A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,138
Currently Running With Scissors:
625 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 55
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Butterfly a-long (Rowan 37)  (Read 99298 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

veronique
« Reply #70 on: July 22, 2005 08:19:18 AM »

Well girls, I'm done!   Grin 
OK, actually, I just have to do the trim.  And picot bind offs can take forever...  But I blocked it and since it was a little big (why did I make size 36?!), I just didn't stretch the lace too much.  Oh, and I took one little shortcut.  Once I did the neckline shaping for the front (the 2 "triangles") I was too lazy to do it on the back, so I simply bound off.  So it looks more like a tank top now:  the back ends in a straight line, and the front has 2 triangles.  Also, I'm not sure why the straps are 3 st in garter st intead of i-cord, but I followed their advice. 

HopeC:  I saw a pic of your Falkenberg kit on your blog!  But in green/turquoise not in red.  I guess it's your blogging partner who's making it in the other color.
Buki:  I think it's this knit-along that made me knit faster, not knitting in the round! 
Pics soon! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
buki
« Reply #71 on: July 22, 2005 08:46:00 AM »

spiffy! i can see the variegated oranges Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ShaSha
« Reply #72 on: July 22, 2005 02:56:11 PM »

Oh, why did I come to this knit-along....now I am interested in the Mermaid as well. Geeez!!  Wink I am blaming Hope C. for it. Gonna hunt you down......(and follow you around with my credit card from yarn store to yarn store).
  Veronique!! Gorgeous! I, too, want a pic of it on you. Way to go. I hope it goes to the partaaay!
  Kerry Berry, about that tongue...heh No, just kidding. I do like the orange, too. What is it?? I think I did drop some stitches in the frill at first, but also found that the wine heals all....
   I just finished the front of my camisole. Now for a little encore....It is a little shorter than the pic, but I have a silk top in mind, and it should work well over that. (fingers crossed) I have...uh...*womanly* hips and I just hope to God it doesn't accentuate them.   
 Grin   
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kerry Berry
« Reply #73 on: July 22, 2005 03:02:44 PM »

Mine's Cinnabar from handpaintedyarns.com.  I really liked the way Buki's looked with all the color variation, so I decided to copy her yarn choice.  Orange really isn't my color at all, but I can make it work since I'll be wearing it over something.  I decided to make the camisole, since delay of gratification can be difficult for me.  I want to finish this as soon as I can.  I still haven't gone back and fixed those dropped stitches though...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ShaSha
« Reply #74 on: July 22, 2005 06:44:35 PM »

One front...coming up!  Picture posted on the blog. Grin
   Hopec  the Poetry In Stitches in line is the orange pullover on pg. 140 with the flowers in a lighter peach. Oh! do I love her designs!

http://www.unraveledagain.blogspot.com
« Last Edit: July 22, 2005 06:47:09 PM by ShaSha » THIS ROCKS   Logged
eilene
« Reply #75 on: July 24, 2005 08:19:42 AM »

I am at the neck shaping of the back & it is so pretty so far. When I look at Butterfly, I can't even believe I knit this...it is that pretty of a pattern!! I ordered some beads & am thinking of putting them on the body of the front. The hem is already finished, so it will be just on the body. I have never used beads so I'm not sure how to put them on the yarn just yet. I will figure it out when the time comes. I am going to post  a photo on my blog tomorrow if you would like to check it out.

ShaSha...your Butterfly front or back looks fabulous!

Veronique...I can't wait to see pictures of yours!

This is one exciting knit!!!
Have a great day!  Smiley
Eilene
http://eiknit.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Raw Dreams~
veronique
« Reply #76 on: July 26, 2005 09:19:46 AM »

Here is my finished Butterfly!  As you can see, it turned out longer than in the Rowan picture - it's a little past my knees.  But that might be because when I blocked it, I stretched it length-wise not width-wise as I made a size too big for me... 

This knit-along has been very inspiring, and motivated me to knit on!  I can't wait to see everybody's progress. 

By the way, I got a reply from Rowan:

Dear Veronique,

Thank you for your query regarding 'Butterfly' from 'Magazine 37'. Please accept my apologies for the delay in replying to you.
I have checked the graph for the vest in the magazine and there are 71 sts at the pick up lower edge. I feel that the extra st you have casted on is the reason why your pattern is going astray at the double decrease as there are no errors in the chart. When working in lace patterns we would always suggest that you do not work the yo's at the beg of your row and instead just work in st-st therefore for your size the first few rows should be worked (not including the beads that are randomly placed:
Row 1 -   * K2tog, yo, k1, yo, k2togtbl, k1, rep from  * to last 5 sts, k2tog, yo, k1, yo, k2tog tbl. (71 sts - 5 = 66 sts (patt rep of 6 sts worked 11 times)
Row 3 -  K1, * k3, yo, dec 2, yo, rep from * to last 4 sts, k3, k1. 71 sts - 5 sts = 66 sts (patt rep of 6 sts worked 11 times).

For your size the width at the bottom will be 42cm, waist will be 33cm and 37cm below your armhole.

I hope this information is of use to you and wish you well with your knitting, however, if you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

Rowan Yarns
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cathou

se roule un mouton

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 26, 2005 09:29:50 AM »

That looks amazing  Shocked Thumbs up to you Veronique
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<("<) <( " )> (>")>
HopeC
« Reply #78 on: July 26, 2005 09:34:05 AM »

Absolutely STUNNING Veronique!  You have inspired me.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
eilene
« Reply #79 on: July 26, 2005 09:47:31 AM »

WOW...Veronique! Absolutely amazing! I LOVE it! Wink

Was it hard to do the Picot edge?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Raw Dreams~
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 55 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Actor John Challis Recounts Being Boycie at Althorp Literary Festival
John Lanchester Talks About His Novel "Capital" at Althorp
Claire Tomalin Talks About Her Work on Charles Dickens
Gavin Pretor-Pinney Talks Clouds at Althorp Literary Festival
What Makes Althorp Literary Festival So Different?
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...