A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,034
Currently Running With Scissors:
582 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 55
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Butterfly a-long (Rowan 37)  (Read 99160 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ShaSha
« Reply #60 on: July 20, 2005 01:17:06 PM »

Wow, Buki!
  It looks FANTASTIC!! Congrats. I think the mistake at the bottom looks like it is meant to be there, personally. I wouldn't worry about it.

Veronique, I didn't get row gauge either. I just increased closer together, but I am doing a shortened camisole, so it won't make much difference. I don't know how we could get row gauge without tightening the yarn too much. Yuck!

Eilene! Way to go, girlie.   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
veronique
« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2005 02:36:38 PM »

Hope C: Woo hoo! I won't be the only one working in the round!  Welcome!  (PS: 6 st to a repeat)

With Butterfly, we've all had to count stitches every once in a while, to make absolutely sure that were on track.  (You know, cause this damn pattern has so many frickin' errors.  Oh, ok, I made a few too.)  Well, count no more!  There is now a super duper high tech gadget which counts stitches for you, and rows too!  Wow. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
eilene
« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2005 02:39:17 PM »

Thanks ShaSha! :-) Is it working out with the increases closer together? I might have to do the same thing as I don't want it too long.

Buki...Beautiful! I love it so far. I love, love, love the beads! Great job! ;-)

Hope...it is a 6 st repeat. Welcome to the Butterfly along! :-)

Veronique...that is way too cool! I will have to check it out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Raw Dreams~
HopeC
« Reply #63 on: July 20, 2005 02:43:22 PM »

Thank you Veronique!  I appreciate the repeat count.  Did you add beads to your edging?  I am trying to decide where to put the beads.  I am Loving knitting with beads.  I am beading everything right now.  I added beads to Birch too.  Pics on my blog pre blocking. 

What size are you making Veronique?  Did you just pick up a multiple of 6 stitches around the edging?

Thanks again,
Hope
http://wisterialaines.prettyposies.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ShaSha
« Reply #64 on: July 20, 2005 07:43:25 PM »

Hope,
  I have enjoyed your blog. And everything looks fantastic! How was the steeking process??? I have only steeked in Fair Isle and not a true Norwegain style steek. I have a Poetry In Stitches design waiting...whooohooo!   Shocked

You have come to the right place. This is a very friendly and helpful group. Good luck!  Grin

http://www.unraveledagain.blogspot.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged
veronique
« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2005 09:14:56 AM »

Hope C: I did not even *think* to add beads to the edging!  Of course, now it seems like a great idea....  Too late.  I am making size 36".  I usually am between a 34 and a 36, and probably should have made the 34" since lace stretches out when blocked...  I don't want to think about that now.  I picked up 95 st twice, exactly as the chart dictates (*15 repeats plus 5 st* twice).  By the way, I have ordered a Mermaid kit in red/orange! 

I am almost done!  Grin  I did 8 even rows instead of 11, I'm doing the increases every 8th row and everything looks fine.  I now have 15 rows to go before the armholes.  I'm hoping to wear this dress to a party on sat, but, uh, it's 95 degrees in NYC and the humidity is through the roof. 
I slipped Butterfly over a dress so you can see my progress:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
buki
« Reply #66 on: July 21, 2005 11:43:52 AM »

ohmigosh it's pretty! Cheesy wow, knitting it up in the round seems to get it done sooner Shocked i'd like to do that next time when i plan to make the tunic version.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HopeC
« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2005 04:52:13 PM »

Shasha, thanks for the nice comment about my blog.  My blogging partner Michelle, is the one who is currently doing the Dale sweater.  If you have any questions leave her a comment on her entry.

I have steeked lots of shetland sweaters, but only 1 or 2 norwegian styles.  They were a long time ago and I don't even remember what I did!   Which PIS sweater do you have waiting?

Veronique, your dress is looking fantastic.  Great color too.  And how did you know that I plan to order Mermaid in RED?  Did you read my mind?

Hope
http://wisterialaines.prettyposies.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged
eilene
« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2005 06:26:41 PM »

Veronique...your Butterfly is gorgeous!! I hope that when you are all done you will take a photo modeling her. I'd love to see her on you! You are soooo close to being done...Wow!

Eilene
http://eiknit.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Raw Dreams~
Kerry Berry
« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2005 08:04:08 PM »

I started the hem frill last night.  I'm knitting and knitting and feeling smart and happy, and then tonight I come to this:

And I'm like, "Why is this hole bigger than the others?...oh crapppppppp."  I somehow managed to drop 3 stitches somewhere, and I can't figure out where.  I'm going to have to unknit and put on my thinking cap, which is an ambitious endeavor at 10pm.  So I'm having a wine cooler and debating leaving it until tomorrow.

P.S.  It doesn't look that crappy in real life; I just neglected to completely flatten it out on the scanner bed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 55 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Mark Oppenheimer Reveals His Favorite TV Show
Jessica Bendinger Talks About The Seven Rays
Tracy Trivas Talks About The Wish Stealers
Lynne Griffin Talks About Sea Escape
Sy Montgomery Talks About Birdology
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...