A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 299,125
Currently Running With Scissors:
682 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Whedonverse Swap round 9 gallery  (Read 8571 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

queenofmarigold
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2012 07:30:37 PM »

And I received my fantastic package from Harvey! Luckily for me I have no children so I never have to share my swap goodies - I get it all to myself Cheesy

Firstly was a set of "nesting doll" style hoops featuring three of the best cast members from Firefly - in case you can't tell (but you totally can) that is Wash, Kaylee and Mal. The hoops actually do "nest" inside each other and they were sitting that way when I opened it, so it was a fun discovery.

And, even better, a super shiny steampunk-ish Dr Horrible messenger bag! I love how iconic the silhouette is, there's really no question about who that is! And, even better, the inside fabric ("Kayleesque") is beautiful and soft and (actually) shiny. The photo really doesn't do it justice - the dragonflies are all colours when the light hits them.

What a great swap, and I am glad we lived so close together so I didn't have to wait the usual 2+ weeks to receive Cheesy Thanks so much Harvey!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spikefan
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2012 08:14:06 PM »

Moriwen - Love the Firefly art on the journal and the bag (I think that is what it is) and the tree is so pretty, I had a teacher in school that used to make trees similar to that and I've always wanted to try to make one.

queenofmarigold - The Serenity journal is pretty and I love that you put the Dear Diary quote in it Cheesy; and the Wash theme washcloths are so cool.

Harvey - Such a clever idea with the nesting hoops and love the bag!

Great packages! I will try and get feedback done tonight or tomorrow for those who have sent and their packages have been received.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whenindoubtsew

I do love knitting patterns - Albus Dumbledore

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2012 01:05:54 AM »

Oh My Goodness - everyone is so crazy talented

queenofmarigold - awesome as usual  Cheesy Nice Captain America DS cover, love the colours/dinosaurs on the potholders and the authentic Jayne hat (you have major attention to detail)
Harvey - how gorgeous are those nesting hoops - I love how you did Wash/Kaylee/Mal as well. Beautiful Dr Horrible bag (love dragonfly fabric)

Is it bad to want all of them!!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whenindoubtsew

I do love knitting patterns - Albus Dumbledore

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2012 02:21:34 AM »

Here it is peeps - some Whedon awesomeness from the lovely zzdia!!

No your eyes don't deceive you - these bad boys are Tall cards and they are mine all mine. I have all of tomorrow to learn the rules and then hubby is going down (or alternatively taking all my cooking and washing up duties). Thankyou for the time and effort you put in zzdia getting them looking so good!

Check out zzdia's art skills - this is oil pastels on felt paper (one of zzdia's favourite mediums and I can see why) and it's gorgeous. It will be framed (still deciding how) and placed in the media room.

2 great Dr Horrible stitcheries - <3 them

Not game enough to do an action shot but these are sweet!! I am a bit sad winter is over here  Sad but I will be hoping we get some cold days before spring is over so I can wear them,

And some Whedon inspired jewellery - brooch with leather for Mal, 'shiny' for Kaylee, shell to match his Hawaiian shirts for Wash, green for Wash's leaf quote, blue beads for River's dress and her ice planet. Blue crocheted earrings and the blue/green crochet is a bracelet zzdia wasn't 100% happy with but the colours are lovely and I will work out something to do with it.

Thanks so much zzdia - you have mad skills and I love what you made me. Hope my items make it to you as quickly as they can  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harvey

Here's to inappropriate!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2012 03:08:15 AM »

Awesome haul whenindoubtsew. You did a great job as usual zzdia. Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

queenofmarigold
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2012 09:27:47 PM »

I agree with Harvey - what a haul! I'm especially impressed by the Tall Cards set, which must have taken just about forever.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spikefan

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2012 03:58:46 PM »

Another great package zzdia! The cards are awesome and that painting is amazing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Delectably Deviant
the artist formerly known as monkeystuffer

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2012 09:27:09 AM »

I received from spikefan today!  I'll take some photos this afternoon - prepare to be jealous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Delectably Deviant
the artist formerly known as monkeystuffer

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2012 02:47:45 PM »

Check it out y'all, here's my Firefly themed swap package from our fabulous organizer, spikefan!  Everything is so awesome, I was literally squeeing while I opened the package.

First of all, my very own Jayne hat!  I've been wanting one of these babies for a long time. ^_^  And it's just in time for my first autumn in Canada!

Can you tell I'm excited about this hat?

She also made me a Jayne hoop:

And a framed cross stitch with one of my favorite quotes from the show:

Unfortunately, the tissue paper she wrapped the items in stuck to the paint on the frame, so I may have to repaint it.  It'll be going up on the wall today regardless.

The other item is a buckled leather wrist band that's like the one Jayne wears on the show.  So cool!  I'll have to put it on my husband later and take some action shots.

Thank you so much spikefan!!  I absolutely love everything, you're an amazing swap partner.  
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012 02:50:38 PM by Delectably Deviant » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harvey

Here's to inappropriate!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2012 11:05:29 PM »

Great package, I especially love the Jayne hoop.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Follow Your Dreams or Get Paid?
Love Thy Neighbor? Not So Much.
Ban All Native Mascots?
Does Gay Mean White?
Is Objective News Dead?
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...