A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,031
Currently Running With Scissors:
416 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 55
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Butterfly a-long (Rowan 37)  (Read 99157 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

juniperl13
The one with the stripes

you look like lunch to me! ^_^

View Profile WWW
« Reply #200 on: November 09, 2005 01:49:53 AM »

Tomorrow's my birthday! I'm crossing my fingers.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My website is coming together nicely! Please send me feedback, as I don't know how well it works on systems other than mine.

Also, I have a blog at  http://neglectedblog.blogspot.com/
kyou

Pinktank - The Knitters Army

View Profile WWW
« Reply #201 on: November 09, 2005 05:37:43 AM »

My Rowan came in the mail yesterday! Now I am patiently waiting for my HPY to arrive...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinktank.etsy.com - Hat Patterns

Check out my blog and enter my first contest! http://thepinktank.blogspot.com
laurayeo
« Reply #202 on: November 09, 2005 06:13:17 PM »

Tomorrow's my birthday! I'm crossing my fingers.....

I'm probably a bit late but happy birthday Juniperl13!

Ceedah, yours is coming up great!  Smiley eunnyjang, yours look fantastic! I'm trying for the dress version too.
Work got busy and I'm lagging behind terribly. I think I better get started again or it'll wind up on the side for a while... Sad No one is doing it with sports weight or DK weight still?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
juniperl13
The one with the stripes

you look like lunch to me! ^_^

View Profile WWW
« Reply #203 on: November 09, 2005 08:11:21 PM »

GOD! I so want to make this!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My website is coming together nicely! Please send me feedback, as I don't know how well it works on systems other than mine.

Also, I have a blog at  http://neglectedblog.blogspot.com/
meco

Agent Provocateur

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 10, 2005 06:21:48 PM »

me too! I gotta find a way  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ceedah
« Reply #205 on: November 11, 2005 11:23:20 AM »

I apologize for being annoying about this, but I am really, really clueless about what is going on with my Butterfly.  Sad  I undid the second repeat on the body and did it again, meticulously, along with a third repeat, but I have the exact same problem!  Here is what's hopefully a better picture than the last one:

I'm wracking my brains to try to think what's going wrong.  The only spot where things didn't *quite* work out the way they seemed like they should have was at the end of the fifth row.  The only reason I had enough stitches to complete the fifth row was because I had the extra two from my selvedge.  Otherwise, I would have run out.  I didn't worry about this too much because the extra (and missing, after row 5) stitches end up getting added back in at the end of row 7.

I'm thinking...how many stitches am I supposed to have at the end of every row?  Is this somehow causing my problem?  I'm doing the extra-small, so I have 87 stitches at the beginning (not counting selvedge).  This means I do 14 iterations of the six-stitch repeat every row, followed by one additional half an iteration.  Since the first row starts (and therefore ends) with a (yfwd, k1, fwd), this means at the end of the row I should have 89 stitches.  Right?  End of 3rd row, it should be the same number.  End of 5th row, I should have two fewer stitches since it ends with (K2tog tbl, K1, K2tog) - that would mean back to 87.  Yet for some reason, I find myself with 85 at this point.  How?  (I'm totally thinking out loud right now, if you can't tell...sorry...)  It must be something in the 3rd row!  But what?  I *think* I'm doing the dec2 correctly - it's the same as in the frill, right?  I always end up with 6 stitches in between the markers, so I'm very lost.  Ack, ack, ack.  Any advice?  I'm not inclined to just undo and redo it again unless I actually have a plan for something to do differently, now that I know it's not just lack of attention and care like I thought it was...
« Last Edit: November 11, 2005 05:36:22 PM by ceedah » THIS ROCKS   Logged

veronique
« Reply #206 on: November 12, 2005 10:21:17 AM »

Ceedah: every single row has the SAME # of st. 
I think you should omit the first and last yo (as it is not accompanied by a dec and would change your st count). 
I usually count my st on the WS (purled) rows.  It seems that you have staggered the pattern. 
I also had that problem, the double dec were not aligned with the diamonds, and I emailed Rowan.  They replied, and I posted their reply on this thread.  Since my last post did not answer your questions, maybe the answer from Rowan would be more clear? 
Hope this helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ceedah
« Reply #207 on: November 13, 2005 04:05:40 AM »

Okay, ack, I should've read back more carefully!  I'd seen all of that about omitting the beginning yfwds, but I thought it had to do with when it was time for the decreases in the main part of the dress!  I think I get it now, and I'll give that a try.  Thanks so much.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kyou

Pinktank - The Knitters Army

View Profile WWW
« Reply #208 on: November 13, 2005 10:20:01 AM »

It's here! Grin

I hope to start the bottom today. Next weekend I'll be going on a long roadtrip, perfect time to get lots of knitting done. Until then, not much will be finished on it. I'm going to make the dress version out of the blue. I ordered the pink just because it looked so pretty, but I have no plans for it yet. The yarns are from HPY.com in the colors thistle and barbie.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinktank.etsy.com - Hat Patterns

Check out my blog and enter my first contest! http://thepinktank.blogspot.com
laurayeo
« Reply #209 on: November 14, 2005 11:13:57 PM »

Hi girls,

I'm posting my progress so that I'll start pushing myself to get a move on.

I have 4 more repeats before I can start on the body. Sports weight yarn, knitting in the round. The color of the fabric under Butterfly is the one I'm intending to use to make a shift dress for under Butterfly, it's a chocolately wine color as best I can describe it.  Grin

*Opps sorry, I clicked Reply at the Butterfly Knitalong, not sure why it came out as a  new Topic. Just PM melidomi to help move it back.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011 01:35:24 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 55 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Grocery Store Glam: Make Your Own Shaving Cream
New York Fashion Week 2013: Crafting Runway Hair
How to Add Volume to Your Hair with a Volumizing Catalyst
Alexander Wang Reinvents the Ponytail for Spring 2013
Hair Stylist For a Day at Altuzarra Spring 2013
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...