A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,514
Currently Running With Scissors:
647 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 37
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Interchangeable Needle Recommendations  (Read 31226 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

suziewrong
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2005 02:09:45 AM »

Thank you so much for the feedback everyone. I think I will have to splurge and pick up a set...Though I made the needle case from SNBN today, so that makes me want to own more regular needles! Oh, decisions. Smiley

Tebouchet - I was looking to buy some on ebay...They are going for a little bit (about $5 average) less  than on the Denise site and, like you, I'm impatient!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Trebuchet

I already made infinity of those at scout camp.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2005 09:36:00 AM »

Tebouchet - I was looking to buy some on ebay...They are going for a little bit (about $5 average) less  than on the Denise site and, like you, I'm impatient!

You're right.  I am impatient.  I actually found that Elann sells them for pretty much the same price as the manufacturer's website so I ordered them from there last night.  I keep checking to see if they've shipped yet...I want to use them to make the Glampyre Boobholder!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

starghoti
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2005 07:48:04 PM »

hey just wanna chime in and say they are awesome.  i got mine on ebay.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KntrMom
« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2005 04:30:29 AM »

I got mine for my birthday 2 years ago, fell in love and have been using them ever since.  They don't have 17 and 19 so I got Addis for that.   I took them on a trip to Vegas (from Boston) and didn't have any problem getting them on the plane either.  The plastic doesn't bother me and the tips are great like everyone else has said.  I have even called them and got more tips and cords because I tend to have a few different WIPs  Wink and get impatient.  You can order from them directly and the women that answer the phone are really nice.  I asked if they'd ever make the bigger tips and she told me it was really expensive to make the molds that make the needles.  The molds cost something like $50,000 and they couldn't do it just yet.  Maybe in the future but she didn't know when.  I've never used them as straights.  If you get them, enjoy! 
« Last Edit: January 08, 2005 04:32:51 AM by KntrMom » THIS ROCKS   Logged
amobabe

I'm a llama's mama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2005 04:53:56 AM »

I have a set and love them. I did some knitting for profit (yay!) before the holidays so I figured they were a business-related (hah) present to myself. Anyway, I tend to knit to the point of wrist pain and using circs for all my projects helps ease/prevent further wrist pain. (I am very skilled at justifying purchases, can you tell?)

The expense of the needles is one thing butbe warned that you're going to be tempted to buy much more yarn than you did before since you'll have almost all the needles you need for any given project.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beebiz

Pool on the roof must have a leak.

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2005 05:05:04 AM »

I bought each of my crafty sister in laws a set of these needles for Christmas, and they absolutely loved them.  Raved about them, how easy it was to change the needle size in the middle of a project, yadda yadda yadda.  Sooooo, I whined (or my husband said I whined) for a set for myself.  I am a fairly new knitter and didn't feel I had enough experience to warrent a set, but my mother in law hooked me up with a set and I LOVE them.  I use them on everything.  I actually hadn't knit in the round until I had this set.  I was intimidated, and now I'm a whiz!!  I hope to start a sweater for my hubby soon. 

So, in my humble opinion, go, go now...get a set!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mathgirl
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2005 04:20:04 PM »

Another happy Denise customer....my only complaint is with the smaller ones, 5 and 6, the cord is pretty much the same size as the needle tip so it's a little hard to slide the stitches back and forth.

Also, did y'all know that these things have a lifetime warranty? I snapped the black part off one of my cords recently (and nearly had a heart attack when my knitting fell off!) So I sent it back to them with $1 for postage (their request) and they sent me a new one, no questions asked. Very nice!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hillarybillary
your a pansy I'm a cowboy....

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2005 02:44:12 PM »

they are the only needles I have because my cutest hubby ever when I wanted to learn knitting went all consumer reporty on me and found the cheapest way to get me started and bought me a set and its great because I am still very new but when I want to try and new pattern I just open my kit and viola I have that size needle, no shuffling off to buy supplies like most things I get into.
*h
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sunflowerfairy
« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2005 11:54:54 AM »

One girl stated that it was her first time using them and her only complaint was where the size was imprinted in the needles (the yarn was catching a bit for her) but not at the joins. 

This happened to me too. I just took a nail file and lightly rubbed that area and voila! No more catching!

BTW, I love these needles.   Smiley

Sunflowerfairy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

laureli
« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2005 12:09:30 PM »

ooo! these look just lovely (and economical!) ... i emailed a link to my boy in hopes for a valentine's gift!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 37 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Saranormal Book Series Trailer
Marilu Henner on Her Audiobook, Total Memory Makeover
The Places Laura Griffin Visited Researching for Her Novels
City of Lost Souls Book Trailer
Merits of Mischief: The Bad Apple Book Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...