A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,400
Currently Running With Scissors:
788 Guests and 40 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 55
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Butterfly a-long (Rowan 37)  (Read 98538 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ShaSha
« Reply #60 on: July 20, 2005 01:17:06 PM »

Wow, Buki!
  It looks FANTASTIC!! Congrats. I think the mistake at the bottom looks like it is meant to be there, personally. I wouldn't worry about it.

Veronique, I didn't get row gauge either. I just increased closer together, but I am doing a shortened camisole, so it won't make much difference. I don't know how we could get row gauge without tightening the yarn too much. Yuck!

Eilene! Way to go, girlie.   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
veronique
« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2005 02:36:38 PM »

Hope C: Woo hoo! I won't be the only one working in the round!  Welcome!  (PS: 6 st to a repeat)

With Butterfly, we've all had to count stitches every once in a while, to make absolutely sure that were on track.  (You know, cause this damn pattern has so many frickin' errors.  Oh, ok, I made a few too.)  Well, count no more!  There is now a super duper high tech gadget which counts stitches for you, and rows too!  Wow. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
eilene
« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2005 02:39:17 PM »

Thanks ShaSha! :-) Is it working out with the increases closer together? I might have to do the same thing as I don't want it too long.

Buki...Beautiful! I love it so far. I love, love, love the beads! Great job! ;-)

Hope...it is a 6 st repeat. Welcome to the Butterfly along! :-)

Veronique...that is way too cool! I will have to check it out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Raw Dreams~
HopeC
« Reply #63 on: July 20, 2005 02:43:22 PM »

Thank you Veronique!  I appreciate the repeat count.  Did you add beads to your edging?  I am trying to decide where to put the beads.  I am Loving knitting with beads.  I am beading everything right now.  I added beads to Birch too.  Pics on my blog pre blocking. 

What size are you making Veronique?  Did you just pick up a multiple of 6 stitches around the edging?

Thanks again,
Hope
http://wisterialaines.prettyposies.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ShaSha
« Reply #64 on: July 20, 2005 07:43:25 PM »

Hope,
  I have enjoyed your blog. And everything looks fantastic! How was the steeking process??? I have only steeked in Fair Isle and not a true Norwegain style steek. I have a Poetry In Stitches design waiting...whooohooo!   Shocked

You have come to the right place. This is a very friendly and helpful group. Good luck!  Grin

http://www.unraveledagain.blogspot.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged
veronique
« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2005 09:14:56 AM »

Hope C: I did not even *think* to add beads to the edging!  Of course, now it seems like a great idea....  Too late.  I am making size 36".  I usually am between a 34 and a 36, and probably should have made the 34" since lace stretches out when blocked...  I don't want to think about that now.  I picked up 95 st twice, exactly as the chart dictates (*15 repeats plus 5 st* twice).  By the way, I have ordered a Mermaid kit in red/orange! 

I am almost done!  Grin  I did 8 even rows instead of 11, I'm doing the increases every 8th row and everything looks fine.  I now have 15 rows to go before the armholes.  I'm hoping to wear this dress to a party on sat, but, uh, it's 95 degrees in NYC and the humidity is through the roof. 
I slipped Butterfly over a dress so you can see my progress:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
buki
« Reply #66 on: July 21, 2005 11:43:52 AM »

ohmigosh it's pretty! Cheesy wow, knitting it up in the round seems to get it done sooner Shocked i'd like to do that next time when i plan to make the tunic version.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HopeC
« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2005 04:52:13 PM »

Shasha, thanks for the nice comment about my blog.  My blogging partner Michelle, is the one who is currently doing the Dale sweater.  If you have any questions leave her a comment on her entry.

I have steeked lots of shetland sweaters, but only 1 or 2 norwegian styles.  They were a long time ago and I don't even remember what I did!   Which PIS sweater do you have waiting?

Veronique, your dress is looking fantastic.  Great color too.  And how did you know that I plan to order Mermaid in RED?  Did you read my mind?

Hope
http://wisterialaines.prettyposies.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged
eilene
« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2005 06:26:41 PM »

Veronique...your Butterfly is gorgeous!! I hope that when you are all done you will take a photo modeling her. I'd love to see her on you! You are soooo close to being done...Wow!

Eilene
http://eiknit.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Raw Dreams~
Kerry Berry
« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2005 08:04:08 PM »

I started the hem frill last night.  I'm knitting and knitting and feeling smart and happy, and then tonight I come to this:

And I'm like, "Why is this hole bigger than the others?...oh crapppppppp."  I somehow managed to drop 3 stitches somewhere, and I can't figure out where.  I'm going to have to unknit and put on my thinking cap, which is an ambitious endeavor at 10pm.  So I'm having a wine cooler and debating leaving it until tomorrow.

P.S.  It doesn't look that crappy in real life; I just neglected to completely flatten it out on the scanner bed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 55 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Succeed on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire
How to Play Flip Cup
How to Play Speed Quarters
How to Play Quarters
How to Play Thumper
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...