A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,222
Currently Running With Scissors:
468 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 41
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Art of Makeup  (Read 63311 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

humblestumble
Craftster enhances life.

Retro crafty.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2005 11:03:34 PM »

Well, I ended up doing something, so here's my Fourth of July make-up! Grin

Sorry for the crappiness! I can only scan the make-up, now, as I don't have a digital camera.

That totally made me laugh, cause at first i thought u smudged ur eyes so we "wont know who u REALLY are" and i was thinking "why did she do that? And then i read that you had to scan your FACE. lol. I used to do that, dont worry. Also, from what I could see the make up is cute.

I love make up art, but im usually too lazy to wear any and also i have a boyfriend so it all comes off, ie: rubbing my face on his chest, kissing-even pecks, or just plain old cuddling. Plus, he usually tells me i dont need it. But I'm sooo in love with MAC. I dont own any, but I LOVE the results I've seen on other people...its just soo out of my price range. I used to do my face up in acrylic paint (like a cat from CATS: the musical- im an artist too so it wasnt really crappy) and go to the coffee store and half price books. People thought I was in a theatre production and that I was like 20 something when i was only 13 lol.

Anyway I dont do that now, but I do try to do make up like the 50s pin up girls with my own style tho. *as u can see in my avatar). I found out a cool trick that my mom's friend taught me was to put on your lipstick and lipgloss, and then add a dash of white eye shadow in the center bottom lip and then press. It adds a really nice touch. I usually end up taking oodles of pictures of me being 50s-ish in the bathroom lol (best lighting) Or outside...in black and white of course! I love taking pictures. I hate not having a model sometimes though lol.

I also find that liquid eyeliner stays on better (well this one brand i use does, until it gets old. I tried another brand but it sucked...) I gotta find out the name.

Anyway, I may post more later maybe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.amschwengler.com

http://craftster.ourtoolbar.com <-- I made a Craftster toolbar for us obsessed Craftster members

"Takes 2 steps to get up and one to fall down."
hakue
Creative Chaos

You can't put that on a steak and eat it!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2005 03:56:38 PM »

Sometimes I find that liquid eyeliner looks cool when you put it on and then splash your face with water.  Alot of it will wash off, but what stays on looks perfect.  I use NYC because it's really cheap.  1 dollar for eyeliner, you can't beat that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Skill without imagination is craftsmanship and gives us many useful objects such as wickerwork picnic baskets. Imagination without skill gives us modern art."
Tom Stoppard  

Horrah for quotes! Cheesy
iloveyou330
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2005 06:00:41 PM »

If you do that won't you get black smudges all over your face?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

From the book Godless:

Just Al: I know that God is real. I feel his presence in my heart
Me: What does it feel like?
Just Al: It's hard to describe Jason. It feels good.
Me: Oh. I thought maybe it was like heartburn or something.
justanyothergurl

Amelie likes cracking creme brulee with a teaspoon

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2005 06:47:41 PM »

What a great thread! Oh gosh I could play with makeup for hours...*sigh* my favorite eyeshadow has got to be Jane's Eye Zings. There are so many great colors (i own at least 6) lol, they're cheap, and very nice pigment and intensity. yay.  I love seeing all of your makeup-creations!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BOYCOTT MTV

Question Assumptions

"the leprechauns are after my stash"
-bearded guy's shirt at the Common Ground Fair
something_wierd
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I like pointy things.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2005 07:26:12 PM »

Oh! My favorite eyeshadows are Jane Hit & Miss  ( Line your eyes with Hit using an eyeliner brush.  Dust on some Miss.  It's kinda subdued, yet I always got compliments on it.)  and this shimmery aqua/green eyeshadow from Sally's Beauty Supply.  It is in a cardboard container.
Mascara:  Jane Hi Fiber Mascara in purple.  I use it every day.  It contrasts well with my greenish/hazel eyes so it is good for a quick fix
Eyeliner: Rimmel Exaggerate.  Black and purple are my standbys.
Lip stuff:  This one kind of lipstick from Jane in Starlet Rose.  Lip gloss from Sephora is the best.  I lost mine, though. *cries*

I'll post some pics after I make my pilgrimage to wal-mart to get a new eyeliner.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Polymer Clay Challenge #2 has a winner, RobbinZombie!  her entry was The Kraken  She will receive a prize from Persephone Rose!
hakue
Creative Chaos

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2005 07:02:20 AM »

If you do that won't you get black smudges all over your face?

Not really, I just wipe those off.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Skill without imagination is craftsmanship and gives us many useful objects such as wickerwork picnic baskets. Imagination without skill gives us modern art."
Tom Stoppard  

Jordanasorous
She's *[revolutionary]* <3

Pssssht

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2005 11:34:43 AM »

I hope this is the right section to put this in, since it's not exactly a project...  Anyway, I am one of those people who considers makeup to be an art.  I especially love funky, outragous, and bold makeup, though I don't really wear it that often because it doesn't go with my...erm...style I guess you could say.  Since this is an arts and crafts website I thought it would be safe to post this here.  I was thinking it would be cool if people posted pictures of themselves with their coolest makeup on, kind of like on this site http://limecrime.net/ (extras:makeup), or just kind of explained how they like to do their makeup. I guess it doesn't have to be quite as wild as lime crime, but if people could share how their favorite ways to do their makeup I'd appreciate it.  I love seeing the creative things people come up with.    Smiley

AHHHH LIMECRIME!!! XENIA = <33333333 i love her.

I always do bold dramatic eye makeup. I should post pictures some day Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RAWR! :]
lemonadelemonade
.Eciwt erehwyreve eb ot tnaw I.

confusion between what we have and what we are...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2005 01:41:05 PM »

I wanna play!!

I hardly ever wear makeup--okay, fine, I never wear makeup.  The last time I wore makeup was when I had to sit through the boring Honor's Day assembly, so I stole my friend's purse and painted my face with her ridiculous lipstick.  Haha, that was a good day.

I just don't wear makeup regularly because I think people in general look much prettier without it.  But when I am bored, it's always fun to do stuff with different colors.
Here's what I came up with today:

Sometimes, when I go to a dance and stuff like that, I'll do something crazy like bright red lipstick and green eyeshadow:

I think green and red are so pretty.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://goknitstuff.blogspot.com/

"You aren't just knitting.  You are assigning a value to human effort."
-Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
littleone1098

Let them eat cake she said

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2005 01:58:13 PM »

lemonade, you look so PURDY! I love this thread, more than life itself.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
hakue
Creative Chaos

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2005 02:59:01 PM »

These are so great!  I'll have to try and come up with something cool to post.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tom Stoppard  

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 41 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
3 Red Carpet Looks for Less
Check Out the Sexiest After-Party Gowns from the Golden Globes
Tips For Shopping Like a Pro
Johnny Wujek Shares His Prom Style Tips
Worst Dressed at 2014 Golden Globes
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Molded Hot Glue
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...