A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,695
Currently Running With Scissors:
391 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My first Jordy bags!  (Read 2612 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Norahsmom
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2005 06:19:09 AM »

What in the world are all of these jordy bags i'm hearing about. what makes them so popular personally i dont see whats so special
 Huh
Hi!
Someone named "The Jordy" posted a tutorial on how to make flat bottomed bags a couple of years ago.  I guess that is why they are called Jordy Bags.  The tutorial is really popular because it is easy to do and you can make so many variations.  Even someone who is no great genius at sewing (like me) can do it.  Plus it's fun! Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xcaret
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2005 05:44:07 PM »

They are really nice and i love the colors!
What are the dimensions of the green bag, i have trying to make one a little bigger than the jordi bag, thank you..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Norahsmom
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2005 02:43:42 PM »

They are really nice and i love the colors!
What are the dimensions of the green bag, i have trying to make one a little bigger than the jordi bag, thank you..
Thank You!
Here it is! Have fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PpCakes
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2005 09:37:20 PM »

both them bags rock, did you use interfacing?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

visit my blog, its full of crafty awesome things, and life!

xo
http://ckscribbles.blogspot.com/
Norahsmom
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2005 07:04:02 AM »

both them bags rock, did you use interfacing?

Thanks! Cheesy

Yeah, I used heavy fusible interfacing on both the outer fabric and on the lining.  I put an extra layer on the bottoms to stiffen them up.  On my last bag I glued a piece of stiff felt inside the bottom and it worked really well.  Have fun making them!

P.S.  I finally got a website up the other day.  Check it out! Wink http://norahnadine.4t.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged
refuse2bdefined

Am I beautiful? Am I usable?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2005 07:14:02 AM »

That green back is sooooooooo cute!! About the ribbon, how did you attach it? I tried attaching some sewing and maybe I just need more practice and I tried heavy fusible tape and it didn't work out too well....I tried selling my bags on ebay. You're better off sellling them on your own. You can even sell them on here I'm sure. I ended up losing money using ebay. No one bid on them (except one) and then I was flooded with emails after the auctions ended wanting to know if I would sell them for cheaper! It was frustrating b/c people don't understand how much time goes into some bags and think it's going to be as cheap as something that is mass produced and purchased at Walmart for $5. Ok I'll step off my soap box. Again, great bags! Very very cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hold me and tell me "We'll burn like stars. We'll burn as we fall. Watch as city lights dance for us."

http://RefuseToBeDefined.etsy.com

http://refuse2bdefined.livejournal.com
Norahsmom
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2005 08:19:21 AM »

That green back is sooooooooo cute!! About the ribbon, how did you attach it? I tried attaching some sewing and maybe I just need more practice and I tried heavy fusible tape and it didn't work out too well....I tried selling my bags on ebay. You're better off sellling them on your own. You can even sell them on here I'm sure. I ended up losing money using ebay. No one bid on them (except one) and then I was flooded with emails after the auctions ended wanting to know if I would sell them for cheaper! It was frustrating b/c people don't understand how much time goes into some bags and think it's going to be as cheap as something that is mass produced and purchased at Walmart for $5. Ok I'll step off my soap box. Again, great bags! Very very cute!

Thanks!

I sewed the ribbon onto the front half of the outside fabric (there isn't any ribbon on the back) before I sewed the outside fabric onto the lining.  I think you are right about e-bay.  I decided to try to sell my bags on my own.  I got a website up but now I am trying to find a way to get it out there.

Check it out!  http://norahnadine.4t.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Delziela
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2005 07:59:22 PM »

Congrats on your website!  Cheesy

I absoloutley adore the diaper bag you have on your site right now. Good luck with sales!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong.
-Joseph Chilton Pearce
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup
@Home This Weekend: Bee Magnets
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...