A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,947
Currently Running With Scissors:
416 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Did you know-FEEDBACK MUST BE OPENED IMMEDIATELY UPON POSTING A NEW SWAP  (Read 16971 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alteredmommy
Swap Moderator
More Art, Less Craft Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm an altered girl, in an altered world....

Colour outside the lines!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: August 20, 2012 09:56:25 AM »

While nothing replaces a thorough reading of the Swap Info Guide, the swap mods would like to review a few things that both swappers and organizers may not be aware of.  We encourage everyone interested in swapping and/or organizing a swap to take a look through the Swap Info Guide for all the rules of swapping on Craftster!  For experienced swappers/organizers if it has been some time since you have read the Swap Info Guide, please take a look to refresh your memory.

There will be updates regularly on this thread with a new "Did You Know..." topic, some of which will review certain Rules of Swapping (all of which have been in place for quite some time) and some of which will be handy tips to make everyone's swapping experience easier Smiley

Did You Know- Feedback must be opened immediately! If you are an organizer you must open feedback for yourself (and your co-organizer if you have one) right after you post your new swap on the swap board.  Once you have checked the profile of any potential swappers to make sure they are eligible, you need to open feedback for them and add them to your swapper participant list.  If they are on the swapper list, they should have your swap open in their profile.

This is an important habit to get into as an organizer!  Post your swap, open your own feedback. It is surprising how many people forget in the excitement of posting a new swap!

Handy tips covered so far:

Did you know-all swappers must post in the swap thread at least once upon joining a swap (swap rule)

Did you know-feedback must be opened immediately!  If you are an organizer as soon as you post a new swap you should open feedback for yourself.  (swap rule)

Did you know-you can make swap member names clickable on your swap list  (helpful tip)

Did you know-secret partner swap lists should be sent to the Swap Mods  (swap rule)

Did you know- you can post swap items you have made in the appropriate board after your partner receives  (helpful tip)

Did you know- you should use the Help Desk for feedback mistakes! (helpful tip)

Did you know- swap send/receive lists need to be updated right to the end of the swap!  (swap rule)

Did you know-organizers can move their own swap threads (in fact you can move any thread that YOU start Smiley )  (helpful tip)

Did you know-posting pictures is NOT required for positive feedback? (swap rule)

« Last Edit: March 04, 2014 09:58:36 AM by alteredmommy » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Join the Shop the Swap 2014 Winter Market SIGNUPS Sept 26 - Oct 10!!

Have a Swap Problem?  Please open a HELP DESK ticket!!
alteredmommy
Swap Moderator

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012 10:23:20 AM »

Did you know-all swappers MUST post at least once in the swap thread
The swap thread is the main source of updates and information for every Craftster swap and a very important Swap Rule is that everyone who has signed up for a swap must post at least once in the swap thread.  Although this is a basic part of swapping, organizers should send a reminder if they notice that one of their swappers has not posted in the thread.   As an organizer you can request in your sign up rules that potential swappers post in the signup thread before you open feedback for them (which is likely the easiest way to keep track) OR note beside their name on the participant list **needs to post in the thread. 

As a swapper it is good practice to get into the habit of posting in the swap thread before you send in your signup, which makes it much easier not to forget!

Please be aware that a swapper may be dropped from a swap if they do not post in the thread before the close of the swap and partner matchup.  Organizers should open a Help Desk ticket in this instance.

I keep a check list on my swapper list of who has posted on the thread so I know who to send a friendly reminder to Smiley
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014 09:56:03 AM by alteredmommy » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Leslieshappyheart
Tutorial Contributor

A happy heart makes the face cheerful! Pr 15:13

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012 04:11:01 PM »

I keep a check list on my swapper list of who has posted on the thread so I know who to send a friendly reminder to Smiley

I do that too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafty blog: Leslie's Art and Sew

My dolly blog: Blythe Happy
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012 07:38:52 AM »

I like this rule!  It feels a bit safer to swap when your partner engages in the thread...part of the fun is to get to know people a bit and to give compliments and support to your fellow swappers...thanks for the reminder!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

doulakk
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012 11:59:17 AM »

I am new here and really want to swap Smashing/ Junking/ Paper items with others.  Do a lot of these occur and are most swaps "themed"?  Thank you for your time.
Kelly K Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2012 10:54:11 PM »

I make sure to post in the swap thread before I send my swap sign-up in.

I do that too!

I'm lazier than you guys, when I organize, I just require people to post before I approve and add them to the thread lol!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012 10:55:28 PM by MareMare » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/27

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
wendiek

Creativity is a gift! Wrap it up and give it away.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2012 07:30:08 AM »

I like that rule!

Isn't it more fun to swap when people post more often? I know I like it that way! You might even consider a rule that a swapper (read wendiek) isn't allowed to post MORE than once a day, hahaha  Grin

I know I get a bit nervous when my partner hasn't posted yet, I agree with alwaysinmyroom that part of the fun of swapping is the encouraging words, compliments, getting to know your fellow swappers a bit better. BTW I like to give compliments when ever I get the change!

@ doulakk: check out the organized swap board and find out!   Smiley And you could always ask people if they are interested in such a swap by asking that in (on/at, I don't know) the idea-board.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alteredmommy
Swap Moderator

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012 09:39:39 AM »

Did You Know- Feedback must be opened immediately!  If you are an organizer you must open feedback for yourself (and your co-organizer if you have one) right after you post your new swap on the swap board.  Once you have checked the profile of any potential swappers to make sure they are eligible, you need to open feedback for them and add them to your swapper participant list.  If they are on the swapper list, they should have your swap open in their profile.

This is an important habit to get into as an organizer!  Post your swap, open your own feedback. It is surprising how many people forget in the excitement of posting a new swap!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012 08:39:02 AM by alteredmommy » THIS ROCKS   Logged

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2012 02:15:43 PM »

Did You Know- Feedback must be opened immediately!  If you are an organizer you must open feedback for yourself (and your co-organizer if you have one) right after you post your new swap on the swap board.  Once you have checked the profile of any potential swappers to make sure they are eligible, you need to open feedback for them and add them to your swapper participant list.  If they are on the swapper list, they should have your swap open in their profile.

This is an important habit to get into as an organizer!  Post your swap, open your own feedback. It is surprising how many people forget in the excitement of posting a new swap!

Great reminder! I try not to start a swap unless I know I'll also have time to open my own feedback at the same time. I don't want to get in trouble with the swap mods! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/27

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
alteredmommy
Swap Moderator

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2012 09:08:17 AM »

Did You Know- you can make member names clickable on your swap list! 
This is a handy tip for swap organizers which is easy to do.  When adding your new swappers onto your swap list (right after you have checked their profile for eligibility and opened feedback for them of course) you can make their names clickable by using the button above the smilies that has a little guy in pink on it before adding the name OR highlighting the name then clicking the Insert link to member button.
Code:
[member]alteredmommy[/member]
Making your swappers names clickable on your swap list makes it much easier for you to access their profile to check if the swap shows up, for partners to access profiles and for swap mods to check for necessary information as well.

This is a great tip for organizing your swapper list Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
CFDA Fashion Awards Winners And Red Carpet Style
Get Trendy In Sporty Chic Shorts
Finding the Perfect Summer Dress
Angelina Jolie Makes a Sexy Statement at Her First Post-Surgery Red Carpet
Pretty Savvy: Beachy Chic
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...