A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 300,923
Currently Running With Scissors:
607 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Storage of supplies and studio location?  (Read 370 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MNR
« on: August 22, 2012 01:33:22 PM »

Hello there. I'm recently back from college, and I'm reorganizing my room. At the moment, my art supplies (and art for that matter) aren't too well protected and categorized.
The main reason is due to the fact that I only have one room (my bedroom) to store my things; that and my mother is moving to a new house.

At the moment, my supplies are in a tupperware container under my bed, and my paintings are stored next to my boudoir.

Just wondering from other artists, how do you store your materials? Where do you store your artwork? Do you have a studio you go to, or a room in the house, or do you just set up where you are? How do you carry your materials for travel and on location artstuffs? Unfortunately I don't know too many other artists in my community and there's no art center nearby so... internet! talk to me!

<3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ria421
Retro Sorrento

My favorite hat made by me!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012 09:34:23 PM »

Oh wow, the pain of coming back from college with all the art supplies! I graduated in 2010 and I'm still trying to reorganize in my parents house. I actually ended up renting a small studio, which I would recommend if you can find something inexpensive, secure, and well lit. I was in the situation where I paint on a large scale, and working at home was not a good option for me. For me, it's hard to work where you sleep! I just end up passing out in my work space when I get to tired.  Roll Eyes

However, if you're not in the situation where you can rent a space, I would recommend re-arranging your room to a point where you have enough space for yourself and your art, especially ensuring you have a space to walk away from what your working on and clear your head.

Storage wise I like to go with second-hand items that i've repainted/upcycled. Try garage sales and second hand shops. You can get some great drawer-units at really cheap prices. I have a great cabinet that I keep all my spray paints, glues, tupperware's of paint, etc. Very organized and personalized!

Good luck on your adventures. The best advice I can give is not to get yourself too caught up in the fact that you've moved home! I let that get to me and it's really nothing to be ashamed of!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Retro Sorrento
Retro-vintage style Illustrated and Handmade Designs
web: http://www.mariavallese.com
blog: http://retrosorrento.blogspot.com
etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/retrosorrento
facebook: http://www.facebook.com/RetroSorrento
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Deep Condition Curly Hair
How to Deal with Winter Hair
How to Cut a Boy’s Hair
How to Cut Your Man’s Hair
How to Cut a Girl’s Hair
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...