A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,695
Currently Running With Scissors:
582 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 55
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Butterfly a-long (Rowan 37)  (Read 98718 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

eilene
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2005 03:55:04 AM »

Buci~I'm glad I'm not the only one. They tell you to pick up & knit 71 sts...but the chart shows 72 sts for the extra small. So you must get an extra st on the first row. Did you find that you got that extra st? Also...for the YO at the beginning of the row...did you just wrap the yarn around the right needle before starting the row?

Thanks! Smiley
« Last Edit: July 19, 2005 04:21:33 AM by eilene » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Raw Dreams~
veronique
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2005 10:01:45 AM »

Eilene: I think the "sl 1 st pwise" business is just a technique for placing a bead.  Since you're not using beads, why bother?  I think you can just knit the 3 st.  (But you shouldn't get an extra st.  Perhaps you're creating an unintentional yo?).  Also, I have 6 st to a repeat.  Oh, and making a yo at the beginning of a row is a pain.  A pain that I am avoiding by knitting in the round!   Wink

To all: I can't believe we are finding so many errors in this pattern!  Grr! 
My main problem is that it is very hard to inc/dec in a lace pattern and the edges look funky.  I almost wish it just had a st st panel on the sides...  But I am NOT frogging now! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
eilene
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2005 10:29:51 AM »

Thanks Veronique! I'm finished with the hems & I really want to start on the body. Now that you have answered my questions...I'm going to start it now! Would you have any idea why they tell you to pick up 71 sts on the hem & the chart says 72 sts for the extra small? Puzzled  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Raw Dreams~
eilene
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2005 11:33:37 AM »

I am really comfused. Instead of picking up sts on the body, I decided to cast on 71 sts.(xtra small size) to test out the pattern opn the body. Somethng just isn't right. At the end of the 3rd row, I had 2 extra sts. It has got to have something to do with starting the 3rd row with a YO. & not ending the row with a Dec 2. If anyone can help me figure this out please let me know. I am really antsy to get started on the body! I have been knitting for 4 years now & have knit lots of difficult things. I'm stumped & feeling really stupid right now!! Please come to my rescue. Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Raw Dreams~
ShaSha
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2005 11:36:53 AM »

It IS a pain in the "you-know-what" to get the increases and decreases on the edges and stay in pattern. It's a problem working in the flat, too, Veronique. I am up to the increases now and will get to the arm decreases soon. This is such fun that I have not been working on anything else....uh...ANYTHI NG. Undecided     Everyone's butterflies look fantastic! I can't wait to see them all finished.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
buki
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2005 11:43:15 AM »

I am really comfused. Instead of picking up sts on the body, I decided to cast on 71 sts.(xtra small size) to test out the pattern opn the body. Somethng just isn't right. At the end of the 3rd row, I had 2 extra sts. It has got to have something to do with starting the 3rd row with a YO. & not ending the row with a Dec 2. If anyone can help me figure this out please let me know. I am really antsy to get started on the body! I have been knitting for 4 years now & have knit lots of difficult things. I'm stumped & feeling really stupid right now!! Please come to my rescue. Sad

if the yarn overs are causing the extra stitches, i wouldn't do the yarn over. this is how i've been dealing with the pattern. :x sometimes i would have to do the yarn over though also if i'm two stitches short.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ShaSha
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2005 11:47:34 AM »

Eilene,

Just try the pattern with no YO at the beginning of the third row. Then see how the pattern works out. Make sure that the dec2 is in line with the stitch between the K2tog tbl and K2tog. I think there are some probs with this pattern, but haven't figured an easy fix.    Tongue  Good luck!  
THIS ROCKS   Logged
eilene
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2005 12:14:52 PM »

Shasha...is that what you did? No YO at the beginning of the row?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Raw Dreams~
ShaSha
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2005 12:29:36 PM »

Grin   You got it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
eilene
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2005 05:08:51 PM »

What about the YO at the end of the row? How the heck do you purl a YO on the next row? I think I'm going to give up on Butterfly. I have never in my 4 years of knitting been so frustrated with a knit. Now I'm losing sts. I'm going to put her down for tonight & maybe try tomorrow. The positive thing...I know where the sts go for the pattern to work out...it is just the beginning & end of the rows.

Thanks for trying to help me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Raw Dreams~
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 55 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Paint a Portrait with Oils Using a Photo
How to Prepare a Canvas for Oil Painting
How to Mix Oil Paint Colors
How to Use a Palette Knife to Apply Oil Paint
How to Paint on Paper with Oils
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...