A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,546
Currently Running With Scissors:
618 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Did you know-FEEDBACK MUST BE OPENED IMMEDIATELY UPON POSTING A NEW SWAP  (Read 13792 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alteredmommy
Swap Moderator
More Art, Less Craft Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm an altered girl, in an altered world....

Colour outside the lines!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2013 03:42:51 PM »

You can move your own swap threads!
This is one of those things that can be a little hard to figure out the first time you need to do it (I spent hours looking!) but very "smack your forehead eureka" once you do Smiley  Once your swap is closed to signups you will need to move it to "Active Swaps Where Sign-Up Period has Closed"; when your swap is completely finished as in everyone has sent/received and has appropriate feedback it will then need to be moved to the "Archive of Swaps that are Totally Finished"  All you need to do is scroll down to the very bottom of your swap thread and click on the MOVE TOPIC button that you see on the left.  A pop up menu will appear, just choose the appropriate board and click the Move Topic button.  Done!

We get the odd Help Desk Ticket for this one (I believe that I sent one myself long ago when I started organizing Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster Mobile has launched!  Find out more here

Have a Swap Problem?  Please open a HELP DESK ticket!!
jungrrl
Global Moderator
Crafty Business Advice Moderator
Toys, Dolls, and Playthings Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I'm a portmanteau.

Former Full-time Craftster-er

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2013 11:19:22 AM »

You should be able to move any thread you start actually! So if you start a project or question thread in the wrong place and want to move it, this is the same process.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alteredmommy
Swap Moderator
More Art, Less Craft Moderator

I'm an altered girl, in an altered world....

Colour outside the lines!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2013 09:55:51 AM »

Did you know-posting pictures is NOT required for positive feedback? (swap rule)

We all know that pictures of what you have received are one of the funnest things about swapping but for whatever reason (no camera, no time) sometimes a swapper isn't able to post pics.   But posting pictures is NOT a requirement for Positive Feedback and in fact organizers should not hold be holding back on feedback updates for this reason.  From the Swap Guide:
When a participant's package is received, as long as that package meets the swap requirements, they get Positive Feedback.
The only requirements to receive Positive Feedback are that a package was sent (ideally on time) and that it meets the size/time requirements as outlined in the particular swap sign up.  

As a swapper please try and timely post pictures of your received package but if you are not able to it is nice let your partner know that you can't post pictures so that they can show off what they worked so hard to make you.  Organizers do feel free to note that a swapper did not post pictures in the comments section if you wish.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013 09:59:28 AM by alteredmommy » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster Mobile has launched!  Find out more here

Have a Swap Problem?  Please open a HELP DESK ticket!!
wendiek

Creativity is a gift! Wrap it up and give it away.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2013 01:08:44 AM »

I think I read all there is to read about swapping, very thoroughly.... You didn't post anything yet that I didn't know! I am absolutely NOT saying that you are wasting your time posting this, because I like reading it. That way I know for sure I actually UNDERSTOOD it!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
loulew28
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2013 07:50:52 AM »

Swap Rule is that everyone who has signed up for a swap must post at least once in the swap thread

I was wondering about this as someone who is new to Craftster. Even if someone can't post pics shouldn't they have to at least acknowledge in the swap gallery or thread that they received their package instead of just sending their partner a personal message or notifying the organizer. If they don't it almost seems like their partner flaked on them even if the organizer gives the person feedback.
I look at a lot of the galleries and wonder sometimes why there were a certain amount of partners but not all of them have posted pics or comments that they received. It kind of makes you wonder if you run a high risk of being flaked on after you put a lot of time and money into participating in a swap.
Obviously I don't have a lot of experience yet but it is already something that I have noticed just from observation and was wondering about. Now I know that pics aren't required but just thought that acknowledgement of receipt might be.
[/color]
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2013 07:57:31 AM »

While it's not actually required for someone to post in the gallery, it's definitely good etiquette! It's always a good idea to take pictures of what you send in a swap, just in case your partner can't or won't post photos.

As for your concern about running a high risk of being flaked on: although it does happen occasionally, Craftster actually has a very small percent of flakers vs. non-flakers in swaps. And, if you do happen to be flaked on, your organizer will post for a swap angel for you, assuring that everyone who sends out in a swap here will receive a return package.  Smiley
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013 02:24:53 PM by rackycoo - Reason: typo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like it? Check out my newly re-opened Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
loulew28
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2013 11:10:38 AM »

Thanks for letting me know. I guess when I first started getting into Craftster and relying on just looking at the boards without really researching I didn't understand the rules so I am finding this board very useful and informative. I just thought if people didn't post about their partner or their package that they never received one. Glad to know that isn't the case.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Jagged Chevron Part 1/5
How to Crochet a Hunnie Pot Hat for Preemies Part 7/11
How to Crochet a Hunnie Pot Hat for Preemies Part 5/11
How to Crochet a Hunnie Pot Hat for Preemies Part 3/11
How to Crochet a Hunnie Pot Hat for Preemies Part 2/11
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...