A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,546
Currently Running With Scissors:
532 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wee monsters felted hoopla  (Read 1145 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

teachart
« on: August 25, 2012 09:06:54 AM »

Hi everyone! I just wanted to share a needle felted hoop that I made for a personal swap. Foxy Sam said she liked cute monsters, so I took that as my inspiration.

I embellished here and there with some embroidery stitches too.

And here's the back-

I just hot glued the excess fabric to the hoop and cut a piece of felt to cover the back. I machine sewed a few of my illustrations on it too.

Thanks for taking a peek! C&C always welcome Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Knickertwist
Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

Gimme some sugar baby.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012 09:18:14 AM »

Love this! It's really wonderful Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teachart
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012 09:57:34 AM »

Thanks Knickertwist! That's sweet of you to say  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
suereal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012 11:22:44 AM »

It's just so FABO teachart.  How did you do the felting part...I mean the layout of the felt (I know how to jab my self with tiny barbed needles).  Is it on a felt bat, or is it on silk?  Did you just lay the different colored hanks down in a random way, or did you sketch it out first?  Does having one giant eyeball for a head help or hurt when needle felting?  I so want to make one like it.  And just so ya know, when I saw it in the recent with pictures, I thought, "That looks like E made it".  I love being right Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
teachart
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2012 11:35:50 AM »

It's just so FABO teachart.  How did you do the felting part...I mean the layout of the felt (I know how to jab my self with tiny barbed needles).  Is it on a felt bat, or is it on silk?  Did you just lay the different colored hanks down in a random way, or did you sketch it out first?  Does having one giant eyeball for a head help or hurt when needle felting?  I so want to make one like it.  And just so ya know, when I saw it in the recent with pictures, I thought, "That looks like E made it".  I love being right Grin

I love being able to recognize people's crafts from the thumb nails too! Makes me feel important  Grin

I felted this onto a piece of plain white cotton and it worked just fine. I had a rough sketch of the monster shapes on the fabric that I drew on with a disappearing embroidery ink pen- but really the felting covered up all the marks so even sketching with a pencil would be fine. I used wool roving that I picked up at Michael's (with a handy-dandy 50% off coupon, of course!) and blended a few colors together to add a little interest to the monsters. I have one of those boar bristle brushes to felt on- I've liked the way it works so far- but I know some people like felting on foam pads, I've just never tried that.

Having one giant eyeball definitely helps in my case  Grin  (I should totally make that my avatar...) And you know you have a package from me coming in the not too distant future (hint: I started felting something for you the moment you liked these guys in the personal swap gallery  Grin)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2012 11:40:52 AM »

SSSSSQQQQQUUUUUEEEE EE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I LOVE teachart packages!!!!!!!

So if I reference your giant eyeball head on all the things you post and get folks to go "What??" then you'll reveal you eyeball headyness all the time? Grin  I'm going vaycay next week, but I can start on that as soon as I get back Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
jexxican

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012 07:53:48 PM »

I love it! I want one. I should felt myself a hoop.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
teachart
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2012 08:36:17 AM »

Thanks jexxican! You should felt yourself a hoop, it was lots of fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Ask Marianna: Beauty Blenders, Smokey Shadows And Top Eyelash Glue
How to Create the January Jones Makeup Look
How to Get Rid of Dark Under Eye Circles
Bottom of the Jar Beauty Tips
Spring 2013 Fashion and Beauty Survival Guide
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...