A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,381
Currently Running With Scissors:
626 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craft Show anyone? Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill  (Read 870 times)
Tags for this thread: craft_show  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Fierceless Studio
« on: August 20, 2012 12:51:44 PM »

So considering the lack of craft shows opportunities here in the triangle I got the great idea of organizing one! Which sounds awesome in theory but the reality of it all is I need HELP!!!!

I'm working with a partner that has started getting estimates for venues and has spread the word with friends so that we can have a nice flow of customers. Now we need vendors, we are looking for about 10-20 vendors (depending on the space) that are up-and-comer crafters who need a platform to display their crafts, network and hopefully make some much needed profit. Believe me I know how hard it is to get your business off the ground so our ultimate goal is to make this event extremely successful.

I'll love to get ideas from fellow crafters who have organized events like this, who are familiar with licenses, insurance, and technicalities that most of us are not familiar with. If you are interested in participating there will be more details to come as we get them straightened out. For more updates you can visit my blog at:

http://fiercelessstudio.blogspot.com/

I'm really looking forward to making sure this event is a success so feel free to reach out to me with comments and suggestions.

Thank you!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012 08:11:15 PM by Fierceless Studio » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Fierceless Studio
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012 05:18:09 PM »

My partner in crime has found two locations interested in hosting the event either Kestrel Heights School or Lowes Grove Middle school both in Durham, NC so hopefully we have an answer as to where before the week is over. As far as the date is concerned we have Saturday December 8th or Saturday December 15th as our two tentative dates, we'll wait to confirm with our final venue as to which date works best.

In regards to the application process and costs we haven't narrowed it down as much. The moment we can lock down a venue and a date we'll work on the rates and smooth out any other details

That's all for now. What do you think about the locations?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Make Smores at Home
Seven-Minute Frosting for Coconut Cupcakes
Dairy Free Cupcake Frosting Recipe
No-Cook Nutella Ice Cream Recipe
Dulce De Leche Ice Cream Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...