A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,131
Currently Running With Scissors:
365 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bathroom Shelf from Martha Stewart inspiration!!  (Read 1040 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

urban_albino

Open your mind, open your heart.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: August 22, 2012 08:20:22 PM »

Quick back story:   Hubbers and I are preggo with our first baby.  We decided to finish our basement so he can move his man crap out of the second bedroom so we can have a nursery.  The first stage of finishing down there was hooking up ducting for the A/C - in order to do this, we had to sacrifice our hall/linen closet.  (I didn't know this was happening until I came home from work. Sad sad day.  So, for the past several weeks, all my stuff has been accumulating in our bedroom and bathroom and finally, I'd had enough of the clutter.  I found this inspiration on Martha Stewart's website via Pintrest for a shelf over the bathroom door to store stuff.  I loved it, so I made it happen!  =)

1. - Martha's version
2. - My version before/ after
3. - My ugly cluttered bathroom before
4. - My super cute bathroom after

The screws on my shelf aren't perfect, one because I'm extremely impatient and two because I didn't have a level I ruined all my anchors trying to find the right spot and ended up having to use like, 3" drywall screws.  One isn't in all the way because my drill bit was too short.  But anywho, I don't care.  I'm proud that I made this shelf and I have my bathroom back!  I ordered this cool hotel style towel shelf/rack off eBay and my super awesome dad helped me install it. (I NEVER would have gotten that one on my own. It would have ended up in the garbage.)  I hated that toilet organizer.  Makes everything looks way more cluttery.  =)  Let me know what you think!  Next step is finding some cute artwork to put over the towels.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just when the caterpillar thought it would die, it turned into a butterfly.
SiFi Mom

I own too many beads!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012 09:50:19 AM »

I think your over the door shelf is great.  I totally agree that over the toilet organizer didn't look half as good as your new one.  To me, it made your bathroom look small and cluttered.  Good choices.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SiFi Mom, aka Nancy
Crafting is my mental therapy!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Beauty to Be Thankful For
The 5 Best Beauty Tools to Gift This Year
All Natural Beauty Tips Using Items Found In Your Kitchen
Plus-Size Model Stuns In Robyn Lawley Swimwear
Best Acne Treatment Products
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...