A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,597
Currently Running With Scissors:
726 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Avatar Round 4 / Legend of Korra / All things Avatar GALLERY!  (Read 7809 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bethanael
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2012 04:52:49 PM »

all these items are wonderful! Yue's hair decorations are to cute! I'll be posting everything that I got from the amazing and super awesome Addiej tomorrow, my bf has my camera battery and he keeps leaving before I can get it out of his car.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Chamomile_T
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2012 08:36:06 PM »

Hello, All! I received my package from Zeivin on Friday, but I only got the chance to post about it now. I'm not so great at taking le photos, but here goes!

First up, we have a lovely Uncle Iroh inspired teacup and saucer duo! I can definitely see why my partner chose to make a teacup, seeing as one of the first PMs I sent her went something like "Do you like tea? BECAUSE I FRIGGIN' LOVE TEA!!! TEA TEA TEA BLAH BLAH TEA!!" So, yes, good call on the teacup, Zeivin. Smiley

The saucer has a White Lotus emblem, and the scales on the cup represent Iroh's title, "Dragon of the West."

Next, we have a fire nation oven mitt! Fire nation seems the logical choice for an oven mitt, wouldn't you say?

And now an apron! But not just any apron... Some of you might recognize it as the apron Zuko wears while working at the tea shop in Ba Sing Se! I plan on wearing it while using the oven mitt to bake stuff. Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom, working together to make chocolate cake! I tried to get my boyfriend to model it, but he was too busy playing Left 4 Dead...

And finally... A fuzzy Pabu! He is plush and plump and oh-so-cute.

Thank you for a lovely swap, Zeivin!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
IsikkahJai
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

BAKA LOVE FOREVER! ^.^

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2012 11:07:27 PM »

WHOA! Uber jealous over here!  Shocked I LOVE that tea cup and saucer! *makes grabby hands at pabu*  Grin SO CUTE!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
the_essence
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2012 10:24:40 PM »

Another fabulous package!
I am also hopelessly obsessed also love tea so I think that cup and saucer set is adorable! (In fact, seeing this set inspired me to finally set up a time for me and some of my friends to go to one of those clay painting cafes I haven't been to in ages. So thank you for that! Smiley )

Pabu is SO cute! He looks so well-made Smiley
And I've gotta say... I kind of love Teashop!Zuko to bits (two of my faves! Tea and Zuko! Can't go wrong Wink ) so I love that apron!

Great job Zeivin!

My package is no longer in California and is now in Maryland! I can't wait 'til it gets here!!  Cheesy
Although all of these wonderful packages are giving me a bit of swap anxiety...
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012 10:26:49 PM by the_essence » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sakaki
Oddness

And everything is but what is not...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2012 11:42:21 PM »

I LOVEEEE the fire nation oven mitt! So smart!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Invite me for swaps!! I'd love to!
craftfulthinking.tu mblr.com
http://pinterest.com/sakakisins/
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2012 07:37:13 AM »

Love that apron.

And PABU! Too cute. Great package!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
the_essence
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2012 05:31:27 PM »

Hello everyone! I have received from the AMAZING Gr33nT3a! My photography uh... "setup" is not quite what you would call professional, so if you have any pictures Gr33nT3a please post them! Smiley

I am beyond thrilled, Gr33nT3a did such a fabulous job ahhhhh! Without further ado...

I won't start with a group shot because I want the final item to be a surprise  Grin hehehe
First up we have:

I mentioned to Gr33nT3a that I loveee tea, so she thoughtfully included on of her favorite loose leaf teas. It is, you guessed it, green tea! Ahahahaha   Cheesy I'm so excited to try it, I love green tea and I love trying new teas (I've never had Japanese green tea before)! I think I'll make some this evening in fact Smiley Next to the tea is a Katara doll! Gr33nT3a made Katara's hair and included some fabric because she thought I would have fun making my own Fire Nation outfit for her. She was right, this will be the perfect opportunity for me to practice my sewing skills (I am definitely still a beginner...ahahaha)  Grin

Next up is this adorable earthy bracelet (it's a little big so I might wear it as an anklet Smiley ). I love it, it's simple and has a pretty pendant Smiley just my style!

Next is this lovely candle-holder which she decorated. It's subtle, beautifully painted, and the candle smells soo goood, what is the scent? (Lol I don't think I told you I went through a phase of being addicted to scented candles...but yeah, I love me some scented candles  Grin)

Gr33nT3a - as soon as I saw it I kept thinking this looks sooo familiar, where was this design in the series? The first thought that came to mind was the Sun Warriors episode, or maybe something from the Fire Festival episode, but I scanned through them and couldn't find the design Sad So unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to tell you where the design is from booooo Sad

Okay now for my two favoritessss. These two just sent me over the moon.
First up a GORGEOUS calligraphy scroll (first with Katara showing it off for size reference, she's the size of a normal barbie doll, and second a slightly closer picture of the painting)

Gr33nT3a knows Chinese (so.cool.) so the Chinese literally translates to "Dripping water can pierce through stone," so "With perseverance one can accomplish great things"

Gr33nT3a you nailed my tastes and style to a T (tee?). I absolutely loveee this. I love watercolor paintings so much, I love Asian-style earthy prints (sakura trees, bamboo shoots, pretty much all earthy landscape things, etc.), and I love inspirational quotes. First of all the quote is wonderful, always a good reminder and definitely something that resonates with me. I adore the organic feel of the painting, the fact that it's on a scroll makes it look so legit, and of course the painting is so beautifully done Smiley This is totally the type of thing I would stop and ogle in a store. It's going up on my bedroom wall asap.  Grin

Finally, last but certainlyyyyy not least, the pillow. One of the things on my wishlist was a Zuko pillow. I got not only a Zuko pillow, but a Zuko BODY PILLOW. Yeah.

Helpfully modeled by my sister's bed because mine is a mess right now:

Here's a closeup of his hand-painted face:

I can't even...I don't even...there are no words. As soon as I saw that I got a pillow, and once I started pulling it out, I was just spewing a mix of "OMG OMG OMG" and non-stop giggling. He is adorable and perfect and AHHH. I had almost jokingly put body-pillow on my questionnaire thinking that for sure if I got any pillow it'd be a small regular one. This, just, wow. And his hair is so soft and fuzzy! Sorry Mai (or Katara depending on your ship)... but looks like Zuko has a permanent spot on my bed (HAHA sorry tried to think of a non-dirty way to word that but failed...XD)

A group shot of everything:

Grin THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU GR33NT3A!!!!  Grin
I absolutely adore everything. Looks like you knew exactly what I would like  Grin. It's all just perfect and you did such a beautiful job on everything.
Thank you again for all the wondrous goodies and a fabulous swap Smiley  Kiss

Andddd now I have a severe case of swap anxiety and I can only hope you like my package half as much as I like yours...
(Woops this turned out to be a really long post....heh ^ ^;; )
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012 05:33:51 PM by the_essence » THIS ROCKS   Logged

zeivin
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2012 06:09:15 PM »

Hey everyone, sorry I haven't been on that much lately... life finally caught up with me.

Anywhooo-- so many awesome things in this gallery since I last checked, it definitely exploded with awesomeness! I guess there's no better place to start than the top!

Abbeeroad: That is an awesome charm bracelet! And I love that Fire Ferrets shirt! GO FIRE FERRETS!!
Bunnibard: Those amis look spectacular! And anytime Sokka is paired with cactus juice is just too funny!
Bethanael: The mini spirit oasis is so cute! Cheesy And those earrings are so awesome!
Oath Keeper: That Cabbage Corp craft box is so adorable as is Pabu! And those hair clips are so beautiful.
IsikkahJai: I ... love... that tree of life pendant! So beautiful, and those colors are incredible! And the Be the Leaf shirt made me laugh so hard. I just keep thinking of Meelo's hand gesture!
Gr33nT3a: OMG That scroll and body pillow, there are no words, my jaw hit the floor when I saw that closeup of Zuko's hand painted face! Gorgeous job!
------
Chamomile_T: I'm glad you like everything! I was so worried about that cup and saucer set, but it looked like both arrived in one piece. Also I love that the Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom are going to work together to make chocolate cake. It's just so fitting!

And thank you everyone for such wonderful compliments! I'm totally loving this gallery and can't wait to see more!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest: http://pinterest.com/jessiebrannan
deviantArt: zeivin.deviantart.c om
Oath Keeper

Addicted to Plushies...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2012 07:14:57 PM »

Oh my god, that Zuko pillow, Oh MY GOD!!!! He is AMAZING looking. He looks so perfect for cuddling at night ^.^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Video Game Swap: Crafting

Can't swap? I do commissions too Wink
bethanael
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2012 07:47:22 PM »

Here are some of the wonderful items that I received, the only two not shown is honey from her dad's bee farm and some green tea. I was spoiled, everything I received was so amazing and wonderful.

Here is Kora Aang, and a small Aang keychain (this is way awesome I always wanted some bead art! The little Aang also glows in the dark.)

A beautiful necklace very Earth Kingdom

Showing some of the detail

Earth Nation paper

Clay Aang and Kora

Amazing bracelet (This has to be one of my favorite items)

Detail shots

Little origami animals (there are also a swan, seahorse, and fish. The frog is my favorite though because I have a little pet frog)

Tee shirts (Simply amazing, I just love these)

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get Started in Adobe Flash Lesson 1
How to Get Started in Adobe Flash Lesson 2
Adobe Encore: Basic Menu Functionality Lesson 3
Adobe Encore: Basic Menu Functionality Lesson 2
How to Create and Color Objects in Illustrator
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...