A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 298,757
Currently Running With Scissors:
563 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Avatar Round 4 / Legend of Korra / All things Avatar GALLERY!  (Read 9150 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Gr33nT3a
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2012 10:14:35 PM »

I'm so glad that you like everything the_essence!

- The bracelet thing was actually around the top of the candle holder for decoration. lol. It must have slipped off on the way to you, but could probably be used as a book mark or anklet too. The candle scent is "pumpkin spice" and is a mixture of pumpkin, citrus, cloves, and cinnamon. I swear the people at the store must have thought I was crazy because I was sniffing all the candles for a kind of spicey scent that made me think of the fire nation.

-The top of the candle holder is a copy of the floor design in Avatar Roku's temple. =)

- I had so much fun painting that scroll for you. It's the first time I've done bamboo before and learned a lot about Chinese style water color techniques on youtube!

And no need for swap anxiety as I'm sure I'll love whatever you've made.

- I'm sooooooo happy you like the pillow. As I was making it I was hoping you wouldn't find it super creepy. My brother came over after I had painted the face and we had a good laugh about it as well. The hair is sticking up in all directions from travel, but if you smooth it down over his forhead a little you can see I cut it so that it looks like his hair starting about when he joins the gAang.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Běifāng yǒu jiārn, jush r dl. Y g qīng rn chng, zi g qīng rn gu. Nng b zhī qīng chng yǔ qīng gu. Jiārn nn zi d.
北方有佳人,绝世而独立。一顾倾人城,再顾倾人国。宁不知倾城与倾国。佳人难再得。
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2012 06:55:48 AM »

Zuko pillow is pretty epic. I actually really like the hair sticking all over the place!

All that bead art is pretty amazing. I LOVE that hemp earth necklace and the little clay Aang and Katara are adorable!

Great, great stuff this round!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
the_essence
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2012 10:12:35 AM »

OHHHH decoration for the candle makes so much more sense! Ahahaha because I was confused as to why it wasn't in your note if it was a separate project, and why it was so big on my wrist XD That makes sense Smiley Well it is now in its rightful place on the candle, and it looks lovely Smiley

OHHHH ROKU'S TEMPLE! Well isn't that a sneaky little reference Wink

Those youtube videos must have paid off! My entire family loves the painting, my sister (who just headed off to college this year) said she wanted it to decorate her room with. Me: HAHA THINK AGAIN. ALL FO ME! .... Roll Eyes

As for the pillow, I certainly don't think it's super creepy! It isn't right? Well hopefully anyone who sees my room won't think it's creepy  Roll Eyes My friends just think it's adorable and funny so that's a good sign XD

Bahhh my package left California on Monday, I wish I could will it to you faster Gr33nT3a!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012 10:15:14 AM by the_essence » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sakaki
Oddness

And everything is but what is not...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2012 07:46:04 PM »

oh wow! I'm in awe!!! Zuko pillow<3 and those cute t's! Talented people here! Great swap! I hope my partner gets mine soon!
Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Invite me for swaps!! I'd love to!
craftfulthinking.tumblr.com
http://pinterest.com/sakakisins/
BunnieBard
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2012 06:56:00 PM »

I *DIED* laughing when I saw that Zuko pillow. Oh my goodness, I had no idea I would be facilitating these kinds of crafts when I started this swap.  Cheesy Good job guys, you really lived up to my hopes!

In other neeews~ we have one or two people who have not posted pictures yet? I'm confusing myself going through my pm box/changing colors on names... so if your partner hasn't posted pictures yet, please feel free to post any you took before sending!

Also, it appears we have one flake.  Cry Booooo~. But luckily, I actually had a person pm me quite a while back about angeling! So maybe they would be willing to ship to Australia....? Otherwise I'll make a post in the Angel boards. I totally made a small to send to the kind soul who helps out... bribery can get anything done, right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sakaki
Oddness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2012 07:26:46 PM »

Only a communication issue as it seems! Holly Bowers has sent me an amazing pack of items!

I can't pick a favourite. They are really cool (Sorry the canvas is upside down though :S

Since i don't know if she has received and haven't been able to contact her, I'll upload my own pics.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sakaki
Oddness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2012 07:43:12 PM »

These were my items for HollyBowers. I hope she receives and really likes them. The pendant went out on a green ribbon .. just because I thought it'd look nicest.

Thanks for a great swap BunnieBard!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oath Keeper

Addicted to Plushies...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2012 08:33:10 PM »

Goodness we still have cute goodies coming in! This really was a great swap. So I take it we didn't have a flake right? *fingers crossed*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
the_essence
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2012 08:40:46 PM »

Sakaki what a great set of goodies! That you both sent and received Smiley

Love that necklace that HollyBowers sent, is it polymer clay? And are the Pabu and Aang faces made of felt? Their faces are so well-drawn (and Pabu is just toooo cute, actually Aang too Smiley )! And gotta love the four nations unity Smiley

And I love the coasters you sent her! What did you use to make them? I really love their earthy organic vibe. And the Pabu, again, too cute. He looks so snuggly! Finally, what a pretty pendant! I love what you set it in, and is that resin?

USPS tells me that Gr33nT3a received a few days ago (finally! YAY!) so I really hope she liked everything! I know she works reallly long hours so I guess she's super busy, I hope she's okay! I do have pictures of what I sent on my phone or camera so I'll post those Smiley

No flakers! Yayyy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2012 12:20:56 PM »

Two more awesome packages! Love the appa necklace and the canvas. Totally agree with the_essence - love the earthy feel of the coasters!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Sloppy Joe Sliders
How to Make Bacon Pancakes
How to Make a Pulled Pork Sandwich
Cornbread Dressing Recipe
King Ranch Chicken Casserole Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...