live in a conservative town and work in schools!  But man, I wish I had the talent to apply stuff like that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's not Beethoven, but it sure bounces!

~ The Aristocats
chutes to narrow

i have to push the pram a lot...

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2005 12:03:24 PM »

ok, so i was bored and decided to do this:

<<edited to remove broken images>>

it's sort of a "fairy" look i guess. It's not as good as the ones that i saw on here because i don't do good makeup on myself but i do good makeup on other people. I will post more pics soon, like when i get my orange eyeshadow...anyone know where i could get some for under $20?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2006 01:55:19 PM by sweets4ever » THIS ROCKS   Logged
greenfish
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2005 02:44:44 AM »

mrs_mojo_risin: I stared at your avatar for atleast 5 minutes.. :sigh:.. All of you gals have wonderful makeup ideas.. If I find some pictures I'll post.. I love color, and right now.. I am addicted to orange lipgloss Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
arrmatie
congenital pirate

not the sort of moth you might enjoy in a sandwich

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2005 04:41:40 PM »

Everybody's make up looks great, I wish I had your skills.  One question, though:  how do you make it stay?  Even when I wear just a touch of brown eyeshadow it ends up both smudged under my eyes and caked into the creases of my eyelids in less than an hour.  I swear I don't rub my eyes and my skin's not especially oily; what am I doing wrong?! 

You'd think that in 22 years of being female I'd have figured this out, but no.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Izzy
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2005 05:16:58 AM »

chutes to narrow:

You can get neon orange eyeshadow from Stargazer. I use it wet and it works something beautiful - only trouble is that I live in the UK and Stargazer are a UK based company, so shipping might be a little crazy for you. Their products are suitable for vegans/vegetarians though, so if that's something you're looking for it might be worth the amount you pay for shipping.

If you'd prefer something in the USA, check out the user Shrinkle on eBay - she sells Kryolan (professional stage make up) shadows and other cosmetics at very reasonable prices.

You should definitely be able to find orange shadow somewhere for under $20 - don't feel pressured to pay extortionate amounts of money for make up just because it's a colour you can't find very easily. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tagurity
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2005 06:45:52 AM »

if you guys want the bright, bold look like limecrime, you should probably invest in some kryolan eyeshadows.  you can buy them (and see them in action) here:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZshrinkle

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kati
Melissa_Bumbles

hello my name is melon

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2005 07:43:23 AM »

to get eye makeup to stay, it helps to prep your eyelids.  i like using concealer all over them to even the colour, then using a loose powder on them before i even touch an eyeshadow. 
as for the orange eyeshadow, i can guarantee that MAC has it.  they have everything i have ever loved!  cant wait to get my camera working again so i can post some pics
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Most people are other people.  Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." -- Oscar Wilde
Lostlipgloss
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2005 02:18:32 PM »

Everybody's make up looks great, I wish I had your skills.  One question, though:  how do you make it stay?  Even when I wear just a touch of brown eyeshadow it ends up both smudged under my eyes and caked into the creases of my eyelids in less than an hour.  I swear I don't rub my eyes and my skin's not especially oily; what am I doing wrong?! 

You'd think that in 22 years of being female I'd have figured this out, but no.
Oh blah, don't worry about your age! Usually powder seals, so try getting just a face powder you could dust over it, that usually works. Or get an eyeprimer, something to start with a base. If you spend $$$$$$$$ lots on your makeup, well theres some around $17ish canadian MAC eyelid base. Mac makeup is generally godly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pwntbygirl.
hakue
Creative Chaos

You can't put that on a steak and eat it!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2005 12:51:22 PM »

Today I was playing with eyeliner and some grey eyeshadow, but the pictures I took didn't turn out.   Undecided  Oh well.  I noticed this thread is kind of dying, so this is my attempt to bring it back to life!  Any more makeup pictures, recommendations, or tips?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Skill without imagination is craftsmanship and gives us many useful objects such as wickerwork picnic baskets. Imagination without skill gives us modern art."
Tom Stoppard  

Horrah for quotes! Cheesy
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 41 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet Baby Booties in 20 Minutes Part 12/12
How to Crochet Baby Booties in 20 Minutes Part 11/12
How to Crochet Baby Booties in 20 Minutes Part 2/12
How to Crochet Baby Booties in 20 Minutes Part 3/12
How to Crochet Baby Booties in 20 Minutes Part 10/12
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Zucchini Pineapple Loaf
@Home This Weekend: Upcycled Paint Cans
August 26, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...