A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,723
Currently Running With Scissors:
737 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dining room redux part III  (Read 2504 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Moxie574
« on: August 26, 2012 02:09:29 PM »

Since I have lived in my home I have struggled with this dining room..I envisioned gatherings with great food and lots of friends.  I have enjoyed some great gatherings...but never in the dining room.  Its been painted and repainted again and again but my satisfaction with it never seemed to last.  It always ended up as a catch all for all my stuff and it was never useful.  I hate wasted space (who doesn't!) so it has been bothering me for years now!  Two and half years ago I sort of put it in the back of my mind...I decided to get into shape and as of a month ago I reach a major major goal so I decided to do something awesome for myself.  I collect vintage...vintage everything...but I don't feel like I am respectful to my collection.  I forget about my bags and scarves because they are crammed in drawers, my jewelry gathers dust in bowls on my dresser...clothing that fits (I have a huge collection and its been a blast going through it at different stages to see what fits as I progressed) is mixed up with stuff that doesn't or stuff that should be sold or passed on to friends or donated.  I joke about being a hoarder, I really was starting to feel like one...I mean what pleasure am I getting from a stunning faux leopard bag if its in my scary basement at the bottom of a trash bag?!?  So up and out..I finally decided to turn my spare bedroom come dining room into a delightfully over the top dressing room.  I kept a very tight budget spending about 160$ for paint and wood and I shopped myself.  I cleaned out my garage, my 1/2 story, my basement and found cool items that I had forgotten about, projects started and elft to gather dust.  It feels great finally see all of my stuff and I have so much left over I've decided to have an awesome huge Vintage Yard Sale to pay for the other part of my gift to myself, a vacation to NY NY! 

SO this is my dining room before....when I first purchased my home...its pretty scary

SO I redid it and I was really happy with it.  That is until it started gathering dust and vintage clothing begain to accumulate on the table...here is the first after...

So I decided maybe a change was in order so I repainted for the 6th time and came up with this...

I really loved the color and the drapes but in the ended I still wasn't using it as a dining room.  So here is my final final make over of my dining room...

I made the shelves and clothing racks and everything else refound through out my home.

I have used this room every morning since completing it and it stays pretty spotless...If I keep a room consistantly clean I know I really love the way it looks!  Thanks for reading and looking. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All Vintage, All the time.
Taramor
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012 02:34:38 PM »

It is a lovely room to show all your beautiful stuff. Congratulation on your work, and on giving yourself such a lovely gift.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

IsikkahJai
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

BAKA LOVE FOREVER! ^.^

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012 04:05:37 PM »

I think that you'll be the envy of every woman and little girl who ever wanted a walk in closet. Wink Well done! And I LOOOOVVEEE the pink color!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012 04:40:36 PM »

I love it when people make the space they have into what they need and want, not what it is "suppose" to be...the fact that you are using the room and love it, says a lot...what a nice room to see everyday--surrounded by what you love and use...

wonderful...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ithinkthisisgreat
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2012 06:31:29 PM »

I'm witnessing a real live feng shui diva here!  I very inspiring to see something so bland turning into something so bright and creative!  I hope to see more of this fabulousness!   
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mrsflibble

will work for yarn

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012 04:12:08 AM »

wow, I love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mink_bikini

A very proud Craftster best of 2012 awardee

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012 08:49:40 AM »

Love it, what did you use for displaying your Brooches? I'm always struggling with where to put mine. I would never come out of this room if it was mine, it looks like a funky boutique, you're just missing a 60's style mannequin with the painted faces and the sleek Black Bob  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Moxie574
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012 04:31:01 PM »

Love it, what did you use for displaying your Brooches? I'm always struggling with where to put mine. I would never come out of this room if it was mine, it looks like a funky boutique, you're just missing a 60's style mannequin with the painted faces and the sleek Black Bob  Grin

Thanks so much, I used embroidery rings painted with sturdy fabric!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All Vintage, All the time.
GoldfishGirl

Amorphous Big Red Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2012 08:34:06 PM »

Do you have a tutorial for the clothes rack? I'm thinking about making some.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists:  http://www.wists.com/goldfishgirl

I'm always up for Personal Swaps! I can knit and sew. What can you do? Let's trade!
Hollie Hobbie

Where the heck is MY easy bake oven!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2012 07:58:38 AM »

I love it!! Great Idea! We have the same problem with our "dining room" which we don't ever use and it accumulates a lot of crap. I wonder if the hubby will let me make it into a dressing room? Ha ha!
I really love what you did Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Cook Homemade Yaki Udon
How to Prepare Udon Noodle Dishes
How to Prepare Sushi Rice
How to Prepare Sushi Rolls
How To Prepare Korean Style Sushi
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...