A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,882
Currently Running With Scissors:
767 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 55
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Butterfly a-long (Rowan 37)  (Read 97703 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ShaSha
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2005 06:08:39 AM »

I can't live without beads, so I HAD to use them.   Roll Eyes   I actually thought they might be good for a little weight added to the fabric, so I opted for a little larger than seed beads. I don't think they are intrinsic, however, at all. It's your call. Happy Knitting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
veronique
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2005 09:51:06 AM »

Sha-Sha, I swear I wasn't drinking!  When I realized that I was one stitch off, I blamed it on my terrific-at-the-time idea of knitting in the round.  Then I had a drink.   Tongue 
By the way, how did you fix it?  I have to admit I really can't see any glaring mistake in your "before" photos on your blog... 
Eilene, I am using the brand spanking new circular Bryspuns, and I love them!  It was actually not too difficult to do the dreaded P2tog tbl.  Too bad you can't use them again.  By the way, your Birch looks beautiful, and I love that smoky gray color. 
In order to motivate myself, I've been calculating my progress percentage-wise.  I estimate that there are 149 rows.  I wrote out 1-149 on a piece of paper, then added various notes: "dec" for a dec row, "inc" for an increase row and the patt row # (1-23), for placement of the beads.  I've been crossing out the rows # as I go along.  I am now on row 86, which corresponds to 58%!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
eilene
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2005 01:07:20 PM »

Veronique...I love Butterfly with the beads. I didn't use them because I thiught the pattern alone would be difficult enough for me. Now I wished I had...at least on the hem! Your's looks fabulous. I love the color. I wish I could use the Bryspuns with mine but the yarn & the needle are the same color. Next time! How did you get your photo on your post. I can't figure it out. Thanks! ;-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Raw Dreams~
buki
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2005 01:29:57 PM »

all the butterflies here i've seen so far look fab  Cheesy good job gals. here's my still in progress one. i just finished the decreases now.

oh and i have a question for the lace hem frill. for the lace hem frill by itself, what's the approximate width of it in inches (not how long, how wide)? i'm asking because since i'm not using KSH, handpaintedyarn.com's lace wool easily scrunches and i would like to know the width so i can pin it out by those dimentions when i block my first panel.

oh, and yes, i'm using beads Smiley
« Last Edit: July 18, 2005 01:31:53 PM by buki » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kerry Berry
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2005 02:15:20 PM »

My yarn finally came today.  It's much more orange than I thought.  After seeing buki's yarn, I went to handpaintedyarn.com and got the cinnabar color.  It looked kind of pinky-orange on my monitor.  Oh well--I'm not terribly disappointed.  Buki: did you get gauge with the recommended needle sizes?  I have to go out and buy needles tonight.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

veronique
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2005 02:39:34 PM »

Buki!  Oh, that is beautiful!   Shocked 
Eilene, I upload photos on Photobucket or Flickr, then I insert the link (make sure there is " img" in square brackets flanking the link).  Usually I copy-paste the link, or I use the "insert photo" button just above this window I'm typing in. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
buki
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2005 02:59:56 PM »

veronique: thanks n_n

Kerry Berry: i remembered i checked quite awhile ago and i think i did hit gauge just about right Smiley  oh and also, if you notice on mine (i did the XS size) i did about 15 repeats (including the first set of 8 rows you start out with). i've seen on another person's butterfly on livejournal.com/~knitting/ she did 14 repeats. here's the link if you wanna check it out

http://www.livejournal.com/users/thatgirljj/442961.html#cutid1

i think 14 repeats would be best. mine was based on calculations and estimating, which got me to do 15.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2005 07:40:02 PM by buki » THIS ROCKS   Logged

eilene
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2005 03:26:35 PM »

Thanks Veronique! Help...I'm almost done both hems. I decided to try to knit the body to make sure that I have the pattern down with a different shade of KSH. I cast on 22 sts & have tried 2 times to knit this pattern with no luck. Something is off 7 I can't figure it out. How do you start with a YO? Also, since I'm not using beads, I'm still following the pattern (yarn to front, sli purlwise, then yarn to back again. I keep getting extra stitches. HELP! How many stitches are in a repeat? Would knitting all the sts for the extra small size make a difference instead of casting on 22 sts to just try it?  Huh

Thanks in advance for anyone's help!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Raw Dreams~
Dawn
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2005 05:18:50 PM »

Beads it is! I like those subtle extra details, not necessary but nice.  I need to not be lazy.  Thanks for the replies and again, yours all look incredible!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

la vie c'est patant
buki
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2005 09:20:12 PM »

eilene: i've tried to do this too before but it doesn't seem to work out until i decided to risk it and just apply it to the hem frill. i really don't know what went wrong when i tried to swatch the pattern. =/ i think maybe if you look at the chart, find the symetry and cast on how many stitches. it's really difficult to explain x_x i just try to make sure the stitch count remains the same until i decrease and make sure those stitches remain the same until the next decrease.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 55 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Prepare Bagels With Three Fillings
How to Cook Jambalaya
How to Cook Salt Beef
How to Bake Homemade Bagels
How to Do Homemade Delicious Hamburger
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...