A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,550
Currently Running With Scissors:
349 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Hoopla VS Yarnies - SU CLOSED; SO Oct 1,2012  (Read 18915 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PixieVal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2012 08:24:07 PM »

That sounds about right, I would even say a small baby blanket if it wasn't immaculate. I always tend to overdue my mediums when it comes to crochet, but not too much I think. I disagree on the socks for a knitter though, I know hand knit socks are one of the most coveted things in the craft world, and they take a lot of time from what I understand. for me, I consider a hat and scarf smalls if they are not that elaborate... slippers and mittens take me a little more time though, a medium sounds right. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2012 08:28:25 PM »

ya, see I wasn't sure about the knit socks, I thought they may be more larges too, but thought I'd mention them anyways  Grin.  And I do agree with you on the hats and scarf, if they are just an easy design I would say smalls too, but both together would be a medium I would think.  Sometimes, depending on the pattern a scarf alone could be a medium, but I would think I would always put a hat as a small, unless its really elaborate!!!

I think PixieVal and I have the crocheted mediums down, but Maybe a knitter can tell us some ideas of what they think would be mediums??  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
jexxican

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2012 09:33:33 PM »

I crochet socks and I don't know, I think I crochet kind of slowly, but I would make them for this swap if that was what the person wanted. I love making socks! I've also never really cared about "size reqs." I mean, I always try to do at least the minimum but sometimes I go overboard. Like in a hoopla round I sent a skein of handspun yarn (that she thankfully didn't post, I might have gotten in trouble for that?) just because I knew she would love it. So on that note: Would it be OK with the organizer if the partners decided to do more than just a medium? Like, if I'm a hooper and and my yarnie partners wants to make me a large or something I could totally throw in some extras, you know, more than 1 hoop, some yarn... But also, sometimes hoops can be more than just a medium in themselves, too so... Wait, what am I saying?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
Lellibo

Failiure is always an option

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2012 02:55:46 AM »

Woo just sent in my Questionaire. Hope i get in Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I believe in Sherlock Holmes
mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2012 06:11:37 AM »

hahaha, ya, extras are fine with me!!!  Make sure you discuss everything with your partner!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
froggmomma
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2012 07:03:49 AM »

Tis would be fun, and I could be either a hooker or a hooper lol I'll have to wait until Friday to decide whether or not this will fit in the budget though. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

He asked, and I said yes.
I'm looking for Home Interiors resin butterflies, and License plates from other states. PM me for swap info. I love to swap.
beth8144
It is just so stinkin' addictive!

CRAFTING KEEPS ME FROM GOING CRAZY!!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2012 07:22:51 AM »

Gonna have to think about this one. I want to do a swap, and love the idea of this one. What if I am both a hooper and a crocheter. I would love to do a hoop for something knitted that is a skill I have not mastered.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

So many ideas so little time. Will I ever get them all done?
http://wists.com/beth8144
http://pinterest.com/beth8144/
mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2012 07:58:47 AM »

OK, then send in your questionnaire as a hooper and state on it that you'd like to be paired with a knitter  Wink I think so far (I could be wrong here, don't be mad at me!!) that we've only got crocheters so far.  Hoping we got some knitters too!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy
Pinterest
missmlissa
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2012 07:04:34 PM »

I'm a knitter Mama!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
professionalpineapple
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2012 07:27:54 PM »

ya, see I wasn't sure about the knit socks, I thought they may be more larges too, but thought I'd mention them anyways  Grin.  And I do agree with you on the hats and scarf, if they are just an easy design I would say smalls too, but both together would be a medium I would think.  Sometimes, depending on the pattern a scarf alone could be a medium, but I would think I would always put a hat as a small, unless its really elaborate!!!

I think PixieVal and I have the crocheted mediums down, but Maybe a knitter can tell us some ideas of what they think would be mediums??  Grin

I knit, and when I think of mediums, I think of things like:
complex fingerless gloves or mittens (colorwork especially)
hats that are more simple tubes
simple shawlettes
scarves
cowls that are more than simple tubes

Definitely not socks, and nothing much bigger than a 24" square (in total -- a scarf would be longer but not as wide), unless I was using *really* bulky yarn. Probably not anything made with less than sport-weight yarn.

I go by time spent, usually, and I use "a few hours to up to two days" as my medium range. (Socks take a week, if I'm lucky.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I <3 personal swaps!
pinterest|wists
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Baking Hamentaschen with the Shaarei Torah Bakers of Portland, Oregon
Homemade Thin Mints Recipe
10 Tips To Baking Healthier Sweets
How to Make Parcelled Camembert and Cranberry
How to Make a Blood Orange Tart with Lemon Curd
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...