A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 306,355
Currently Running With Scissors:
356 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 55
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Butterfly a-long (Rowan 37)  (Read 101754 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ShaSha
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2005 06:10:42 AM »

Danielle-o,
  I think that's a great idea. It is a special piece, and could really work well for something like that. Would you even add more beads, then? heh heh I am a sucker for beads.  What can I say? Grin  And if you decide not to wear it for the wedding, perhaps the reception? People will be amazed. Hey! I see you're in Oz. I lived in Adelaide for a year. I must say that I loved every second of it. Never met an Aussie that I didn't like.   Good luck! Sha
THIS ROCKS   Logged
veronique
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2005 09:03:10 AM »

Danielle-O, I also think that's a great idea!  Actually, I bought some white single ply silk at Habu which is the most beautiful yarn I have ever seen.  It's so shiny...  I thought I would be perfect for a white Butterfly dress.  Unfortunately, I'm not getting married any time soon! 
And here's a progress pic (for Sharon):  You can't see very clearly, but I am using dark purple beads. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ShaSha
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2005 12:26:30 PM »

Shocked   OMG I LOVE it!!! Great work, Veronique. I think the circular idea is a good one. I will post some pictures of my progress later today.  Thanks!!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SupermodelKitty
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2005 01:51:57 PM »

Veronique, that looks lovely! Darn it, I want to knit this one too, now, after looking at everyone's, but I've never done lace, and I'm not getting married anytime soon now, either. (Bitter...  Wink)  Danielle-O, this is a great wedding dress idea! I'm going to enjoy reading everyone's posts and looking at the pics for now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
eilene
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2005 01:26:34 PM »

I finished Birch (it's blocking...pictures soon to come on my blog) and started Butterfly. I had a problem at first, but have since figured it out. I have 2 repeats done (haven't posted yet) When I post my Birch photos, I will post the progress of Butterfly then. I hate doing the P2tog tbl. I love the Bryspun needles but can't use them with my yarn as the 2 are pretty much the same color & I really do need to see the stitches I'm working. ;-)

Have a great day!
Eilene
http://eiknit.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Raw Dreams~
danielle o
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2005 04:33:41 AM »

Veronique, your progress looks fantastic. It's so delicate. I can see the purple in it too!

My dress... hmm well I think the bead choice will be important. I'm thinking the underdress will be pearly or creamy or some kind of not-quite-white colour and maybe I'll make the beads tie in with that color more. Maybe the pearl KSH will determine the specific colour!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
ShaSha
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2005 02:04:40 PM »

Ok, it's a day late, but I had a frogging emergency. What a drag.   Beware of your pattern as you start the main piece. Could have been the wine...but Veronique had the same problem. Fess up, Veronique! What were YOU drinking? ha!  There are progress pics posted on my blog. Happy Knitting!!!   

http://www.unraveledagain.blogspot.com
« Last Edit: July 17, 2005 03:45:59 PM by ShaSha » THIS ROCKS   Logged
eilene
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2005 05:44:39 PM »

I started Butterfly yesterday & have finished the back lace hem...have a peek on my blog...
http://eiknit.com
I started the front & have 1 repeat finished. I'm using Rowan KSH in the color Pearl. I'm in LOVE! I can't wait to get to the body!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2005 06:01:34 PM by eilene » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Raw Dreams~
Dawn
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2005 08:04:08 PM »

Everybody's work on this is so beautiful! I'm impressed. 

I want to make this next, but I was hoping to get your opinion on the beads. Are they really intrinsic to the dress? It's a bit hard to tell from photos, but speaking as people who are already working on it, what do you think?  I just hate the fuss of fiddling around with beads. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

la vie c'est patant
eilene
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2005 09:28:32 PM »

I decided not to use the beads. I think this camisole will look gorgeous even without them!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Raw Dreams~
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 55 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Why Does The Art World Hate Jeff Koons?
Artist Creates Fantasy Coffins
Matchstick Men Serve as Art
"The Bay Lights" Transforms San Francisco Skyline
Artist Jodi Harvey-Brown Creates Sculptures Inside Books
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...