A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,522
Currently Running With Scissors:
635 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fun With Stickers!...OR.....Circleing the Kitchen  (Read 2780 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

suereal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: August 24, 2012 03:27:37 PM »

So I'm one of those peeps who feels so sorry for blank spaces...doors...cupboards, most peoples walls.  All that space sitting there...boring and dull, just waiting to be made more interesting.  So when I found a full set of vinyl stickers in circles, rings and spirals for 4 bucks at VV, I snatched them up, knowing I would put them some where.  I have a small collection of vinyl stickers, and I thought I would just put them in that pile, but it turns out, the light blue, green and browns of the new stickers went nice with the kitchen.  So...one day while the Hub was away (some time timing is everything Grin) I stickered up our kitchen Grin

Under my kitchen sink which is under the window.

This is what I did to my dishwasher, which is to the left of the sink.  I am not fond of white, but I like it as a backdrop to the tiny flowers.  The flowers are from the ever wonderfull BirdBones.  I think they loot like they are little water sprites that should live in Spirited Away.  The skull stickers I bought clearance at Michael's a few years ago.  4 to a sheet and I have black, grey, and orange.  I think they are super cute, and the Hub doesn't mind them too much because they are skulls.  They came with cross bone stickers, which I cut up and made them into ears and such.

The corner cabnit, above stove, and floor cabnits to the right of the stove.  I think I like the last lay out the best of all the cabnits.

And the draw to our oven.  BirdBones gave me the large flowers too, and I was going to put them on the dishwasher, but I love them on the black stove.  I toughened them up a bit by the skulls and using the spare bones for a medalion in the center of the largest flower.

And, just so it wouldn't feel left out, a skull sticker in grey for the micro.  And oh look...you can meet my elbows as well Grin

My Hub has been very nice about the changes.  He does think it looks a bit busy, but I like busy I guess.  It makes me happy and he is indifferent, so everyone wins Grin

Thanks for looking Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
elderflower
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012 10:13:56 PM »

That looks like fun. Putting them over the door handles must have been quite difficult but you did a very neat job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012 10:23:38 PM »

Thanks.  I took the knobs off to put the stickers there.  Just had to make sure and poke a hole through the sticker before putting the screw back through.  I did tear a tiny section of one because I tried to force it through.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
BirdBones

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012 12:54:54 AM »

Oh, I knew you'd find a use for the flower stickers! When I saw them, I immediately tought of you, even though they looked kind of "normal" Grin
I like the color combination and the placing of the stickers- and getting it to look more "surreal" by combining it with skulls is just lovely Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
teachart
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2012 09:11:41 AM »

I love the swirls! And I love how you made the stickers your own too by cutting them up Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
selenavaz
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2012 01:03:07 AM »

These spiral stickers look too cute. It is great to see you are adding so much fun and color to your space. These stickers will lift up the mood of the room making it more peppy and enjoyable. Keep up the Good work and thanks for sharing so many pictures. Now even I have started looking around for blank spaces.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AhuraFarouk
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012 12:51:01 AM »

Where can I get these stickers? Searched in local market but didn't work
THIS ROCKS   Logged

suereal

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2012 03:01:04 PM »

I can't help you there as I got mine at Value Village.  And I don't have the paper insert any more.  But I do remeber they were for a baby's room, so maybe Babies-R-Us or some such?  But I did just google a bit for you and there a lot of vinal sticker shops on line. 

http://www.walltat.com/Pop-Wall-Decals-s/2.htm
expensive but cool

http://www.thefind.com/crafts/info-dots-wall-decals#page=3&local=0
 good deal with lots of circles and spirals

I used these words to google---vinyl stickers baby circle spirals
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tammalyn
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2012 06:55:41 PM »

Cute! And I Love that bacon pennant!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
suereal

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2012 09:04:21 AM »

I don't know if they sell them any more, but I got the bacon pennant at Archie McPhee's several years ago

http://www.mcphee.com/shop/

And thanks for all the nice comments folks.  My HUb is not as fond of it all as I am.  So it's nice to get a few thumbs up on it Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Best Ever Oven Baked Tuna Casserole Recipe
Cheddar Apple Crisp Recipe
After Easter Cheddar Ham Casserole Recipe
Sweet Spicy Baked Chicken Tenders Recipe
Updated Homestyle Dumplings Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...