A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,571
Currently Running With Scissors:
609 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Year of Homemade Gifts Craftalong 2012-2013  (Read 18681 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lovesclutter
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Nothing is safe in its native form.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #90 on: December 01, 2012 04:20:24 AM »

Wow, eiseldora you have been busy. I didn't know this thread existed. I'm making all mine as well.

Had to modify after reading the thread. I will join this pledge. I am getting a late start but family knows I never get the gifts there on time.

Sister 1 - Fingerless gloves - in progress
Sister 2 - Pendant from swap with underthemountain DONE
Brother - One bought item and crochet hat
Niece 1 - Rapunzel Scarf
G Niece 1 - Rapunzel Scarf
G Nephew 1 - Hat crocheted
Nephew 1 - Sewn Scarf
Nephew 2 - Sewn Scarf
Mom - Wall Art Quilt (Jesus praying)

Lucky my list is small.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012 05:12:54 AM by lovesclutter - Reason: Realized should not have posted, so joined. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
Painted Sparrow

The Beautiful Ugly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: December 03, 2012 07:35:40 AM »

Ugh, I am so far behind right now. Embarrassed My life has kind of gone down the drain lately, I've really been struggling with myself to be productive.... My hat for my grandpa is mostly done, just a few finishing touches to be done. I have all the supplies for everything except the kids gifts, so I need to start cranking through. Luckily, my mood has been picking up a little bit, so hopefully I will be able to crank out a lot this week....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Teller of Stories, Creator of Worlds, One of the Imagining Ones.
MRDes on FB
bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

« Reply #92 on: December 13, 2012 08:05:35 PM »

Well, I just finished the present for my younger sister. http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=417895.0
Post with a few more pictures here.
 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=417895.0 
As for everyone else-some of it's handmade, but not by me,and some of it's storebought.
Three nieces-Books from the used bookstore, came across some great finds. And an enamel animal pin for each of them from a craft fair I attended. The artist was clearing them out because he'd moved on to making other things, so they were a bargain!
Niece's bday the day after Christmas-a nice copy of the Wizard of Oz from the used bookstore. Think I'll try and make a nice bookmark or something, too.
Three great nephews-All got funny animal hats on sale from Dollar Store. The oldest gets a homemade monster plushie from the same craft fair. There was a nine year old boy who had a booth of monsters he designed and sewed himself!
Work friends-Will be baking, probably biscotti. Have a new stash of treat bags I bought after the holidays last year.
The adults drew names, I and husband got two of my sisters.
Younger sister-the jewelry covered mirror. She's been wanting one so much!
Older sister-a piece of stained glass to hang up and catch the light. It's from the same craft fair, and I got a deal. So, again, handmade but not by me.
Mother in law-Foodstuffs. Fancy stuff bought from where I'm working part time, bought the weeks they were on sale and also using my discount. So, frugal, anyway. Tin of ginger thins, lemon curd, strawberry jam, and shortbread. Yes, I could have tried to make some of that, but I ran out of time what with two jobs for the holidays. And again, it's nicer than I can make for a frugal price.
Dad-Food he likes that I can't make. Mincemeat tarts, fancy liquorice, and some locally made cream pull candy.
Mom-A pretty white cyclamen plant. It's covered in buds, and will still be blooming. I'm making either mini orange cranberry muffins, apple bread, or both. I'm picking up a soft throw for her to use when she's in her recliner-it's not something I can make myself. Unless I get a better idea first!
Husband-we don't do much christmas for each other, just stockings.
Daughter-Stack of books from the used book stores. Movie she's really been wanting, from the same place. The traditional bag of silly socks. Japanese candy from work. An asian inspired mug and the tea she likes. Last year she got some Hiroshigi and Hokusai prints and a frame, and she's broken the frame. I'll look at the thrift store first for a replacement, before I buy new-but only if I can find a nice one. Oil pastels, from local art store's clearance. A new alarm clock. Funky folders and notebooks with skulls and such, bought on after school sale clearance. An old plate with asian style art.
Not sure what else she will be getting yet! I'll make her a bookmark, and maybe a necklace.
So, only a few treats made by me, and the mirror. Some things bought from the thrift stores/used book stores. Some things hand made by other people. And some bought new, but on sale.
It's a far cry from me making all the presents, but it's what I can do this year. At least it's frugal.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy@ craftster
<a href="http://StudioLTD@etsy.com.>StudioLTD"</a>| Coupon code CRAFTSTER for 10%
<a href=https://www.etsy.com/shop/HipsterHive?ref=shop_sugg>HipsterHive</a>|
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd6
butterflyangel
« Reply #93 on: December 15, 2012 04:10:23 PM »

@bookstorebabe wow it's beautiful!! Did it take you forever??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

« Reply #94 on: December 15, 2012 04:18:11 PM »

Surprisingly enough, it didn't! But I worked on it a little at a time whenever I had a moment, so it's hard to say how long it took.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy@ craftster
<a href="http://StudioLTD@etsy.com.>StudioLTD"</a>| Coupon code CRAFTSTER for 10%
<a href=https://www.etsy.com/shop/HipsterHive?ref=shop_sugg>HipsterHive</a>|
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd6
punkyflossy

Call me Katie (:

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 15, 2012 04:37:38 PM »

Wow Bookstore babe! That turned out fantastic, Cheesy Wasn't sure if you would manage to find enough jewellery on time Smiley

Just finished my satchel for my aunt and stencilled my three tshirts

October -
Make handbag for uni friend -  done But then I kept it as I realised it wouldn't be appreciated.
Make Dress for mum - got the fabric

Boyfriend's birthday in December

For Christmas:
Mum - was considering customised mugs, evening handbag, a fabric basket for her remotes
Mum's BF - was considering customised mugs
Dad - two tshirts to be stencilled
Dad's GF
Brother #2

Brother #2's wife - Bought something from etsy Smiley
Brother#3
Brother #3's gf.

Aunty- Asked for a bag the same as I made for my best friend's birthday - seen here http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=413394.0 Just finished!
Uncle - Weeping angels stencilled tshirt Done!
Cousin #1- Darlek stencilled tshirt Done!
Cousin#2- Tardis stencilled tshirt Done!

Friends from school #1 scallopped apron Smiley
#2 - No idea!
Boyfriend.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2012 05:03:34 PM by punkyflossy » THIS ROCKS   Logged

LadybugsAndBumblebees
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 15, 2012 06:06:51 PM »

Yea!  I finished the 34 scarves for my students, made hats for two former students, and a pillow for another.

It took me a long time to find an easy but good looking hat pattern, so I am actually on a hat crocheting kick right now!

Just glad those darn scarves are done ...now to wrap them all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
butterflyangel
« Reply #97 on: December 22, 2012 10:06:50 AM »

So with Christmas right around the corner, I'm sad and ashamed to say that I've made nothing. Between studying for finals and me being sick for two weeks straight I didn't really get enough time to craft anything  Sad

The scarf that I was making for my aunt is still in beginning stages, the hat was made too small and I have to start over, I made no cards for friends, and didn't get to work on the HP gameboard I wanted to make. SUCH A FAIL!!!!

I guess it's store bought gifts, but I don't even know what to buy and REALLY upset that I worked so hard on things and now have nothing to show for
THIS ROCKS   Logged

2Kids2Craft4
« Reply #98 on: December 26, 2012 06:06:17 PM »

I have not been doing a good job of keeping up with this thread.  There is some great stuff here!

So Oct I made my nephews rocket packs for their birthdays.

And for Christmas, I made 2 of my nephews an Angry Bird set.
Blue Bird Bean Bags.

Angry Bird Hats. Black Bird and Yellow Bird.

Pigs and rocks. (Please excuse my beat-up chair)

And the obligatory receiving photo:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
butterflyangel
« Reply #99 on: January 01, 2013 09:44:31 AM »

Happy New Year Everyone !!  Tongue Cheesy Grin Wink

@2Kids2Craft4-love your rocket pack!! What a neat idea  Smiley and all your angry birds gifts are soo cute !
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Lighting Basics
How to Buy a Digital Video Camera
How to Create a Bullet Wound with Makeup
Non-Linear Editing - A Primer
Film Editing Basics and Theory
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...