A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 298,789
Currently Running With Scissors:
473 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 55
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Butterfly a-long (Rowan 37)  (Read 101355 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cathou

se roule un mouton

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2005 09:34:01 PM »

I just love that dress... I might even try it after I finish the sweater i'm doing also from rowan 37)

buky: how do you like working with the handpainted yarn??
« Last Edit: July 10, 2005 08:58:07 AM by cathou » THIS ROCKS   Logged

<("<) <( " )> (>")>
danielle o
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2005 03:51:07 AM »

Oh they look so beauutiful. I was so excited to find this knitalong... I saw the gorgeous pic on the front of the Rowan mag but was also a little hesitant in case I was hallucinating about my knitting skills! I have more hope now.. or at least I'm willing to try harder!

It's all in the post.. hopefully 1-2wks away. Could have bought the materials locally but would have cost 50% more..! but now I have time to finish my branching out scarf  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged
amobabe

I'm a llama's mama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2005 07:13:55 AM »

Kudos to everyone working on Butterfly. It is my favorite knit dress ever...really a classic and looks gorgeous in person (I saw it hanging in a yarn shop window and fell in love...first knit thing I'd ever considered buying vs. making b/c I loved it so much). I wish I could join this butterfly-along but I am limiting myself to more mindless/portable knitting this summer. Good luck ladies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ShaSha
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2005 01:23:28 PM »

Hi,
  I think I will join you guys. I just started Butterfly today. So far I have a whopping 2 repeats of the first frill, but I am not happy with how the beads are looking. Too small. I think I may go out and look for different larger ones. I am, however, using a yarn sub. It is Madil Kid Seta and looks and feels identical to KS. I will post some pics up on my blog later and see if I can get them over here. (I may need coaching)  Roll Eyes  The pics up so far here are absolutely lovely! Nice work you guys.   
« Last Edit: July 10, 2005 08:53:31 PM by ShaSha » THIS ROCKS   Logged
veronique
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2005 08:49:27 AM »

Welcome Kerry Berry, Danielle O and ShaSha!  ShaSha, I'd love to see photos on your blog, could you give us the URL? 
Is anybody else considering knitting Butterfly in the round?  I have to admit that although it eliminates seams, it does make each row *much* longer.  I'm on row 45 and I just started my 2nd ball, but I feel like I should take a little break.  Let's just say Butterfly is not good TV knitting...  I have to admit that I bought some sock yarn at Knit A-Way (Brooklyn) yesterday.  What can I say, it was on sale!  Ah, mindless stockinette.... 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
buki
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2005 11:44:10 AM »

yes, welcome to the knit-a-long gals n_n and i gotta agree with veronique, it's not good TV knitting as well as viewing something else while knitting up butterfly. i screwed up twice trying to knit, put it down to play a game for a couple of minutes and picking it back up again then it was when i was trying to watch TV. eek :x
THIS ROCKS   Logged

eilene
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2005 07:27:54 PM »

Hi,

My name is Eilene & I decided to knit Rowan Butterfly as I think it is absolutely gorgeous!! I'm knitting Rowans Birch shawl at the moment & only have 9 repeats left. I am so close to finishing. As soon as I am done...I am going to start Butterfly. I decided to use Rowan KSH in Pearl. I love, love, love this color & it will go with everything. I just hope I can do it!!!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Raw Dreams~
ShaSha
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2005 04:07:49 PM »

Hey, Veronique,
    The address is:

http://www.unraveledagain.blogspot.com   

I have just gotten as far as a few repeats of the frill. I must agree with you and Buki that it is not mindless whatsoever. I couldn't even have someone talking to me the first couple of repeats, but once I got a rhythm going I could actually let people into the same room again. Wink  I really love knitting this one.  How is everyone doing on gauge??? Had any trouble counting the stitches for it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
buki
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2005 05:08:11 PM »

my gauge may be off because since i'm using handpaintedyarn.com's lace wool, pretty fine stuff, and it easily scrunches up so it's kinda hard to figure out just by measuring it the way it is. i pretty much just took the numbers from the "gauge in lace pattern" some calculation to check how many repeats i had to do for the lace hem frill and for how long. hopefully, like i said before, that blocking it will fix it up.

oh yes, i really do like working with hpy's lace wool because i love how there are slight hue changes coming along Smiley i'm already at the decreases (dec 1 st at each side every 6 rows) so far and it's looking pretty nice!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

danielle o
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2005 04:33:16 AM »

I'm in love with the Pearl KSH, the pictures look fantastic!

I got my main colour (majestic ksh) in the post just now.. it's so puurty. Still waiting on the pattern and ball of Pearl.

a little bit of background. I'm thinking about making the butterfly the overlay for my wedding dress.. with something nice and floaty underneath. 9 months to the wedding, but not so much time to decide if it's a feasible idea and would look okay etc. Anyway I haven't told anyone (else) about the idea, I think it'll be awesome whether it's used for that purpose or not Smiley and I'm not keen on the idea of other people telling me my style sucks!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 55 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Antonio Berardi - London - Spring 2014 - Interviews & Runway
DIY Studded Shoes
FIRST LOOK: Antonio Berardi - London Fashion Week Spring 2014
Finding the Perfect Biker Jacket
Style Sound Off: Blake Lively, Nicole Richie, and Victoria Beckham
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Sherlock Matchbox
@Home This Weekend: Bottlecap Magnets
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...