A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 298,096
Currently Running With Scissors:
499 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My (evergoing) DIY wedding list...  (Read 970 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

StaciRose
« on: August 18, 2012 08:32:15 PM »

So today I woke up and nearly had a heart attack as I realised that I have a little over 14 months until my wedding >.< Since we're getting married in December I ideally want everything to be done by November to avoid rocketing Christmas prices.

Out budget is about NZD$6000  (approx USD$4500) with a safety  net of $2000 but I would prefer to put this towards our honeymoon or house. We are having the reception at my mums house as she has an awesome garden that is like an overgrown Alice in Wonderland/Enchanted garden. Our theme is 'Old World Luxe meets Enchanted Garden', I have no idea about the colors yet >.< We are also considering having our ceremony at sunset (Dec is summer time for us) and have a desert reception

My list of stuff to make..

1) Save the Date cards
usually I am against Save the Dates for people in the same country, but I have 5 friends I am inviting who live in England and thought it would be nice for them to have a written 'pre warning' so they have the option of saving for the airfares if they want to come Smiley

2) Wedding Dress

3) Bridesmaid Dresses and Flower Girl Dresses

4) Bridal Flowers

5) Center pieces for the table

6) Ring cushion/box thing

7) Art pieces
Instead of traditional programs I thought it would be really cool to do a few paintings showing what is going on and what food will be served

Cool The food
I couldnt believe how much the caterers were wanting. Our entire wedding budget would only get us about 6 finger food bits per guest >.< Lots of places were really nasty to us when we said we wanted vegetarian food and no meat.

9) A Skull candle for the unity ceremony

10) My veil/or headpiece

And the countdown begins!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
blck_celebrtion
Misanthrope extraordinaire

Misanthrope extraordinaire

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012 05:46:10 AM »

Best of luck!  Are you thinking of a blog or other way to document your DIY wedding crafting?  Do you know what style you would like your dress to be?  As someone who is also struggling financially putting one together, I'm really rooting for you. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mrs. Awesome_Pants

Creative minds are rarely tidy.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012 07:03:39 PM »

Good luck!  14 months should give you lots of time to get things done if you stay on track Smiley  My own DIY wedding was just last week and I finished everything at the very last minute, which means I was sewing the shoulder straps and trim onto a bridesmaid's dress at 12noon for our 4:30 ceremony  Undecided

I agree that you should document your process.  I kinda wish I had, so I could remember how I did a lot of things!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
StaciRose
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012 03:05:25 PM »

Eeek - sorry for the late responce I've been busy with uni exams Cheesy thank you for your idea's for documenting it! I might start doing a blog, I have tried in the past but seem to get to about 10 posts and get distracted haha

@ Mrs Awesome Pants, my aunt at her wedding went and got her hair and makeup done decided she didnt like her wedding dress and made a new one within 4 hours Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Converse Releases Line Of Worn In Chuck Taylors
#Trends: Single Strap Stilettos
Vera Wang Charges Fee To Try On Bridal Dresses
Rachel Bilson Dishes Style Crush and Must Have Beauty Item
H&M Launches Model Off Duty Collection
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...